Brek Shea?

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
What about Brek Shea?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/01/25/starting-xi-no-easy-answers-young-talents-adu-shea

Looks he's done in F*C* Dallas, I believe he's a LM, that would solve our LM postion.

How about this starting 11

------MacDonald--------Rolfe------
------------------Lindpere------------
---Shea---------------------Nyarko---
---------------Larentowicz-------------
-Segares-Berry--Friedrich-Anibaba-
----------------Johnson----------------

Players the choose form to make the bench:Tornaghi (will be the back up), Alex, Oduro, Santos, Paladini, Bone, Gulley, Jumper, Kinney, Pineda, Thompson, Videria, Walls and Pause

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Would be a solid addition, not sure I see it happening though.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love that :pray: he is one of my favorite young players

bbaker

Liked Posts:
That'd be cool. Brek Shea is a badass. Fire should go and get Sam Garza too. I played pickup soccer with him and some other D1 soccer players once....he's pretty good. He scored 6 of our team's 9 goals (we won 9-5).

Bear06

Liked Posts:
That'd be cool. Brek Shea is a badass. Fire should go and get Sam Garza too. I played pickup soccer with him and some other D1 soccer players once....he's pretty good. He scored 6 of our team's 9 goals (we won 9-5).

Brek Shea is a b!tch.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
He's not done in Dallas. You guys are so behind, Stoke said a few days ago that they won't be buying Shea.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
He's not in Dallas. You guys are so behind, Stoke said a few days ago that they won't be buying Shea.

We know he was on supposed to be trialing with Stoke before negotiations broke down, and we said he was probably done in Dallas. His rights are still owned by FC Dallas.

And why would you think we though Stoke would be buying him? Wouldn't make much sense to discuss him coming to Chicago then, would it?

Bear06

Liked Posts:
We know he was on supposed to be trialing with Stoke before negotiations broke down, and we said he was probably done in Dallas. His rights are still owned by FC Dallas.

And why would you think we though Stoke would be buying him? Wouldn't make much sense to discuss him coming to Chicago then, would it?

I meant not done in Dallas. Stupid Apple AutoCorrect.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I meant not done in Dallas. Stupid Apple AutoCorrect.

Still was an MLSSoccer.com headline and it still could happen.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys dont want. Quite simply, because he is too good for the MLS and will be gone no later than the summer. Stoke agreed the fee and thought it was done, until the MLS came in and blocked the move because they want the MLS to get a good valuation on him. 3 mil wasnt good enough for the MLS and Stoke said fuck off.

Frankly though, MLS did Brek a favor. Stoke is a shit club and he could do better.

Dont waste the time, money, picks to get him, when he is done with the MLS.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Valid points there.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
The thing is, if we do go after him and sign and he leaves in summer transfer window or end of year tranfer window we will a good chunk of that money to replace him...

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Judging from this whole MLS thing though, im not exactly sure how much money teams actually get. But yea, with some more polish I think he can be damn good.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Deal with Stoke back on

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, good luck to him. Dont know how much that extra mil was holding things up, unless, Brek told them to do it regardless. Having watched him (Brek) enough, he seemed to grow bored with MLS.

Still think Stoke is a shit club, and Pulis is 1 out of 2 when it comes to Americans. Stoke do play a type a ball though that fits Breks game. So, I hope he can get some games.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
You guys dont want. Quite simply, because he is too good for the MLS and will be gone no later than the summer. Stoke agreed the fee and thought it was done, until the MLS came in and blocked the move because they want the MLS to get a good valuation on him. 3 mil wasnt good enough for the MLS and Stoke said fuck off.

Frankly though, MLS did Brek a favor. Stoke is a shit club and he could do better.

Dont waste the time, money, picks to get him, when he is done with the
MLS.

He can do better? He was mediocre with FC Dallas last season. Schalke are probably glad that FC Dallas rejected their deal 2 years ago.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, he can do better. Not top 4 better, but anything is better than Stoke. Shit club, shit facilities, shit coach, shite gremiln fans. There are a handful of teams with a much better setup than Stoke. Just as Edu could have done better than Stoke, and Edu wound up wasting half this season.

And Dallas never turned anything down. There was no actual bid, just a inquiry to possible price. To which Schalke said fuck off. They werent the only team either who had their eyes on him. Big clubs have been interested in Shea since the Toulon youth tournament he participated in for the US back in May 2008.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Yes, he can do better. Not top 4 better, but anything is better than Stoke. Shit club, shit facilities, shit coach, shite gremiln fans. There are a handful of teams with a much better setup than Stoke. Just as Edu could have done better than Stoke, and Edu wound up wasting half this season.

And Dallas never turned anything down. There was no actual bid, just a inquiry to possible price. To which Schalke said fuck off. They werent the only team either who had their eyes on him. Big clubs have been interested in Shea since the Toulon youth tournament he participated in for the US back in May 2008.

Edu could have done better than Stoke? I'm sorry but you're wrong. He isn't that good a player tbh, he barely made the bench at Stoke. He should have never gone to Stoke at the beginning because he is not an EPL quality player, he should of gone to France or Turkey. He is now at loan in Turkey where he can actually get PT.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brek went on loan to Barnsley and in his first game put in a very good 70 minutes. His manager said he was fantastic, so I'll take that as very good. Good for him getting away from Stoke tho.