Building a Winner

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol wasn't talkin bout u mah lil blumpkin lover I wuz talkin bout all these guys you see here all the time endlessly bitching in every thread theres not enough serious discussions going on well I give them their chance and like always they stay silent until the thread derails then come in and bitch because theres no serious discussion going on

Lol. Dont give up hope yet brah. Spartan dropped in and laid a turd already.

#blumpkinforever

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Building a Winner

the whole organization has to buy in to and commit to winning. When this doesn't happen, player talent doesn't matter. When mediocre plater performance is accepted you will not win.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Building a Winner

the whole organization has to buy in to and commit to winning. When this doesn't happen, player talent doesn't matter. When mediocre plater performance is accepted you will not win.

I can agree with this but wouldn't this attitude start from the top? and in what order would you lay the most importance

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I can agree with this but wouldn't this attitude start from the top? and in what order would you lay the most importance

Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post

Building a Winner

#1 Believing and holding the organization, accountable to a philosophical standard that says you can AND will win a SB .

____

It all starts with a winning philosophy. A philosophy that says........ Mediocrity will not be tolerated. When PPL. don't do their job, they exit......swiftly

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Building a Winner

#1 Believing and holding the organization, accountable to a philosophical standard that says you can AND will win a SB .

____

It all starts with a winning philosophy. A philosophy that says........ Mediocrity will not be tolerated. When PPL. don't do their job, they exit......swiftly

No

Get ya a good GM, like that Schneider fella. Let him get you some fine talent and then hire a competent HC. Starts with the GM and I'd actually put the players over the coaching. Not to say coaching isn't important, just that having the talent is more important, certain key positions being even more important.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No

Get ya a good GM, like that Schneider fella. Let him get you some fine talent and then hire a competent HC. Starts with the GM and I'd actually put the players over the coaching. Not to say coaching isn't important, just that having the talent is more important, certain key positions being even more important.

N.E. doesn't have a team full of "talent". .....but the do have a commitment to winning and being a SB contender.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
____

Tolerating Mediocrity is why we don't have a winner here

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
N.E. doesn't have a team full of "talent". .....but the do have a commitment to winning and being a SB contender.

Not all coaches are Belichick and not all are willing to break as many rules. I can tell you they always have more talent than average fans think and they're more about defense than most think too. If you notice, they have a knack for getting the talent the need even if it's midseason. And whenever you see their defense slipping, it's only a matter of a a few games before they are righted again. They've lost a lot of their defensive talent this year so be interesting to see what happens next year cause it looks like all the other teams in that division are getting stronger while they get weaker.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to give NE their props, they make "game planning" look so simple. Find a weakness and explore such weakness over, over and over again until they adjust. Then they counter adjust, they are the best ever at doing that, IMO. I'm not sure who should get all that credit, but they are the best at it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to give NE their props, they make "game planning" look so simple. Find a weakness and explore such weakness over, over and over again until they adjust. Then they counter adjust, they are the best ever at doing that, IMO. I'm not sure who should get all that credit, but they are the best at it.

Failure to adjust has been commonplace with Bears head coaches. It gets aggravating.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Fangio will be the reason why this team may be more respectable this season in that it appeared to me that most of the trouble last year was players out of position to make a play. He should fix that and along with the fact that they appear to be putting much more money into the defense they should have much more talent at the cost of less offensive talent.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want everyone to know, GalePayton #calledit.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not all coaches are Belichick and not all are willing to break as many rules. I can tell you they always have more talent than average fans think and they're more about defense than most think too. If you notice, they have a knack for getting the talent the need even if it's midseason. And whenever you see their defense slipping, it's only a matter of a a few games before they are righted again. They've lost a lot of their defensive talent this year so be interesting to see what happens next year cause it looks like all the other teams in that division are getting stronger while they get weaker.

I hear everything you say. But everything you've said goes back to them having a goal of winning and having a commit to a certain standard ( unfortunately by any means necessary). Kraft wants to be the best.

You can tell the teams that are committed to excellence vs the ones who aren't.

I hate to sound like Ditka but he hits the 'nail on the head', when he says......
' you should get players who are proud to be a part of the Bears and hungry to play in the NFL' Mediocrity i.e. lack of effort, lack of passion, lack of on field performance can not be tolerated.

You want players who do their jobs, first, then take a look at 'talent'.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This is an outsiders view so it might a little different. Not saying better or worse,

Pace is doing things right. He's hired a coach that offsets some of his natural inexperience. People are pissed about the lack of movement in free agency, but with all the changes (coaches and systems) he honestly has no idea who fits and who doesn't. A good example is a position like NT. Everyone says you need a 330+ lb monster, when truth be tole Ratliff was a great 3-4 NT for a long time in Dallas and even Bennie Logan for the Eagles has been a great NT at 309.

Year 1 - fill immediately gaps and figure out what you got.
Year 2 - cut the players that don't fit and still fill holes.
Year 3 - act like Chip Kelly and be that kid in a candy store.

That's right fuckers, another thread ruined by the Chippa! Seriously though, that works. In year 3 Pace will be able to move past the current contracts and put his stamp on things. You are in year one, so lower the expectations on movement and figure out where your at. All CEOs have a 90 day plan. For the NFL it's a 365 day plan because you really can't see what you have until pads are on.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
All I know is, last season, by the time they played New England, I chose to go for a bike ride over watching the game. Didn't even record it. Knew what was going to happen, and was absolutely right.
Now, it's not a guantee that next season will be any better, but, it sure as hell will be a lot more interesting. Anyone on any of these boards could have told you that Trestman was an idiot and he and the rest of that staff had completely lost this team.
It's just going to be fun watching an actual NFL caliber coaching staff at work.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
I want this team built by the draft. I'm sick and tired of the FA of allot overpaid players. Nevertheless we still need it if some of the talent is there. I hate hate double hate GB but I do respect that they are not the big FA signers and have done well. Also like Steelers and Pats they just historically overuse the fa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want this team built by the draft. I'm sick and tired of the FA of allot overpaid players. Nevertheless we still need it if some of the talent is there. I hate hate double hate GB but I do respect that they are not the big FA signers and have done well. Also like Steelers and Pats they just historically overuse the fa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so your saying the gm is the most important?

dawags

Liked Posts:
All three are equally important plus QB unless you are Baltimore(Diller, Flacco). The year after Peyton was hurt Indy took Luck with the first pick in the draft. I'm curious to watch NE after Brady retires.