Briggs brings on the blame for a big Bears breakdown

Liked Posts:
"Bears linebacker Lance Briggs says he’s the one who deserves the blame for the play. Briggs said that when he heard Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers changing the play at the line of scrimmage, Briggs decided to change the Bears’ defensive play call as well. Unfortunately, the Bears didn’t have the right personnel on the field for the change Briggs was trying to make."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rings-on-the-blame-for-a-big-bears-breakdown/

Maybe it would help if we had a defensive play caller that actually cared and paid attention. Can nobody else do it? Briggs already pretty much admitted he's phoning it in this year and not only is he not benched, he's still in charge of checks.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's the only linebacker that's always on the field isn't he? I guess we could go Safety. They say the D is pretty simple so Mundy should be able to do it. I kind of want Conte focused on his job.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's the only linebacker that's always on the field isn't he? I guess we could go Safety. They say the D is pretty simple so Mundy should be able to do it. I kind of want Conte concussed on his job.

FIFY

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So Briggs was responsible for all 6 TD passes? I highly doubt it.

Know how to read??? It said in the article that he screwed that play up.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Never seen a team fail to get the right check as much as this Bears team

the fuck is wrong with these guys? It's too loud? Every other team has to deal with loud environments too, thats no damn excuse

l

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I remember reading where Briggs saying he was having troubles paying attention watching film and stuff. Pretty bad that your signal caller isn't paying attention. That's just a recipe for disaster.

Makes me really miss Urlacher, even lost a step Urlacher.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never seen a team fail to get the right check as much as this Bears team

the fuck is wrong with these guys? It's too loud? Every other team has to deal with loud environments too, thats no damn excuse

l

No clear leader on the field. I think they are still doing the checks by committee. If someone sees something they make a check no matter who it is I think. I could be wrong but that's seem like what they said they were doing last year

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Briggs is the one making the checks but our Special person safeties constantly fail to hear it

either they have to do a better job listening or Briggs has to do a better job yelling

the fuck is this shit, seriously. Stop getting shit wrong already. I'm fed up. Bench somebody, punch somebody, I don't care. Stop making mistakes.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Do you think maybe someone who paid attention in practice may not make the same mistake?

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
publicly states he's zoned out at times...now this...and for sure no reprimand for it...because this coaching regime doesn't do that...accountability...whats that?

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, you would think after his zoning out coments and these hug f'k ups where he admit's he made the wrong check, that they would bench him for the next game, but of course not.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
“I shouldn’t have made the check,” Briggs said. “I saw something, tried to check out of it, and we don’t have a check out of that defense. So I put our defense in jeopardy on that play.”

LMAO gee Lance, maybe if you were actually paying attention during meetings and not zoning out watching the clock these types of mistakes could be avoided...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, that single play was what hurt the Bears in that game. I'm just glad 1 player is willing to take some accountability and not buy into the "it looked great in practice" nonsense.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Should have cut him before the season started and got a head start on Bostic to SAM linebacker.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Okay so Briggs was responsible for 7 points what about the other 48?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
So this means Tim Jennings knew there wasn't a safety too right? Or are you telling me he didn't know what play he was in either? This is a fucking mess

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So this means Tim Jennings knew there wasn't a safety too right? Or are you telling me he didn't know what play he was in either? This is a fucking mess

yeah Trent Dilfer I believe broke that play down at one point, and said he saw 4-5 different defensive players playing 3-4 different coverages. I can't remember specifics, but he said one safety was playing man, one was playing cover 1, a corner was playing cover 3, etc... Total failure.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay so Briggs was responsible for 7 points what about the other 48?

Well Mundy was responsible for failing to get over on Nelson's 40 yard TD. Cutler's was responsible for the 7 from his pick 6.

The remaining 34 points were collective defensive failures though, not anything you can really pin on any one guy.