Bulls have proposed a trade: Deng for some Center.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear it is Erick Dampier but I seen that trade rumor about 2-3 days ago and I don't know if that would actually free up more money though
It would, here's a great piece of info on Dampier's salary:
Erick Dampier is prepared to leave the Mavericks if he does not get a deal worth the full mid-level exemption, which will be around $6 million.
Dampier has a $13 million non-guaranteed contract, which could be a big trading chip for the Mavs. A team can trade for him and then immediately cut him, and his non-guaranteed salary wouldn't count on their books. And if the Mavs can't trade him, they're going to cut Dampier, and then hope to re-sign him at a discounted price. However, they are probably not looking to give Dampier MLE money, and may just let him go as an unrestricted free agent.
If he were traded to the Bulls and cut soon after for Deng, the Bulls would gain a lot of cap room

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
I hear it is Erick Dampier but I seen that trade rumor about 2-3 days ago and I don't know if that would actually free up more money though

Deng's contract: $11 million

Dampier's contract: $13 million

lol, not happening.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deng's contract: $11 million

Dampier's contract: $13 million

lol, not happening.
Dampier's contract is non-guaranteed. If he were traded the team that acquires him can cut him and he wouldn't count against their cap

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
wowwww usually it saves. i did dampier for johnson and deng.

sicko

Liked Posts:
It would, here's a great piece of info on Dampier's salary:

If he were traded to the Bulls and cut soon after for Deng, the Bulls would gain a lot of cap room

Oh OK! thanks for breaking that down because when I seen Dampier salary listed at $13 Million that trade didn't make sense to me but now it totally make sense

regoob2

Liked Posts:
Couldnt Deng just realize he hasnt lived up to his contract and take a pay cut. Do the right thing Deng.......

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
People in the media I've heard aren't even sure restructuring deals is allowed in the NBA

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nevermind, the Bulls tried this and were denied:
Jefferson is just one of a number of potential targets Dallas looked at in a broad attempt before the draft to improve a roster that couldn't prevent a first-round loss to San Antonio. Conversations with various teams -- which included turning down Chicago's offer of Luol Deng for Dampier's contract, as reported by ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard -- ultimately resulted in the Mavericks making only one significant draft-day move, when they sent $3 million to Memphis for the No. 25 pick and the right to draft University of South Florida guard Dominique Jones.
Dallas Mavericks' interested in Minnesota Timberwolves' Al Jefferson - ESPN Dallas

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
What other teams would be a good option for trading Deng for a "suitable" center?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I heard on ESPN they are hearing the trade rumor is Deng to Portland for 2 guys... I don't know their names one is a big guy but also would still save them money in the deal they say.

I hear Deng for Pryzbilla and Bayless.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joel Pryzbilla (solid center) and Jerryd Bayless (young talented PG/combo guard)

I would be STOKED if this happened!

Does anybody know what this would do cap-wise?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joel Pryzbilla (solid center) and Jerryd Bayless (young talented PG/combo guard)

I would be STOKED if this happened!

Does anybody know what this would do cap-wise?

Well Pryzbilla will make 7,405,300 and Bayless will make 2,292,600 next season while Deng will make 11,355,850. That saves around 2 million, that will make them really close but I think JJ will have to go.

Side note: This trade is only waiting permission of Trailblazers owner. Also the Bulls could ship JJ in the deal also.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Beastley Boulevard (beastleyBLVD) on Twitter

That's where the rumor came from...all I know.

According to HoopsHype:
Pryzbilla has one more year for $7,405,300
Bayless has one more year for $2,292,600, then a team option for $3,042,280, then a qualifying offer for $4,164,881.

Makes sense to do this, then backload contracts I guess.