Bulls (1-0) @ Celtics (2-0) Game Thread

the_future420

Liked Posts:
Lets keep the party going. If we somehow beat 2 of the 5 best teams in the league in back-to-back nights, I'm gonna flip. I doubt we win this one as the Celtics always destroy us, but nobody thought we'd handle the Spurs the way we did.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
we beat the celtics magic and lakers. i'll be pretty excited.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
We need to come out and fight like cats, paws up!!!

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I think the Bulls get ripped tonight. Coming off the nice win and now playing a 2nd of a btb on the road against a team that they never come close to beating with KG in the lineup. As always, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm gonna throw some of the betting numbers up from the site I use just for fun.

Celtics -11.5 vs Bulls
Total points 187
Joakim Noah total points + rebounds 18.5
Luol Deng total points 16.5
Rajon Rondo total assists 8.5

I would take the Celtics -11.5, under on the point total, over on Noah, under on Deng and under on the Rondo assists.

sebastian

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
I think the Bulls get ripped tonight. Coming off the nice win and now playing a 2nd of a btb on the road against a team that they never come close to beating with KG in the lineup. As always, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm gonna throw some of the betting numbers up from the site I use just for fun.

Celtics -11.5 vs Bulls
Total points 187

I would take the Celtics -11.5, under on the point total, over on Noah, under on Deng and under on the Rondo assists.

Interestingly enough, I would take the Bulls, -11.5, over on the points, under on Noah, over on Lu, and over on Rondo B)

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow Noah hit that jumpshot again. :)

Kush77

Liked Posts:
sebastian wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

Celtics -11.5 vs Bulls
Total points 187

Interestingly enough, I would take the Bulls, -11.5, over on the points, under on Noah, over on Lu, and over on Rondo B)

You would get the Bulls +11.5. I don't think anyone would bet on the Bulls -11.5 against Boston. ha ha, that would be one hell of a cover.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Man, it's a 21 point game now. Salmons and Deng are brutal tonight.

rynyen

Liked Posts:
Maybe the bulls mgmnt should ask Deng to work on his ball-handling skills nd forget the post up game and the 3-pt shot

he can't find his way into the lane or work upto a mid-range jumpshot
Consequently, he is chucking up standstill jumpshots a foot inside the 3pt line

he has good length and a good shot , all he needs are some decent handles

RPK

Liked Posts:
This one was really ugly.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
It's going to be a long season if Salmons keeps shooting 20% ...

vhans5219

Liked Posts:
Just like last year on Halloween remember Celtics destroyed the Bulls real bad

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
As I said before, Celtics were going to destroy the Bulls. They've blown us out everytime since the KG trade, in the games that KG has played. If KG was there in the playoffs, we probably would have gotten swept.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Well at least Noah got another double-double and lead the team in scoring. :blink: You know you lost the game when Noah and Pargo are the leading scorers.

How many games before Kirk is in the starting lineup if Salmons keeps playing like this?

RPK

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
It's going to be a long season if Salmons keeps shooting 20% ...

Wonder if his groin is still bothering him. But maybe he's afraid to sit out considering it's a big contract year and all.

RPK

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
As I said before, Celtics were going to destroy the Bulls. They've blown us out everytime since the KG trade, in the games that KG has played. If KG was there in the playoffs, we probably would have gotten swept.

This brings up a question I have. Statistically, Noah had a good game. But he was the one guarding KG, and last night he was in charge of slowing down Tim Duncan. Both guys had solid nights. So that must mean our main problem at the other down low player in Tyrus?

Fred

Liked Posts:
The Bulls were 2-15 from the 3-point line. Salmons was 1-4 and Hinrich was 0-5. It's not hard to play defense when you only have to really play out to 18 feet. And it's easier to stop Derrick when you have 5 guys closer to the basket.

The Celtics, on the other hand, shot 12-24 from the 3-point line. This is surprising because Bill Wennington said on ESPN 1000 tonight that the Bulls were now a very good defensive team. (At the end of the first quarter.) It's all the more surprising since we're so much taller at the guard position.

We didn't have Salmons and Miller when we were blown out in Game 2 last year. The Celtics didn't have Garnett in the playoffs, but we didn't have our 2nd best player, according to management, the incredible Luol Deng.

This is an extremely disappointing loss.