Broncos release video of Bears trying to trade up to 9 *Video*

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I wonder how much of a factor the Aaron Rodgers news played into Denver passing up on Fields. I would tend to doubt that it did, but it's the only explanation that makes any semblance of sense as to why they'd pass up on somebody like Justin Fields when their current quarterbacks suck. CAR at least had Sam Darnold.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ultimately for Paton ( who I think the world of as a talent evaluator) I think passing on Fields will be a giant red check mark against. But I do love his draft day negotiator swag.

It's like the D. Watson situation allover again. Over analyzed to death. It's crazy to see so many smart people make the same mistakes.

I think they're confident about getting Rodgers maybe too confident. Reminds me of when they were rumored to Kirk Cousins before he signed with Vikings.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone leaked his epilepsy issue and that's what caused him to drop. They leaked it about 2 weeks before the draft and it made some teams nervous.

Fields had already disclosed this to the Bears and they were well prepared for it and weren't afraid of it which is why they made the move up to get him.
I'm sure everyone interested knew before the press leak. For instance, at the combine, participants sign waivers to allow release of their medical records to teams. You can expect high draft choice are going to be scrutinized in a similar fashion by teams with interest. If he didn't hide it from the Bear, he didn't hide it from other teams either. Whether it was the reason for the drop or not, we may never know.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Denver is silly for passing on Fields. So us Carolina.

Seriously? Those teams would rather have Teddy B, Drew Lock, Sam Darnold than Justin Fields, on a rookie deal....seriously? Even if those guys turn out average they will have to pay them.

Seems like a screw job to Fangio. He never had a chance. Carolina is just a joke..

fangio might not want to deal with a rookie qb unless they have to

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder how much of a factor the Aaron Rodgers news played into Denver passing up on Fields. I would tend to doubt that it did, but it's the only explanation that makes any semblance of sense as to why they'd pass up on somebody like Justin Fields when their current quarterbacks suck. CAR at least had Sam Darnold.

maybe, but it sounds like GB was shutting it down when teams called about a possible deal

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
fwiw the time he greeted a " Ryan" was on the cell phone vs the land line when he blew off the lesser offer. But who cares, we got Fields.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cool story, but Broncos didn't trade the 9 and the only round they traded back in was the 3rd sooooo....

Last edited:

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Remember when the resident village idiot anytime23 said Ryan Pace is desperate and will give up the farm to get a QB to save his job? Turns out of course he was wrong .... typical meatball

Remember when the resident village idiot anytime23 said McCaskeys won’t let Pace make any trades of future picks ? Wrong - typical meatball

Remember when the resident village idiot anytime23 said Bears were screwed because they won those games last year that will cost them the shot at a legit franchise QB ... Wrong - typical meatball

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
How did so many teams pass on Fields? We got so lucky. We deserve this for sticking with this offensive trainwreck for so long.
I think since the narrative of Ohio State QBs never faring well might be a big reason. I remember when Rodgers dropped to 25th, it was mostly know that it was cause the schools previous QBs had never worked out. My brother, big Packer fan, had the same worries that this guy would never be as good as Favre.

But why Broncos took no QB, I am just dumb founded if they think Lock and Bridgewater are the answer.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think they're confident about getting Rodgers maybe too confident. Reminds me of when they were rumored to Kirk Cousins before he signed with Vikings.It's not just them.
They must really think they're going to get Rodgers bc i have no idea how dumb youd have to be to be that team and pass on Fields
It's not just them. Decisions like Carolina made taking on a reclamation project when they could have had a clean slate and all that draft capital. I'm kinda in the minority amongst fans and think Darnold has a decent shot at turning the corner and being somebody in that offense. But even with that if both prospects were to hit thier respective max potential it's not really close. One is being talked about for probowl consideration and the other is being looked at for Canton. The Lions chosing Goff over Fields, come the fuck on. If I had Goff on my roster I'd still be looking to upgrade. We've seen how he folds in cold weather.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The Giants had a chance to upgrade Daniel Jones and left it on the table. That was puzzling.

Only a 2 year starter so maybe they figure there is upside left, but he finished as one of the worst starters in the league last year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The Giants had a chance to upgrade Daniel Jones and left it on the table. That was puzzling.

Only a 2 year starter so maybe they figure there is upside left, but he finished as one of the worst starters in the league last year.
Pace did the same with trubisky. We are lucky they moved on some teams stick with bums even longer than we do