Bulls Front Office Rolling Eyes at Gordon

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon’s insistence that the Bulls never made him an offer before he took a $55 million deal from Detroit – that the Bulls no longer wanted him – was met with a roll of the eyes from his old franchise, league sources said.

Gordon turned down offers of $50 and $54 million over the past two years, and league sources familiar with the talks say Gordon’s agent, Raymond Brothers, told Chicago management on Wednesday that he had an offer from the Pistons. Only, Brothers wouldn’t tell the Bulls how much Detroit was willing to pay. Even so, the agent still wanted Chicago to “counter.”

For Chicago to make a blind bid – as the agent wanted them to do – would’ve been silly and the Bulls never did.

Would the Bulls have gone to 11 million a year for Gordon? Sources don’t think so. With Derrick Rose, Kirk Hinrich and John Salmons returning in the backcourt, with Luol Deng healthy again in summer workouts, it made little financial sense for Chicago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...ug=aw-freeagentbuzz070109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Now we can add eye rolling to the list of childish behavior by our front office.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
But you don't see the childish behavior from Ben and his agent over the last few years?

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
We cant kep crying over spilled Milk the fo has made there mistalkes in this BG saga but so has he and his agent..Bulls were smart imo not making a blind offer.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
He didn't seem to want to stay. The Bulls didn't see to want to pay him. Both sides got what they want. I'm ready to move on.

cranscape

Liked Posts:
So the Bulls didn't know what the numbers that night where but all of fandom did? We pretty much knew at the turn of the clock the estimated Piston's offer. The Bulls couldn't throw a number out there based on that? Weak excuse.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That is not a weak excuse, you don't know what the initial offer is, so you ask. How the heck are they supposed to assume when it comes to millions of dollars?

The games were played by Gordon and his agent. It is what it is.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
That is not a weak excuse, you don't know what the initial offer is, so you ask. How the heck are they supposed to assume when it comes to millions of dollars?

The games were played by Gordon and his agent. It is what it is.

No, the Bulls sat on their hands at 12:01 am on July 1st, while Ben was flying to Detroit to talk to Dumars. Bulls never seriously persued him.

cranscape

Liked Posts:
They could have easily offered what they did last year without any fear. SOMETHING to get the ball rolling. I am really tired of excuses. I just hope no more shenanigans come to light. I was just getting back to my normal agitated state.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Bottom line is that the Bulls never made a contract offer to Gordon.

A competent organization would have had a contract offer made to Gordon at 11:00 PM on June 30th. Then let Gordon go around talk to other teams, and decide to match or not if Gordon comes back with the offer from another team.

Brothers asked the Bulls if they had a contract offer for Gordon, and they ultimately said no. It doesn't matter if he tells him what the Pistons were offering. If the Bulls think Gordon is worth $10 million, then offer him $10 million. If you think he was worth $9 million, only offer him that. But the Bulls didn't make him an offer, and that's the bottomline.

AirP

Liked Posts:
No... the bottom line is... IF GORDON HAD WANTED TO STAY IN CHICAGO THEY WOULD HAVE TOLD CHICAGO THE DETROIT OFFER AND GAVE THEM THE CHANCE TO MATCH.

Chicago didn't go after Gordon at 12:01 because they wanted to see what the market was for him and based off that give him an offer to stay in Chicago, whether they met the Detroit offer or just offered what they thought would be the best offer they could do.

Sounds like Gordon wanted out and if so, that's his choice, he played by the rules, he took a HUGE chance of not getting injured and made up the money he lost by not taking the offer last year and settling for the qualifying offer.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
AirP wrote:
No... the bottom line is... IF GORDON HAD WANTED TO STAY IN CHICAGO THEY WOULD HAVE TOLD CHICAGO THE DETROIT OFFER AND GAVE THEM THE CHANCE TO MATCH.

Chicago didn't go after Gordon at 12:01 because they wanted to see what the market was for him and based off that give him an offer to stay in Chicago, whether they met the Detroit offer or just offered what they thought would be the best offer they could do.

Sounds like Gordon wanted out and if so, that's his choice, he played by the rules, he took a HUGE chance of not getting injured and made up the money he lost by not taking the offer last year and settling for the qualifying offer.

No, if Gordon wanted to leave so badly, Brothers would not have bothered to even call up the front office and tell them to make a blind offer. They still gave the Bulls a chance, even if they clearly were not interested.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Bottom line is that the Bulls never made a contract offer to Gordon.

A competent organization would have had a contract offer made to Gordon at 11:00 PM on June 30th. Then let Gordon go around talk to other teams, and decide to match or not if Gordon comes back with the offer from another team.

Brothers asked the Bulls if they had a contract offer for Gordon, and they ultimately said no. It doesn't matter if he tells him what the Pistons were offering. If the Bulls think Gordon is worth $10 million, then offer him $10 million. If you think he was worth $9 million, only offer him that. But the Bulls didn't make him an offer, and that's the bottomline.
Bulls made two offers actually ,back to back summers BG had the oppurtunity then to sign .It really dosent matter if we made him a offer or not im sure he knew the ballpark were in probally the same numbers as last summer.We werent giving him 11 mill anyway so regardless of anything he would have been a Piston as long as they were offering the best deal.

AirP

Liked Posts:
charity stripe wrote:
AirP wrote:

No, if Gordon wanted to leave so badly, Brothers would not have bothered to even call up the front office and tell them to make a blind offer. They still gave the Bulls a chance, even if they clearly were not interested.

Oh, they did? They could have been BLUFFING about the contract in the media.

Let me guess how it played out...
Gordon went to Detroit... he got an offer and his agent let him know what it was.
Gordon said go back and see what Chicago counter offers.
Brothers went and asked for a counter offer without giving them a number to counter, the Bulls probably said they can't offer a contract till they know what they're countering.
Brothers went back to Gordon and said they refused to offer a contract.
Gordon feels slighted by Chicago without possibly knowning his agent didn't give them an offer to counter.

IF GORDON AND HIS AGENT WANTED TO STAY IN CHICAGO HE WOULD HAVE GIVE THE BULLS EVERY CHANCE TO MATCH ANY OFFER HE GOT. IT'S THAT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Really, if he wanted to stay in Chicago he would have given them a chance to match. But like I said, ultimately it was up to Gordon, he played by the rules and it was his decision.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
so if BG figured something like this out, is it too late to rescind the piston's offer?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
BG has shown this orgization nothing but professionalism & respect over the years, & received none in return. Yes the Bulls made him offers but that was not this year. So what if Ray Brothers didn't tell them the exact offer. Remember BG even stated they don't have to match, he just wanted them to come close to the offer. They chose instead to do absolutely nothing after preaching all off-season about re-signing Ben was the top priority. BG did what he had to do which was get an offer. It was up to the Bulls to do something & they did nothing. I'm rolling my eyes so much as this situation I may go permanently blind.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
It's all moot right now, and I'll start by repeating that the Bulls clearly didn't want to pay Gordon, but how can you look at those facts and not see that Ben didn't want to sign here either? If he had any inkling of staying, he tells them what the Pistons deal is and gives them a chance to match, not playing around with secret envelopes.

And I do think Gordon has been a consummate professional while with the Bulls, but when it comes to these negotiations, both sides have done all sorts of dumb games and showy nonsense, dancing around each other without any real commitment to making something happen..

But anyway, both sides got what they wanted and it wasn't a deal with each other. I'm ready to move on.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
PJ Brown wrote:
He didn't seem to want to stay. The Bulls didn't see to want to pay him. Both sides got what they want. I'm ready to move on.

Indeed.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
BG's mouth aint no prayerbook as my family from Arkansas used to say.

Lets hear both sides, I think some of you will be surprised, you will still be pissed at management because, you have nothing better to do but you will hear both sides.

Gar Forman is supposed to speak about this July 8th, stay tuned.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
BG's mouth aint no prayerbook as my family from Arkansas used to say.

Lets hear both sides, I think some of you will be surprised, you will still be pissed at management because, you have nothing better to do but you will hear both sides.

Gar Forman is supposed to speak about this July 8th, stay tuned.

Who cares if Gordon said something bad about the Bulls. Who cares. Bottomline is that Gordon isn't a Bull. That lays completely on the Bulls front office, who had a chance to get him to a cheap, $9 million a year deal.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You know you have no ground to stand on with this argument so now you make stuff up? Who told you anything about 9mil? Did Gordon say that? Who told you that?