Broncos or Panthers: Which defense would you take in Super Bowl 50?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'm going with Rivera. He brings ppl. from every where like his mentor Buddy Ryan use to do

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...which-defense-would-you-take-in-super-bowl-50

I think he's going to hold up well. I expect the Panthers to win convincingly.

ummmm.....wonder if Manning will go through what happened in SB 48 vs Seattle. I wonder if da Panthers "D" is better than that Seattle "D"

Carolina d.....Denver defense is overated

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I lean towards the Panthers D, but I'm openly biased because it's Rivera running a system that used to run in Chicago. Even though I know that Manning isn't what he was physically in 2006, there's still part of me that's very curious to see how he will fare vs. Riveras system now that he has all of it's parts healthy, where as in 2006 , Rivera didn't have the motor of his defensive scheme healthy & on the field with Tommie Harris. The interior DT's, are a must for the Tampa 2 Rivera runs to succeed, or the scheme is dead in the water. Aside from Dungy knowing the Bears defensive signals, I believe a big part of why the Bears defense was unsuccessful in 2006 was because they lacked, what was arguably the most important piece of the system they ran.

Ouch

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

A lot of people were on the panther train.
Cant blame them, they were outstanding.
However, with 2 crushing defenses I had to side with the fellow who would make less mistakes.

Newton is good, and is eventually going to be REALLY good... but i took his season with a grain of salt- games are much easier when you have a d like they do, a running game like they do, and getting tons of opportunities to hit wide open guys deep off of run fakes.

No fault to Newton, I just think he benefited like crazy from an amazing team around him. He wound up getting as frustrated as opposing QBs got against his d, and he made the same mistakes opposing QBs made. Live and learn.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Panthers would have just enough O to win and Denver wouldn't have much of any. I was right about the 2nd part but that D!:beer: If those fumbles bounce a different way the outcome could still have been different but no doubt that Denver deserved it.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone else pick up on Jim Nance keep repeating that Kubiak would be the first NFL HC to win a SB with the team he played for?

I guess he never heard of Mike Dikka?

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Well i said the Panthers Defense. Both defenses played good. The 2 turnovers for TD and that punt return was the difference. Guess they arent as overated as i thought.

Hopefully the Bears follow the same blue print.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk