Bulls.com Mike Dunleavy Injury Update

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Seen on NBA TV that he will be out 8-10 weeks. This is Snell's chance to take the starting small forward spot and maybe McDermott's chance to take the backup spot if Mike's back gives him problems all year.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I wonder if the bulls knew about this before resigning him.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I wonder if the bulls knew about this before resigning him.

They were afraid of losing him to another team because of his shooting but now he might not play much this coming season due this.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He still needed to do a physical and if the Bulls knew all along, then why didn't he do the surgery sooner?

Yeah, I don't think anyone completely knew. With certain spine issues, they creep up on you regardless of what you're doing. A lot of the time hernated discs in the lower back can fly under the radar because the symptoms aren't even in the back, but something like an aching leg. So then you have doctors looking at the leg and its swept away as inflammation.

With all the iffy BS the Bulls have pulled with medical shit, this is one that I'm willing to accept at face value until proven otherwise. Face value being that nobody was sure and it was not fully known by either party at the time of his signing.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
8-10 weeks puts us at December, so Snell/McDermott will have a solid month to work themselves into the rotation.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, it sucks about the injury but the development of Snell and McDermott are more important to the Bulls' future title chances than having veteran MDunJr. healthy to start the season.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Honestly, it sucks about the injury but the development of Snell and McDermott are more important to the Bulls' future title chances than having veteran MDunJr. healthy to start the season.

That's why I was against the signing of Mike.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This gives us 8-10 weeks to realize this signing was completely worthless and trade him for a second round pick after he successfully comes back, or package him with a salary like Gibson or Noah to a team looking for help after injuries.

I fully expect we have a SF on this roster who is better than Dunleavy anyway. I never understood the signing, except that no reason not to stockpile extra assets if we can when already over the cap.

Somebody will be shed, and maybe this speeds up the trade for Gay or Melo process. Either of those guys would make the Bulls highly intriguing and potential contenders.

More time for Snell/Mirotic/Portis/McDermott helps the front office to sort out this roster. Less time for Dunleavy and a late start preserves his old legs for playoffs if we do indeed keep him.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
This gives us 8-10 weeks to realize this signing was completely worthless and trade him for a second round pick after he successfully comes back, or package him with a salary like Gibson or Noah to a team looking for help after injuries.

I fully expect we have a SF on this roster who is better than Dunleavy anyway. I never understood the signing, except that no reason not to stockpile extra assets if we can when already over the cap.

Somebody will be shed, and maybe this speeds up the trade for Gay or Melo process. Either of those guys would make the Bulls highly intriguing and potential contenders.

More time for Snell/Mirotic/Portis/McDermott helps the front office to sort out this roster. Less time for Dunleavy and a late start preserves his old legs for playoffs if we do indeed keep him.

I will take Snell just for his defense alone over Dunleavy.

Snell and Butler could be one heck of a perimeter defensive tandem.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's why I was against the signing of Mike.

Signing him was fine at the time. The thing about having Thibs as a coach for the last five years is that we are accustomed to playing time automatically all going to the veterans. Hopefully Hoiberg won't have that same downfall.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Signing him was fine at the time. The thing about having Thibs as a coach for the last five years is that we are accustomed to playing time automatically all going to the veterans. Hopefully Hoiberg won't have that same downfall.

With everybody healthy what would be the best lineup the Bulls could put out there on the court?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With everybody healthy what would be the best lineup the Bulls could put out there on the court?

I think with many teams now you are seeing a versatility dependent on match ups. Best for what? All around basketball probably still rose, butler, dunleavy, gasol, Noah. Defend? Small ball? Scoring wings? Brooks, Captain Kirk, snell, mc bucket, mirotic all have roles depending on what mismatches you want to create or who is the issue you need to defend. Kirk for instance vs wade has always been epic,

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks