Breaking down contract statuses at every position for Bears' 2021 offseason

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well you are taking an unfair snapshot

Not really. It shows that they are going to have to pay someone to round up that group of nobodies.

They should be letting ARob walk if you were talking extensions for Miller & Wims, but they both got out played by a late round rookie. Now they are going to have to pay someone...may as well be the one that has excelled in making scrub QBs look good.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Kyle Fuller, but 20 mill, ewww. The way Jackson has played the last 2 years, i wish he could take a pay cut. Cut Skine, nuff said. Nothing can be done about Quinn, sadly. Most may say Cut Hicks and with him being hurt often, I can see why, but you are unlikely to find someone who can have his impact on his side of the ball if he is gone my opinion. 12 mill is not the worst contract. You can cut Leno, or Massie, or both but the challenge is who is come to be cheaper and better? But Massie will still likely be cut. J. Graham has to go, a bad contract from the jump. Not all his fault since he wasn't used as a Red zone target like her should have been mostly.

Despite the bad play of Miller and Whims, I don't cut them until you know who you can bring in. Whims most likely gone, but a youtube video gave me hope, the reason Nagy and Pace are here, to go all in on getting Watson, I'm going to believe that till the end right now.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Not really. It shows that they are going to have to pay someone to round up that group of nobodies.

They should be letting ARob walk if you were talking extensions for Miller & Wims, but they both got out played by a late round rookie. Now they are going to have to pay someone...may as well be the one that has excelled in making scrub QBs look good.
Well the 2021 draft's much ballyhooed class of wide receivers more than lived up to the billing, but even then Darnell Mooney stood out to an extent. After you get past the tier of Justin Jefferson, Chase Claypool and Tee Higgins you could claim that by the end of the season Darnell Mooney looked as good as any of the other wide receivers drafted. So I wouldn't really use that as a pejorative towards Wims or Miller, Darnell Mooney was outplaying a lot of people (some with very bright futures).

I am of many minds when it comes to Allen Robinson II and what the right course of action is. I'm open to the idea of letting him walk, franchising him and keeping him, franchising him and trading him, or re-signing him to a large extension. As long as it makes sense with the rest of the off-season.

If Robinson II departs in free agency but the Bears sign Corey Davis, draft a wide receiver early and spend the money they saved letting Robinson II depart on someone like Taylor Moton then it'll hard to be disappointed. On the other hand if they let Robinson II walk then push all their draft capital in on the third overall pick and do nothing else to buttress the offensive line or receiver corps then I'll be quite disappointed. It all depends. I would not condemn the wide receiver position either way right now, a lot can happen.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like Kyle Fuller, but 20 mill, ewww. The way Jackson has played the last 2 years, i wish he could take a pay cut. Cut Skine, nuff said. Nothing can be done about Quinn, sadly. Most may say Cut Hicks and with him being hurt often, I can see why, but you are unlikely to find someone who can have his impact on his side of the ball if he is gone my opinion. 12 mill is not the worst contract. You can cut Leno, or Massie, or both but the challenge is who is come to be cheaper and better? But Massie will still likely be cut. J. Graham has to go, a bad contract from the jump. Not all his fault since he wasn't used as a Red zone target like her should have been mostly.

Despite the bad play of Miller and Whims, I don't cut them until you know who you can bring in. Whims most likely gone, but a youtube video gave me hope, the reason Nagy and Pace are here, to go all in on getting Watson, I'm going to believe that till the end right now.

Thats a result of moving his money around and backloading his deal.

The smart move would be to extend fuller so you can spread that 20m out further.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read somewhere will be closer to $198M

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read somewhere will be closer to $198M
From what I saw at worst it can't drop below 175... but I have that it still could go up... but nothing is set in stone yet... As much as I hate to say it, kind of hoping for a Packers or Saints vs Chiefs superbowl. That would put up the most money, with Bucs a close second. I'd tune in if I thought it was Brees last game.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Still don't believe the cap will go down to $175m. If owners are smart they instead negotiate a 5 year "cap freeze" that locks the cap at $200M until 2027. That would save owners around $150M of total cap, while not forcing teams to make mad cuts to existing players contracts. Its robbing future NFL contracts to do so, but financial foresight hasn't traditionally been a strength of professional athletes.
It would freeze at 198.7 mil. Not too shabby.