Bulls game thread???

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I gotta say. If they keep this up, Thibs should win the coach of the year award, hands down. Losing Rose. Losing Deng. 3rd best record in the East? Then think of next year......... If that last game didn't convince Melo to join this team, nothing will. Then add Mirotic and two other first rounders? I am really jazzed about what could happen.

The Bulls will only have 12-13 million in cap space assuming they amnesty Boozer this off season. That does not leave enough to sign Melo. The only way to get Melo then is a sign and trade deal. Those first rounders aren't going to be much given theyre going to be mid level picks. And those two picks alone actually lower our cap space.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is really great is to listen to these network announcers talking so positively about what the Bulls are doing. Van Gundy was gushing that entire game about how the Bulls work and their heart. You have to admire a team like that. Gibson has improved so much in the last two years it is amazing. He has developed a solid post game to go with his other assets. Noah should be considered one of the top three centers in the entire league. Just about every Bull on this team is playing better than they ever have. This doesn't happen ever in the NBA where virtually every team has a few slackers.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Interesting fact, the game today put Noah at 4 games this season in which he had double digit assists. Melo has only had 5 such games in his entire career.

I'm starting to really look forward to the playoffs and off season. With every ass kicking the Knicks take, we get that much closer to Melo.

The assists thing, Melo has never had a teammate that was a better option for him to pass the ball to. Jo always has at least 3 better shooters on the floor with him so their roles are completely different.

But I am of the opinion that the increasing number of losses by the Knicks can only work in the Bulls favor. Every player in free agency is going to look at where they can get the most money. Championships are great to look back on but it's a long list of retired players who don't have one but never have to worry about living anything but the life of luxury until they die. And they seem happy. On the radio they said something about his wife having a business in NY so that's a factor too.

Melo giving up money to come to the Bulls for a 'chance' at a title remains a long shot. To me all there is is hope that he thinks he wants that chance at a title rather than just rack up stats on a below average team in the Bid Apple. IF he did come to the Bulls he would probably have to find a way to be happy passing the ball in the offense and give up part of his scoring average. The Bulls offense works the ball around and looks for the open man to take the shot, Thibs isn't going to change that to get Melo the ball and see what he can do and you guys wait for him. If he was willing to fit into that offensive scheme they would have the scoring to at least match their defense. Melo and Rose would both draw the attention of the defense allowing Butler, Noah, Dunleavy etc. either clear paths to the basket or uncontested shots. It would be something to see.

Should Melo actually win at least one championship and stick around I think he would enjoy the appreciation of the Chicago fans for being part of another championship run.