65. Chip and Release, Not Targeted

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Didn't you talk yourself into loving Shaheen a few days after the pick? Now you just said yesterday that Shaheen never had upside and now you are using tape of Kmet against college players to hype yourself into loving him?

This is just friendly advice so you can take it or tell me to go to hell; either is fine, but how about loving or hating a pick based on what they do or don't do in the NFL? I can't really imagine reacting any other way to a draft and I personally love it. Works well for me.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He is already the best TE on the roster. Didn't take much, doesn't mean he will be the starting TE or considered the number 1 guy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i think at the very worst he'll be at least Dez Clark (who I think was a good underrated TE), but I think he'll be better, clearly just an opinion but we'll see
I expect him to be better on routes but ya.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
There should definitely be reason for optimism with Kmet. I like others did not want a TE, but he really was the top TE prospect.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Didn't you talk yourself into loving Shaheen a few days after the pick? Now you just said yesterday that Shaheen never had upside and now you are using tape of Kmet against college players to hype yourself into loving him?

This is just friendly advice so you can take it or tell me to go to hell; either is fine, but how about loving or hating a pick based on what they do or don't do in the NFL? I can't really imagine reacting any other way to a draft and I personally love it. Works well for me.
i don't know what the coaches saw of shaheen in practice to make him a healthy scratch I only know the only really bad play I saw of him was that horrendous non first down in the philly playoff game, he was just hurt constantly. But I can't remember him dropping a pass in a game or anything

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cole Kmet breakdown? First Burton, then Roquan, now Kmet?

Oh, not that kinda breakdown. NVM

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This was his 1st game after a late summer broken collarbone and missing the 1st 2 games. He blocked appropriately last year but should become a stronger one with an off season of upper body work to regain and/or improve his strength. It's odd that I never see his injury mentioned on break downs or from posters that aren't enamored b his blocking. I saw a guy that was willing and fulfilled his assignments appropriately. I think he got a bit more aggressive with it later in the year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cole Kmet breakdown? First Burton, then Roquan, now Kmet?

Oh, not that kinda breakdown. NVM
Sticks+fingers+in+ears+that+never+happened+la+la+la+_62debfc271b582ee34db073fac56a57c.gif

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
i don't know what the coaches saw of shaheen in practice to make him a healthy scratch I only know the only really bad play I saw of him was that horrendous non first down in the philly playoff game, he was just hurt constantly. But I can't remember him dropping a pass in a game or anything

That seems to be replying to a completely different post than mine. Windy - along with a ton of others - talked themselves into liking the Shaheen pick based on the fact that few knew who he was or ever saw him play. My entire point is to say it is irrational to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on a pick until they produce or fail to produce.

Shaheen by the way has failed to produce. The reason to me is irrelevant.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Thanks Windy!

Since you went through the whole game, what is your overall view of his Blocking?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
One thing that I noticed from Shaheen is that he never really got the running skills that help you work through first contact. He didnt consistently pick his feet up, he leaned into his run so he falls forward (and while that is situationally good, it robs you of your balance to fight through tackles), and he didnt explode into contact. Shaheen didnt have bad hands, he just played soft, and he runs like a baby giraffe. He was physically large but didnt play like on of the big boys.

The opposite is true for Kmet - he runs like a truck, and has good movement skills. He still has work to do in the pros, but this guy is a clear prospect that looks and plays like a mean monster in the middle.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think at the very worst he'll be at least Dez Clark (who I think was a good underrated TE), but I think he'll be better, clearly just an opinion but we'll see
lol... I was just thinking the same thing the other day.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One thing that I noticed from Shaheen is that he never really got the running skills that help you work through first contact. He didnt consistently pick his feet up, he leaned into his run so he falls forward (and while that is situationally good, it robs you of your balance to fight through tackles), and he didnt explode into contact.
Ya, he fixed that in the playoff game and tried to hurdle a CB. Unfortunately he's been like an accident waiting to happen. Wasn't it also Shaheen's leg that Howard tripped on when he had all that open field in front of him?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That seems to be replying to a completely different post than mine. Windy - along with a ton of others - talked themselves into liking the Shaheen pick based on the fact that few knew who he was or ever saw him play. My entire point is to say it is irrational to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on a pick until they produce or fail to produce.

Shaheen by the way has failed to produce. The reason to me is irrelevant.

Is someone giving a thumbs up or thumbs down?

I must have missed that in the OP.

You may be right about Shaheen, we talked ourselves into it because we knew nothing and could not find anything on him. This time I am going to do a thorough breakdown.

Last edited: