First time, long time.
- Feb 16, 2014
- Liked Posts:
- South Suburbs
My favorite teams
Interesting to see how he has some of these guys stacked against each other. Admittedly, I haven't done much DT research but I didn't know there were this many quality options in this draft. A lot of flavors.
- Jalen Carter-Says best DT tape he's seen in ten years of doing this.
- Calijah Kancey-Nothing like his lateral quickness in this draft other than Jalen Carter. Vicious interior pass rusher
- Keeanu Benton-Says he could go mid-first (17 to Ptt) to mid-second. Good mix of Kancey and Mazi in terms of his ability to both stop the run and rush the passer. Cam Heyward comp.
- Mazi Smith-Best run defender in the draft besides Carter. DJ Reader comp with less pass rush juice.
- Adetomiwa Adeboware/Bryan Bresee-6T/5T on early downs, 3T on passing downs, Morgan Fox/Michael Bennet mixture comp for both, can't play 3T full time as they'll get crushed and washed away
- Jerrod Clark-Nose/2i, true nose, overwhelming power, Grover Stewart comp
- Kobie Turner-very versatile, 98th percentile 3-cone, really smart, top 100 "lock"
- Byron Young-Classic Bama 5T, well-coached, fundamental, good pop in his hands
- Gervon Dexter-5T/3T, stout run defender and incredible pop in his hands, Arik Armstead comp, slow off the ball (could be coaching or block recognition), raw pass rusher
- Jaquelin Roy-straight line 3T with little bend/wiggle, rotational 3T, little upside athletically
- Nesta Jade Silvera-"Bowling ball of destruction", plays with his hair on fire, endless motor, more stout against the run than typical 3Ts, nose versatility
- Moro Ojomo-Devastatingly powerful run defender, raw as a pass rusher (similiar to Gervon Dexter), a couple years from being a 3T pass rusher on passing downs
- Siaki Ika/Keondre Coburn-0T nose, stout against the run, tough to uproot, neither are good pass rushers
- Jalen Redmon-Very raw because he came into college at 235 and is now 295. Getting used to new weight as well as playing inside (came into college as an end). Highest pass rush ceiling besides Jalen Carter and Kancey, very low floor
- Brodric Martin-High highs and low lows, doesn't fully maximize his size (6'5 330)
- Zacch Pickens-One dimensional, penetrating 3T, cannot anchor against the run to save his life, nice counter moves as a pass rusher
- Cameron Young-Good run stopping 5T/3T, no juice as a pass rusher