Bulls Cap situation

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
They tried with Melo and look how that went

The bulls just didn't have the money. If they bulls where able to offer that 4 year max he would have taken it. He would have been crazy to leave the money knicks could have offered him on the table.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think in hindsight, it's probably a good idea that Melo didn't sign here.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The bulls just didn't have the money. If they bulls where able to offer that 4 year max he would have taken it. He would have been crazy to leave the money knicks could have offered him on the table.
Even if they did, the Knicks still could offer more and he took that deal. Melo followed the absolute financial security, and clearly stated he didn't care about getting a ring any time soon.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To get himself in a potential contending situation? I suppose it depends on where your priorities are. David West left 9 or 10 million on the table to go to the Spurs to try to win a title. Josh Smith took way less than he could have gotten to go to the Clippers.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bulls are just not in the market for the sexy names unless they are going to do a major overhaul. Even if they do that, they still wouldn't go for a guy like Durant because he'd want to go to a winner right away.

Most likely. If Rose never got hurt, I think the chances of him coming here go dramatically up. At one point he called Rose his favorite player in the league. Unfortunately, Rose got injured, is barely a shell of his old self, and the Bulls are a 2nd round playoff team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's time to go full Sixers. SURELY THEY WE CAN GET ANOTHER STAR!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
To get himself in a potential contending situation? I suppose it depends on where your priorities are. David West left 9 or 10 million on the table to go to the Spurs to try to win a title. Josh Smith took way less than he could have gotten to go to the Clippers.

Yep. I think Melo is also heavily influenced by his woman. So glad he didn't come here.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep. I think Melo is also heavily influenced by his woman. So glad he didn't come here.
At the end of the day, perhaps Melo was never the guy to put us over the top and we are better for not having to deal with that. Still, the Bulls did try to go for the big splash, and it's not the first time they've tried and struck out. The effort is definitely there, but the results are lacking. Whatever reason that is may remain unknown until GarPax leaves.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, perhaps Melo was never the guy to put us over the top and we are better for not having to deal with that. Still, the Bulls did try to go for the big splash, and it's not the first time they've tried and struck out. The effort is definitely there, but the results are lacking. Whatever reason that is may remain unknown until GarPax leaves.

Uggh....it's not Garpax guys. It's a couple of reasons. Mainly, acquiring superstar free agents is rare for 99% of teams in the league. Melo went with the money and NY was able to offer him way more than anybody else. Also, until Reinsdorf leaves, the Bulls are always going to be too much of a "button up" front office that doesn't appeal to the younger generation of superstars. Hell, you heard about all the shit with Reinsdorf going back to the Jordan days. It was so bad, Mike practically signed with the fucking Knicks because Jerry didn't want to pay him. He has a reputation in the league and changing the GM isn't going to make a difference. Reinsdorf is the head of the snake and as long as he's in charge, the young generation of stars will be hesitant to sign here.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i was watching some old Quite Frankly interviews on youtube the other day and one was with Kobe

Kobe actually told SAS that he was looking at houses in Chicago before LA traded Shaq

its just that the circumstances have never been right. whether we were rebuilding (Tmac, Grant) they resigned with their old team (Kobe, Melo) or they had prearranged plans (Bron, Wade, Bosh)

here is what im talking about @ 7:47

[video=youtube;KxusS_38NaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxusS_38NaU[/video]

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I believe we were considered a championship contender till the Kobe trade talks happened and ruined the psyche of the team.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I believe we were considered a championship contender till the Kobe trade talks happened and ruined the psyche of the team.

Who considered us a championship contender at that time?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol going into the 2007-08 season mainly thought the Bulls would take the next step, and they would be Eastern Conference contenders (no one had us winning anything)... The idea was that Deng would enter this 25 ppg/8 rpg type player that he was in the Miami series the year before.. Ben Gordon would keep on doing what he did and Kirk would continue his consistency... None of those things happened and yeah the Kobe shit was a distraction. All in all, I think they got tired of Skiles as well.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Skiles kind of lost the team. Kind of a similar thing that happened with Thibs. All those hard nosed coaches have a short life span with 1 team. The Van Gundy's, Skiles, Thibs etc.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls did have high expectations going into that year. they had just swept Miami and although they got their ass kicked by Detroit they gained experience and got another year older/wiser (still a fairly young team at the time)

they were pegging us as contenders

the Kobe stuff didn't help but also Ben Wallace who was a terrible influence on the team with his defiant attitude of "i'm the one with the ring"