***Build-A-Team Discussion Thread***

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So Ares can pick now if he wanted, the clock part just doesn't start til tomorrow, right?

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
So Ares can pick now if he wanted, the clock part just doesn't start til tomorrow, right?

Nope. Draft doesn't start until tomorrow. After the draft starts, people can make their picks off the clock if they want.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm seeing a conflict within the rules as to how long one has to make their pick.

At one point you say draft is 'on the clock' from 9 AM EST to midnight EST. If you are on the clock, you can make your pick between midnight EST and 9 AM the next morning, EST, but the next person's clock does NOT start until 9 AM. Makes it seem like if I go 'on the clock' at 9 AM I have til midnight or even 9 AM the next morning to make my pick. But then there's another part in the rules that limits the time to just a few hours;
9) rounds 1-5: 4 hours to make your pick
rounds 6-15: 3 hours to make your pick
rounds 16-22: 2 hours to make your pick

Which is it? I don't want to get snake bitten in this snake draft.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
I'm seeing a conflict within the rules as to how long one has to make their pick.

At one point you say draft is 'on the clock' from 9 AM EST to midnight EST. If you are on the clock, you can make your pick between midnight EST and 9 AM the next morning, EST, but the next person's clock does NOT start until 9 AM. Makes it seem like if I go 'on the clock' at 9 AM I have til midnight or even 9 AM the next morning to make my pick. But then there's another part in the rules that limits the time to just a few hours;
9) rounds 1-5: 4 hours to make your pick
rounds 6-15: 3 hours to make your pick
rounds 16-22: 2 hours to make your pick

Which is it? I don't want to get snake bitten in this snake draft.

Rule #9 applies to when you're on the clock, meaning when it's your turn to pick, you have that amount of time to make your pick which would be 4 hours the 1st 5 rounds. If it happens to be your turn to pick when the clock goes off, which would be at 12 midnight, you have 9 hours + 4 hours when the clock comes back on to make your pick.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
can't wait to get this going, just have to decide if I want a 3-4 or 4-3 DEF

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
can't wait to get this going, just have to decide if I want a 3-4 or 4-3 DEF

remember on the offense the last position is a flex between either a fullback, #3 WR or #2 TE

QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
FLEX
OLINE

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rule #9 applies to when you're on the clock, meaning when it's your turn to pick, you have that amount of time to make your pick which would be 4 hours the 1st 5 rounds. If it happens to be your turn to pick when the clock goes off, which would be at 12 midnight, you have 9 hours + 4 hours when the clock comes back on to make your pick.
Ok, got it. What happens if someone breaks rule #8. Does the person 'on the clock' get extra time or just SOL?

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
Ok, got it. What happens if someone breaks rule #8. Does the person 'on the clock' get extra time or just SOL?

SOL, but Beardown and me will also be reminding people when it's their turn, in case the poster forgets to msg the next person in line. Everyone in the draft should be keeping an eye on how things are going regardless.

And to everyone else, make sure you pay attention to WHAT PLAYERS have been drafted. WE don't want clones of players on every team. If i see Jay Cutler on 10 teams, i will go apeshit :).. Don't forget to check the player database thread, if a players name is bolded then they have already been picked. You could also look at the PICKS thread to see what guys have already been chosen

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brett05, please clear your inbox. I tried messaging you but it's full it said. Thanks.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could you put who drafted that player too? Even abr would be cool :)

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This should be fun to see how different posters pick.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Aaron Rodgers is the consensus number 1 pick.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, let's make sure to keep our inbox and sent box clear so you can send and receive PM's no problem! Thanks all and good luck trying to put together a team that even deserves to be on the same field as my team!

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I am interested to see where and which offensive lineman are picked.