BREAKING: Duncan Keith Suspended 1 Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
saw this coming after his previous history.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i thought he deserved it.

However, Shanahan's three points at the end of the video are hilarious.

High-Sticking
History
Injury

MANY PLAYERS WOULD BE SUSPENDED THEN

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Don't react like a child next time. However he will always be that way. He hasn't played all that well lately so I don't see a huge drop off. Still need to get this game 4...

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Don't react like a child next time. However he will always be that way. He hasn't played all that well lately so I don't see a huge drop off. Still need to get this game 4...

Really? He has been playing pretty solid in the playoffs and there is about to be a huge dropoff from Keith to Brookbank/whoever.

1 game was deserved. Right call here and I didn't think it should be more than 1. I certainly didn't see any intent but Keith needs to be in control of his stick. If that slash gets Carter in the arm then nothing more comes of it, but Keith reacted in a way that he just couldn't have.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? He has been playing pretty solid in the playoffs and there is about to be a huge dropoff from Keith to Brookbank/whoever.

1 game was deserved. Right call here and I didn't think it should be more than 1. I certainly didn't see any intent but Keith needs to be in control of his stick. If that slash gets Carter in the arm then nothing more comes of it, but Keith reacted in a way that he just couldn't have.

He didn't play great in game 3. game 1 and 2 were fantastic.

But yeah, difference between Keith and Brookbank is huge.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
My problem with what Shanny said was that he places no fault on Carter for the slash. I completely agree that Keith should be suspended for taking a swing at a guy, but Carter should have at least been fined for slashing a guy on a gloveless hand.

Oh, and it is amazing that Walkom was more than willing not to call the obvious slash, he is a joke.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My problem with what Shanny said was that he places no fault on Carter for the slash. I completely agree that Keith should be suspended for taking a swing at a guy, but Carter should have at least been fined for slashing a guy on a gloveless hand.

Oh, and it is amazing that Walkom was more than willing not to call the obvious slash, he is a joke.

Not only a slash on the hand, but his stealing of the stick and glove also lead to Keith retaliating.

Shanahan made a big deal out of how the slash actually hit the glove instead of Keith's hand though...

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Not only a slash on the hand, but his stealing of the stick and glove also lead to Keith retaliating.

Shanahan made a big deal out of how the slash actually hit the glove instead of Keith's hand though...

Actually, he said it might have hit the glove, might have hit the hand, but that it didn't matter.

Had Carter broken a bone in Keith's hand, would that have mattered? Carter should at least been fined.

Shanny is so inconsistent that it is absurd.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, he said it might have hit the glove, might have hit the hand, but that it didn't matter.

Had Carter broken a bone in Keith's hand, would that have mattered? Carter should at least been fined.

Shanny is so inconsistent that it is absurd.

If something with Keith's hand was injured I'm betting there would be a fine. That's how the screwed up system of player safety works. If someone gets hurt it's fine worthy or suspension worthy, if they don't get hurt it didn't matter.

But to say that Keith didn't deserve this suspension is downright crazy

Franko725

Liked Posts:
If something with Keith's hand was injured I'm betting there would be a fine. That's how the screwed up system of player safety works. If someone gets hurt it's fine worthy or suspension worthy, if they don't get hurt it didn't matter.

But to say that Keith didn't deserve this suspension is downright crazy

I completely agree with the suspension, but completely disagree with the lack of discipline to Carter.

You are right about the discipline though, it only matters if someone got hurt or not.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
First Bolland does NOT get suspended. Then Keith DOES.

I consider that 0 for 2.

(But I agree with the Keith suspension.)

Franko725

Liked Posts:
First Bolland does NOT get suspended. Then Keith DOES.

I consider that 0 for 2.

(But I agree with the Keith suspension.)

What exactly was Bolland supposed to get suspended for? He did not launch himself. He did not target the head with his shoulder. He turns his body to attempt to avoid making contact with his shoulder. It was unfortunate that he hurt somebody, but it wasn't like he was meaning to.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

no intent? are you high? he didnt intend to bloody his face but he did intend on slashing him as retal for carter instigating. that wasnt an accident.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
no intent? are you high? he didnt intend to bloody his face but he did intend on slashing him as retal for carter instigating. that wasnt an accident.

No kidding. No intent to hit him in the face. Hence why I said he needs to control his stick and if he gets him in the arm that nothing comes of it. Nice try though.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No kidding. No intent to hit him in the face. Hence why I said he needs to control his stick and if he gets him in the arm that nothing comes of it. Nice try though.

than.fucking.say.that.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keith got what he deserved. The guy acts like a complete clown when things aren't going right.

He's lucky it wasn't more.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Thought Carter might get a fine or something for slashing a bare hand ... but this suspension was coming, no doubt. Prior history doomed Keith as soon as he swung his stick.

That'll make this Game 4 win even better.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Carter should have been suspended along with Keith. Bettman's butt buddy named Shannahan strikes again.

Clit Licking

Status
Not open for further replies.