Bulls Beat #118

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I love that the Bulls are working out Leo Lyons. He was easily the best player on that Missouri team. He would be a good pickup in the second round.

I don't think the Tyrus stuff is shocking at all. Paxson positioned himself to trade for Bosh, Amare, Boozer, West, etc. this summer. Tyrus naturally would be involved in a trade for one of those players.

I could see us doing something like #16 and $3 million to move up to take Blair. But imo, if we are packaging both picks, and maybe throwing Tyrus in there as well, we are trading up to take Hasheem Thabeet. Him or Jordan Hill.

It will be one of those two good big men that go after Blake Griffin imho, if we trade up.

I wish Cole Aldrich stayed in the draft, as he'd be a good fit here too.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
OnePointSeven wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:
OnePointSeven wrote:
NDave79 wrote:
Hey Doug,

Jonathan mentioned that the Bulls were going to be working out players that weren't going to be their at 16. Would you be able to find out specifically who he was referring to?

P.S.

Love the podcast; look forward to it every week.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-workouts.php?year=2009&sort=0&pid=0&tid=6
All those guys are 2nd rd picks.... He's talking about guys that won't be there at 16

It'll be updated as they are announced.
Its just something for everyone to reference during the draft season.

I completely understand that. I was just telling you the guy was asking Doug a specific question about Jonathan saying the Bulls were going to workout guys that won't be available at 16 and that we were looking to move up

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Not too surprising to me. I wonder one thing though, if JG was thinking we'd use Tyrus to move up or if he was talking in a seperate deal.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
My guess would be seperate. I wonder if were just moving up to give Raptors a better draft choice

Rose1

Liked Posts:
everybody on that list suck except my boy Jeremy Pargo. He plays like Baron Davis. Pargo easily would solidify the backup Point Guard position. You got to love the "Chitown Guards" as Stephen Bardo would say. I hope the Bulls go with him instead of someone else at 26th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmROHtATs_Y

HE WILL BE GREAT!

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
We don't really have playing time for two draft picks, so moving up is good from that perspective. If you aren't going to be able to play your picks you may as well trade them.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I disagree, these guys are capable. Well, Pargo is, not sure about them other guys.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Thats usually how you do it you bring guys you don't have any intention of drafting until with 3 weeks to go then you start bringing guys your interested in

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, Pargo MIGHT be a backup in this league if at all. Chances are he goes undrafted so there's no use in using 26 on him obviously like someone suggested. He's a 23 year old 4 year senior who averaged 10 and 5...there should be no Baron Davis being discussed with him at all. It's a nice highlight video and all but actually watching the Zags play shows off a lot of inconsistencies and negatives in his game.