Brought Mack in too early

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I will probably get flamed and roasted for this post, but I think last night proved my previous point that we signed a player like Mack much too early.

A player like Mack should be the final piece to a near Super Bowl team. By the time we have any type of upper-tier offense, Mack will no longer be in his prime and it will be too late. We are going to get the best out of Mack while this offense struggles and we remain mediocre.

We are going to see Mack shine and dominate this year, unfortunately it will be all for nothing as Mitch and this offense still try to figure things out - with no first round draft picks for the next two years.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Opposing teams are gonna watch the film on this one and see where to attack Trubisky. The Pack quickly adjusted to what Nagy was trying to do, and Nagy/Trubisky could not counter. That is not a good sign. The Packers' defense is below average, and the Bears could only muster 1 offensive TD only when they had the element of surprise going for them. After that, Trubisky was a deer in headlights. With all the weapons the Bears supposedly have on offense, there really is zero excuse to be that one dimensional on offense.

But I completely agree with your premise. Trading for Mack at this juncture at that cost was not a smart move. Mack is gonna be a beast, but he is gonna burn out quickly if the offense can't get it together. The next two drafts are basically non-factors in helping too. As good as Pace has been in the later rounds, those players still need time to develop which takes two years at the minimum. You're not gonna find day 1 starters in the 3rd round and beyond unless it's at RB with a high degree of certainty.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will probably get flamed and roasted for this post, but I think last night proved my previous point that we signed a player like Mack much too early.

A player like Mack should be the final piece to a near Super Bowl team. By the time we have any type of upper-tier offense, Mack will no longer be in his prime and it will be too late. We are going to get the best out of Mack while this offense struggles and we remain mediocre.

We are going to see Mack shine and dominate this year, unfortunately it will be all for nothing as Mitch and this offense still try to figure things out - with no first round draft picks for the next two years.

How much longer do you want Ryan Pace in rebuild mode? This is already year 4 for him, he needs to actually start winning games at some point in the near future. A 2020 1st round pick is completely irrelevant to him because he’ll be gone by then If the Bears dont turn it around.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
How much longer do you want Ryan Pace in rebuild mode? This is already year 4 for him, he needs to actually start winning games at some point in the near future. A 2020 1st round pick is completely irrelevant to him because he’ll be gone by then If the Bears dont turn it around.

Agree on the rebuild mode, all I’m saying is spending money on a guy like Mack isn’t the answer with our offense.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can only make a move like this when your QB is on rookie deal, i don't question this move and the will to finally win now, i question Trubs value

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Calm down. It's week one! Yes this one hurts, but Mack has been here a week, Roquan played very little, the offense is brand new and it's Trubisky's first year in the system with little game experience in it.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Agree on the rebuild mode, all I’m saying is spending money on a guy like Mack isn’t the answer with our offense.

I don’t think you’ve seen “our” offense yet. Trubisky is still trying to grasp it as well as Nagy. Prime time at Lambeau isn’t the ideal place to experiment. I’m more worried about the busted plays on defense. That shit should not happen.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Calm down. It's week one! Yes this one hurts, but Mack has been here a week, Roquan played very little, the offense is brand new and it's Trubisky's first year in the system with little game experience in it.

It’s embarrassing reading the crazy shit that is posted on this forum. The Bears should have won last night. It took an almost impossible effort from the greatest Bear killer of all time. Mitch is in his second season, in a new system and everything wasn’t perfect... Wow imagine that... Hey, I’m unhappy too but everything is amplified because it was against Green Bay. If Fuller makes that pick, all the other stuff is written off as growing pains. The Packers won but at what cost? Rodgers sure doesn’t have the look of someone that has a chance to finish the season. I’m curious about the severity of his injury and what they did to throw him back out there.

I’m upset but I refuse to turn my brain off. Maybe Mitch does suck and on and on but I would like to see more before I go full on hysterical.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I'm more worried that our coach lacks the balls or common sense on how to adjust during the game.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Yes, because a once-in-a-generation type of player is available every single day.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Yes, because a once-in-a-generation type of player is available every single day.

Not arguing that. Just saying I don’t think we will get full value considering our offense.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Stupid. We have Mack signed for the next 6 years. Most of our young guys under contract through 2021. This is Trubisky's first year starting as a QB. He's going to be rough around the edges. Going to have some ups and downs this year. If he still struggles next year, then it will be time to panic.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Stupid. We have Mack signed for the next 6 years. Most of our young guys under contract through 2021. This is Trubisky's first year starting as a QB. He's going to be rough around the edges. Going to have some ups and downs this year. If he still struggles next year, then it will be time to panic.

Not buying the 6 year thing. You’re crazy if you think he’s gonna be the same player 3-4 years down the road.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I know it’s a Mack thread but I’m really disappointed in Floyd’s performance.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not buying the 6 year thing. You’re crazy if you think he’s gonna be the same player 3-4 years down the road.

He will still be effective well into his 30s. Hell, Julius Peppers is still fucking playing and making a difference.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
He will still be effective well into his 30s. Hell, Julius Peppers is still fucking playing and making a difference.

I would love to believe this. Hope you are right. Just tired of everyone who called us a Super Bowl team the moment we signed Mack.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would love to believe this. Hope you are right. Just tired of everyone who called us a Super Bowl team the moment we signed Mack.

We did just go toe to toe with a legit SB contender in Lambeau and really should have won...

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

a player like Mack that is still in his prime almost NEVER becomes available. So how do you plan on getting a guy like Mack next year when the O is more up to speed? Your post is dumb..