Brought Mack in too early

Sammich

Liked Posts:
We did just go toe to toe with a legit SB contender in Lambeau and really should have won...

When Rodgers woke up the 2nd half they destroyed us. I don’t think the final score showed truly how we match up with GB.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Not buying the 6 year thing. You’re crazy if you think he’s gonna be the same player 3-4 years down the road.

Look at the careers of similar players to Mack. Peppers, Jared Allen, Lawrence Taylor. They all have 6 years or more with double digits sacks after their 4th year. Von Miller is on his way on this same path also.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I would have jumped off a bridge last night, but things need to be thought through. This is the first game with this new look team and there will be a feeling out process. We need to not forget what the expectations are of this team year 1. My expectations are to make the playoffs.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I would have jumped off a bridge last night, but things need to be thought through. This is the first game with this new look team and there will be a feeling out process. We need to not forget what the expectations are of this team year 1. My expectations are to make the playoffs.

That will definitely be ideal. What are your expectations for our divisional record? 2-4? 3-3? If we lose both to Vikings, split with Detroit and beat GB next time we would finish 2-4. Tough division. Anything from 1-5 to 3-3 is realistic.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I think we go 2-4 in the division beating Detroit twice, but can go 10-6 overall. Maybe 9-7.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I will probably get flamed and roasted for this post, but I think last night proved my previous point that we signed a player like Mack much too early.

A player like Mack should be the final piece to a near Super Bowl team. By the time we have any type of upper-tier offense, Mack will no longer be in his prime and it will be too late. We are going to get the best out of Mack while this offense struggles and we remain mediocre.

We are going to see Mack shine and dominate this year, unfortunately it will be all for nothing as Mitch and this offense still try to figure things out - with no first round draft picks for the next two years.

There Bears wouldn't have had a chance to bring in a guy lick Mack after this season. He is here for a while, so even if our window starts next year, he is still here for it.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I think we go 2-4 in the division beating Detroit twice, but can go 10-6 overall. Maybe 9-7.

Looking at our schedule I think it’s highly unlikely we can go 8-2 outside of our division. 6-4 seems possible.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not buying the 6 year thing. You’re crazy if you think he’s gonna be the same player 3-4 years down the road.

Then buy it. History has shown that Hall of Fame pass rushers are effective into their mid to late 30s. He is on course to the Hall of Fame.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Then buy it. History has shown that Hall of Fame pass rushers are effective into their mid to late 30s. He is on course to the Hall of Fame.

I hope you’re right!!!!

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I will probably get flamed and roasted for this post, but I think last night proved my previous point that we signed a player like Mack much too early.

A player like Mack should be the final piece to a near Super Bowl team. By the time we have any type of upper-tier offense, Mack will no longer be in his prime and it will be too late. We are going to get the best out of Mack while this offense struggles and we remain mediocre.

We are going to see Mack shine and dominate this year, unfortunately it will be all for nothing as Mitch and this offense still try to figure things out - with no first round draft picks for the next two years.

We all should not be afraid of being roasted for posting our thoughts. That is something about this board that I do not like!

I will not roast you for your view. I understand your point. My feeling is that 1st round draft picks are not a sure thing at all. We do very well when we pick 2nd or 3rd. My feeling is that Mack is a generational talent and hundreds of 1st round draft picks are made and they are not generational picks. I am glad we have Mack. Our coaches were out coached last night. Trubisky will improve dramatically as the year moves on. I think a better question might be why the Bears, in the past, have not considered the QB as the most important position on the team. Favre killed us and had Rogers in waiting for several years on the bench. We had to use a rookie (last year) cause we have no one better. Trubisky will be ok. The fact that we have not traditionally placed a high priority on QB is our real problem. I think Pace was masterful in getting Mack because players like him are extremely rare.