Brian Urlacher retires

Zoot Allures

Yoked like Shea
Liked Posts:
having only watched the bears since 2005 I now know what it feels like to see one of your favorite players leave the game. Good luck to him and thanks for making me a football fan.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Brian Urlacher would like to be remembered for his blocking

Brian Urlacher has a surprising choice for the greatest play of his career.

Moments after he made his retirement official, Urlacher appeared on the Dan Patrick Show and was asked to name the play he’d like to be remembered for. Urlacher didn’t choose a play when he made a key tackle, or had a sack, or intercepted a pass or forced a fumble. He chose a play on which he threw a couple of blocks.

“The play didn’t even really involve me,” Urlacher said. “In 2005 we were playing San Fran at Soldier Field, it was like 40 mile an hour wind, they kicked a field goal from 50 yards and missed. Nathan Vasher caught it eight yards deep in the end zone and brought it out, and I blocked one guy in front of him, then I kept running beside him and blocked another guy, I think it was just an effort play. That was one of my favorite plays.”

The video confirms that Urlacher did show great hustle on the play: He threw his first block inside the Bears’ own 20-yard line, then turned upfield alongside Vasher and even ran past Vahser to throw a block and clear the path toward the end zone.

Urlacher said he knew it was time to shut down his career because his body was telling him to shut it down, and he also said that while he was disappointed that his departure from the Bears played out the way it did this offseason, he has no hard feelings.

“I still have a ton of respect for the Bears,” Urlacher said. “It didn’t work out the way I wanted it to, but I played 13 years for one of the best franchises in NFL history. I’m very proud of that.”

Urlacher deserves to be proud of the way he played the game.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was nice of Url not to whip that punks ass. Brian has always been a class act.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fans criticize players in New York because they can't handle the media or the rabid fan base, they always say they should just brush it off them, but here in Chicago we got fans who think he should care more about what the media and fans think... either way lose lose. Urlacher actually could handle the media and fan base. He could care less what the fans or media think. That's actually a good thing, either way fans are going to hate if you don't suck up to them. He cared about his teammates and his coaches and teammates loved him. That's the kind of player I want on my team, is the guy who plays for his teammates and doesn't worry about what ESPN, the media, or the fans think. He had a great work ethic and played his ass off and that's what I care about.

As far as ppl showing clips of him getting juked by Brady, or and ran over by Bettis... what are you trying to say? That he's a scrub? cuz you're an idiot then. Urlacher was great and every great player has a bad play now and then. Living here in Baltimore I've seen several plays where Ray Lewis has got shown up or trucked... This is the NFL.

All you have to do is read the comments on this board to understand why he made those comments. And it's ppl like the posters on this board is why he said some of the things he said and I don't blame him. A bunch of sensitive chicks who feel Urlacher dumped them... "He doesn't care about what I think or my feelings..." boo fucking hoo

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
It's a sad day to see one of the All Time Great Players hang them up but I'm glad I didn't have to watch him play in another team's uniform.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hit em straight, Brian. Thanks for the memories. The AZ game where you broke out of hard assignments and took over will always be my favorite performance. Got to see what you could do without as many constraints.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember the night that is brother was trying to get in the bar and my brother made him call Brian to convince us to let him in.
Urlacher was awesome, am gonna miss him on the field.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're gonna have to elaborate on that story, guy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fans criticize players in New York because they can't handle the media or the rabid fan base, they always say they should just brush it off them, but here in Chicago we got fans who think he should care more about what the media and fans think... either way lose lose. Urlacher actually could handle the media and fan base. He could care less what the fans or media think. That's actually a good thing, either way fans are going to hate if you don't suck up to them. He cared about his teammates and his coaches and teammates loved him. That's the kind of player I want on my team, is the guy who plays for his teammates and doesn't worry about what ESPN, the media, or the fans think. He had a great work ethic and played his ass off and that's what I care about.

As far as ppl showing clips of him getting juked by Brady, or and ran over by Bettis... what are you trying to say? That he's a scrub? cuz you're an idiot then. Urlacher was great and every great player has a bad play now and then. Living here in Baltimore I've seen several plays where Ray Lewis has got shown up or trucked... This is the NFL.

All you have to do is read the comments on this board to understand why he made those comments. And it's ppl like the posters on this board is why he said some of the things he said and I don't blame him. A bunch of sensitive chicks who feel Urlacher dumped them... "He doesn't care about what I think or my feelings..." boo fucking hoo

Sorry if I don't want to blow him just cuz he plays on my team. Urlacher has been a dick for years. It's years of listening to him bitch and moan on interviews. It's a shame that some fans will accept any behavior simply because he plays for your team. How quickly we forget some of the great payers from the past and what they meant to the game both on and off the field.

As for him being a scrub...of course he's not. He was a very good player. Certainly not as good as most Bears fans think though. I seem to remember several articles over the years where he was voted one of the most overrated player in the game by his peers.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hit em straight, Brian. Thanks for the memories. The AZ game where you broke out of hard assignments and took over will always be my favorite performance. Got to see what you could do without as many constraints.

One of my favs as well, but I always thought the cover 2 was a perfect fit for him.

malcore

I have not said anything regarding Urlacher this offseason. Now that he has retired, I have to say that I was at the Seattle game last year and my first thought when he pulled up with the hammy was that I had just seen Urlacher play his last play. :(

After going to SF and seeing the Bears trounced, then a couple of weeks later going to Chicago and seeing the heartbreaking game against Seattle and Urlacher's end, I left Chicago about 10 days before I had originally planned.

Brian was a great Bear. Emotional but a class act to the end. I rarely do it, but I raise a glass to the man.

Cheers!

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry if I don't want to blow him just cuz he plays on my team. Urlacher has been a dick for years. It's years of listening to him bitch and moan on interviews. It's a shame that some fans will accept any behavior simply because he plays for your team. How quickly we forget some of the great payers from the past and what they meant to the game both on and off the field.

As for him being a scrub...of course he's not. He was a very good player. Certainly not as good as most Bears fans think though. I seem to remember several articles over the years where he was voted one of the most overrated player in the game by his peers.

It has nothing to do with the guy playing for my team. There's plenty of Bears players I've disliked. The dude wasn't a trouble maker and was a hard worker who loved his team. "Accept any behavior from him" as if he was some trouble maker with a bad attitude... that's nonsense and you know it. Your just butt hurt cuz he could give a damn what you think.

As for he's not as good as most Bears fans think he is? That's Special person he's the 2nd best linebacker of this generation behind Ray Lewis. He finished the Chicago Bears all time leader in Tackles (which is saying something with our great LB history)

compare Lewis and Urlachers stats
Tackles- Urlacher 1353 Lewis 2061
Sacks- Urlacher 41.5 Lewis 41.5
Interceptions- Urlacher 22 Lewis 31
Def TDs- Urlacher 3 Lewis 3
Forced Fumbles- Urlacher 12 Lewis 19
Pass Deflections- Urlacher 91 Lewis 117

Those stats are pretty comparable given Lewis played 4 more Seasons. Urlacher is just as good as everyone thought he was.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It has nothing to do with the guy playing for my team. There's plenty of Bears players I've disliked. The dude wasn't a trouble maker and was a hard worker who loved his team. "Accept any behavior from him" as if he was some trouble maker with a bad attitude... that's nonsense and you know it. Your just butt hurt cuz he could give a damn what you think.

As for he's not as good as most Bears fans think he is? That's Special person he's the 2nd best linebacker of this generation behind Ray Lewis. He finished the Chicago Bears all time leader in Tackles (which is saying something with our great LB history)

compare Lewis and Urlachers stats
Tackles- Urlacher 1353 Lewis 2061
Sacks- Urlacher 41.5 Lewis 41.5
Interceptions- Urlacher 22 Lewis 31
Def TDs- Urlacher 3 Lewis 3
Forced Fumbles- Urlacher 12 Lewis 19
Pass Deflections- Urlacher 91 Lewis 117

Those stats are pretty comparable given Lewis played 4 more Seasons. Urlacher is just as good as everyone thought he was.

RL 2 Championships
BU NONE

End of aurgument.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
So what?

Lach's the man! You'd suck his dick so hard his balls would come outta his dickhole for an interview so shut up!

Lol jk, don't ban me.

I understand my opinion is in the minority. It doesn't hurt my feelings that people don't agree. You can call me an assbag like the rest of the people here, I don't care lol.

I'm saying fuck him for being a jerk to (many peoples personal stories) and about fans. Of course they are going to boo when you give them a reason to boo you.

I still love him for his years of service and time on the team. I have his jersey and still will wear it. Just doesn't sit well with how he left coupled with past comments about fans.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

My favorite game of all time. Never seen a player other than a QB take over a game like that.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No man....what I am saying is context. The statement wasn't meant to be "I hate fans."

In the context of a question that fans are saying this, and media is saying that, and how do you feel. He defended himself and his coaches by saying he didn't care about what that group had to say.

A guy like him has a tight inner circle he has to listen to, if he let in every fan and media member you would go crazy with the ups and downs. He has shown countless times he appreciates Chicago and the fans.

Context man.

But thats not dramatic enough for the drama queens

Da Bears Oregon

Liked Posts:
I understand my opinion is in the minority. It doesn't hurt my feelings that people don't agree. You can call me an assbag like the rest of the people here, I don't care lol.

I'm saying fuck him for being a jerk to (many peoples personal stories) and about fans. Of course they are going to boo when you give them a reason to boo you.

I still love him for his years of service and time on the team. I have his jersey and still will wear it. Just doesn't sit well with how he left coupled with past comments about fans.

My thoughts are that Url will ultimately set things right at some point and everything will be forgiven.