Brugler releases early 2025 NFL mock

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:

18. Chicago Bears: Deone Walker, DT, Kentucky​

Every time Walker rushes the passer, it feels like the field is tilted, which allows him to charge downhill and run through road blocks using his 6-6, 350-pound frame. Throw on the tape from the bowl game against Clemson and watch him work.

2025 is setting up to be a really nice class for DT and EDGE. Walker is 6-foot-6 and 348 pounds, and led all FBS interior defensive linemen in pressures (51) this past season. Sounds like he could be the next Dexter Lawrence. If Carolina finishes worst again, they could be looking at either getting another 1st round talent at #33 or trading back into the 1st and selecting an EDGE

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
6 d-line were drafted this year.

Brugler has 12 mocked for next year.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

2025 is setting up to be a really nice class for DT and EDGE. Walker is 6-foot-6 and 348 pounds, and led all FBS interior defensive linemen in pressures (51) this past season. Sounds like he could be the next Dexter Lawrence. If Carolina finishes worst again, they could be looking at either getting another 1st round talent at #33 or trading back into the 1st and selecting an EDGE
You mean the next Gervon Dexter?!

But that's a good thought. If things are really looking up for us this year and you identify an impact d-lineman as your missing piece, Poles could seriously think about packaging one or both 2nd rounders to move up high enough to get that guy.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
This accounts for a 2 win improvement over last year (9-8) if anyone was curious. Hopefully, a conservative assessment.

msadows

Liked Posts:

But that's a good thought. If things are really looking up for us this year and you identify an impact d-lineman as your missing piece, Poles could seriously think about packaging one or both 2nd rounders to move up high enough to get that guy.

By 2025 I doubt they will be looking for a 1st round DT, as Dexter will be beasting.

Gervon and Dexter Lawrence had basically the same impact as rookies, except one of them played 270 more snaps.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

I have a gut feeling that it will be a weak draft on DL. Just don't ask me to explain or expand on my gut feeling.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I have a feeling we'll be moving up to select an EDGE. Just a hunch.
Honestly, as long as whoever is on defense either (A) Puts Jordan Love on his ass or (B) intercepts Jordan Love's errant downfield throws, then I am happy with whatever happens.

But this year, I am hoping to average 24+ points per game.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I have a gut feeling that it will be a weak draft on DL. Just don't ask me to explain or expand on my gut feeling.
There is plenty of time for guys to rise or fall, but I have to disagree as this looks to be a pretty good class:

1. Carolina Panthers: Mykel Williams, DL, Georgia
3. New England Patriots: Mason Graham, DT, Michigan
7. Arizona Cardinals: Abdul Carter, Edge/LB, Penn State
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: James Pearce Jr., Edge, Tennessee
18. Chicago Bears: Deone Walker, DT, Kentucky
20. Atlanta Falcons: Nic Scourton, Edge, Texas A&M
21. Miami Dolphins: Shemar Turner, DT, Texas A&M
23. Green Bay Packers: Walter Nolen, DT, Ole Miss
26. Houston Texans: Dani Dennis-Sutton, Edge, Penn State
27. Cincinnati Bengals: JT Tuimoloau, Edge, Ohio State
28. Buffalo Bills: Patrick Payton, Edge, Florida State
30. Baltimore Ravens: Landon Jackson, Edge, Arkansas

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
There is plenty of time for guys to rise or fall, but I have to disagree as this looks to be a pretty good class:

1. Carolina Panthers: Mykel Williams, DL, Georgia
3. New England Patriots: Mason Graham, DT, Michigan
7. Arizona Cardinals: Abdul Carter, Edge/LB, Penn State
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: James Pearce Jr., Edge, Tennessee
18. Chicago Bears: Deone Walker, DT, Kentucky
20. Atlanta Falcons: Nic Scourton, Edge, Texas A&M
21. Miami Dolphins: Shemar Turner, DT, Texas A&M
23. Green Bay Packers: Walter Nolen, DT, Ole Miss
26. Houston Texans: Dani Dennis-Sutton, Edge, Penn State
27. Cincinnati Bengals: JT Tuimoloau, Edge, Ohio State
28. Buffalo Bills: Patrick Payton, Edge, Florida State
30. Baltimore Ravens: Landon Jackson, Edge, Arkansas
Before you take me too seriously, I was being a complete butt-munch on this one and you should read it as horribly sarcastic.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

With the way EDGE and DT have been paid, Bears might be wise to double dip with the 1st 2 picks, especially if they think they can get an upgrade over Dexter if he doesn’t take the next step
This has lined up nicely for Poles. He can hit the defense hard next year with premium picks.

I’d be happy with 2 d linemen and one o lineman with the first three picks if it aligns with their board.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

“9. New Orleans Saints: Travis Hunter, WR/CB, Colorado

Cornerback or wide receiver? Hunter is at his most dangerous with the ball in his hands, so there is a good chance we see him drafted for offense. He routinely turns short catches into long gains.

22. New York Jets: Shedeur Sanders, QB, Colorado​

Despite all the hype (including being the betting favorite to go No. 1 in 2025), Sanders wouldn’t be a lock first-rounder if the draft were held tomorrow. The talent is clear, but he must show consistency with his decision-making this fall if he is going to be a top-25 pick.”

Man, I hope Deion approves of these destinations.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

You do know that, if Carolina is the worst this year, pick 33 would be the Bears pick, right?

Ah, the 2023 trade down haul is the gift that keeps giving.