bulls can coast for a while

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I have watched some games too, and Arenas is not a bad player...nor is he as bad as Lewis.

I agree Arenas is better than Lewis, it's clear the Wizards aren't doing it for talent, they'd doing it to take a year of salary off and clear space for Wall. The problem is I don't think Arenas really helps the Magic greatly over the other players they have/had to play SG, and losing Lewis at the PF could hurt them, even if he hadn't been playing great.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea the Wizards mostly did it for the salary. I am curious to see how the Suns and Magic play now with there new players. And Arenas really hasnt been that bad this year,he hasnt been great or anything but not bad.

sach1

Liked Posts:
they can't coast cuz they have Noah and maybe Taj in the sidelines.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
The Suns have to end up trading Nash at some point surely, as soon as they decided to let Amare go it was always going to come to this. They'll deny it for a while but if they're out of the playoffs at the deadline if they've got any sense it's time to blow it up. The fans will hate losing Nash but if they don't rebuild they're just going to dig a bigger hole.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Okay, so in your world, you are either an allstar...or a bad player...understood...

you're over simplifying my oversimplification. No, it's a combination of ' what your relevant talents are versus what does your team need', 'ability to play offense and defense', 'age', 'CONTRACT' and 'efficiency'.

if arenas was shooting circus shots the entire year, and was the focal point of the offense, i could believe that he wasn't a bad player.

If he had to exert countless engergy on offense, i could justify his defense.

If you're asking me if i think arenas, purely in terms of talent, is better than JJ, id probably say yes. But on the other hand, given his contract, age, abilities, and everything else, would you want arenas on 'x' team as the primary 2 guard? If you answer, 'no', it seems suspect.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Suns have to end up trading Nash at some point surely, as soon as they decided to let Amare go it was always going to come to this. They'll deny it for a while but if they're out of the playoffs at the deadline if they've got any sense it's time to blow it up. The fans will hate losing Nash but if they don't rebuild they're just going to dig a bigger hole.

If Nash goes to Orlando in a month...that makes all the other trades they've made good ones. And it could happen...Redick, a 1st and a 2nd...