Brett Sopel.....What a GREAT guy!

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
[quote name="stu"]Pretty neat what they can do with a watermelon these days.[/quote]

Taken out of context this belongs in an entirely different thread.

Congrats Brent and Kelly!

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Thrashers logo and the Stanley Cup on the melon is the closest they will ever get to eachother.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I miss the guy already.

One of the memories that sticks out for me when the Hawks were skating around after game 6 was Kelly stradaling Brent while he was skating around. Was brilliant!!! lol.

They make a great pair.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am i the only one confused here? Was this a vow renewal?

The guy couldnt shut up about his wife's awesomeness his entire time with the team. I was under the impression he was already married.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="TSD"]Am i the only one confused here? Was this a vow renewal?

[/quote]

I was confused too. Funny thing is I thought he was gay after he took the cup to the Gay Pride parade this year - I figured there was a subliminal message with that move. But proven wrong as now he's married.

Edit: Changed the above to purple for rosiyaya's sake

bri

Liked Posts:
I think it is a renewal of their vows. He is a big family man and he and his wife host a Christmas Party every year for Military families. When they interviewed him about going to Atlanta he said his family was staying in Chicago because they all love it there.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

I was confused too. Funny thing is I thought he was gay after he took the cup to the Gay Pride parade this year - I figured there was a subliminal message with that move. But proven wrong as now he's married.[/quote]

What a solid leap of logic you did there, champ. You can be straight and still support the LGBT community, you know. He did it to honor Brendan Burke, the son of good friend and Leaf GM Brian Burke, who was gay and passed away earlier this year.

And isn't his name Brent?

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]

What a solid leap of logic you did there, champ. You can be straight and still support the LGBT community, you know. He did it to honor Brendan Burke, the son of good friend and Leaf GM Brian Burke, who was gay and passed away earlier this year.

And isn't his name Brent?[/quote]

Learn to take a joke - did it really require using purple? Spare us the history lesson - we are read the paper and know who he did it to honor (Burke's son). And yes his wife was with him at the parade too.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Learn to take a joke - did it really require using purple? Spare us the history lesson - we are read the paper and know who he did it to honor (Burke's son). And yes his wife was with him at the parade too.[/quote]

Maybe Rosh sees as a prerequisite to a "joke" that what is being said has to be funny.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="FlaHawkFan"]

Maybe Rosh sees as a prerequisite to a "joke" that what is being said has to be funny.[/quote]

I thought it was pretty good - I was laughing as I wrote it. Can't help it if some take everything so seriously.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

I thought it was pretty good - I was laughing as I wrote it. Can't help it if some take everything so seriously.[/quote]

I didn't take it seriously. I just thought it was kinda dumb.

As for Sopes . . . I'm glad he had such a great day. I hope that when his playing days are over he comes back to the Hawks to teach the young d-men how to block shots, or simply to play with heart, because the guy sure does play with a lot of heart. And I love the fact that he and his family see Chicago as their home. Good on Brent.