Bulls inability to get the big fish

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Why is it that the bulls can never get a big name guy? The rockets acquired howard and harden trough free agency and trades. Lakers managed to get pau, howard, and chris paul(before nba rescinded it) through trades. The bulls have missed out on duncan, tmac, KG, kobe, pau, wade, bosh, lebron, joe johnson, melo, howard, harden all because they either can't convince a guy to come here during free agency or unload their assets in a trade. Our free agency prizes include ron mercer, eddie robinson, carlos boozer, kyle korver, ben wallace and a lot other crappy players. And fans then wonder why the bulls cant win championships.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...except for that time when they got a certain 7-foot NBA champion and Hall-of-Famer Spaniard... for a discount.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
From 1984-1998 we had arguably the biggest fish in the nba ever. Any free agent besides LeBron pails in comparison since then. Any LeBron was never coming here.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
From 1984-1998 we had arguably the biggest fish in the nba ever. Any free agent besides LeBron pails in comparison since then. Any LeBron was never coming here.

Yeah I am talking about the 17 years since then. We have won nothing.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
really its just bad luck and the situation not being right

-Duncan, Tmac: no star wanted to play in Jordan's shadow at that time and they had a bad stigma around them aswell...they were only like 2 years removed from the big fallout and they were terrible

-Kobe: said he wanted to come here but wouldn't accept the trade if Deng was included...probably was only using us for leverage to make LA make a move and do as they promised him

-Pau: could have been had but they didn't want to trade Deng for him...ironically we dump Deng for nothing only to sign Gasol 7 years later lol....that is a total Bulls move right there

-Bron, Wade, Bosh: pre-planned they'd join up in Miami....if things weren't set up years in advance we probably get one if not 2 of them that year...we had a great situation then...the best we've had when it came to FA

-Joe Johnson: wanted to come here...was even working out with Bulls players at berto and talked fondly about playing in Chicago with Derrick...probably would have happened but Atlanta got spooked and offered him a supermax

-Howard: we weren't on his "list" because he didn't want to play in the cold...im glad we didn't give up assets because we would have ended up like LA probably...besides Howard hasn't been the same since the back injury

-Melo: i think he wanted to come here but the money just wasn't right...he was leaving too much on the table and like Howard may have actually benefited us since Melo started having knee issues

also technically Ben Wallace was the big fish the year we got him

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Rose isn't helping the situation. He wants to be top dog with no competition and will alienate any potential top fa. He is alienating his own teammate

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
really its just bad luck and the situation not being right

-Duncan, Tmac: no star wanted to play in Jordan's shadow at that time and they had a bad stigma around them aswell...they were only like 2 years removed from the big fallout and they were terrible

-Kobe: said he wanted to come here but wouldn't accept the trade if Deng was included...probably was only using us for leverage to make LA make a move and do as they promised him

-Pau: could have been had but they didn't want to trade Deng for him...ironically we dump Deng for nothing only to sign Gasol 7 years later lol....that is a total Bulls move right there

-Bron, Wade, Bosh: pre-planned they'd join up in Miami....if things weren't set up years in advance we probably snag one if not 2 of them that year...we had a great situation then...the best we've had when it came to FA

-Joe Johnson: wanted to come here...was even working out with Bulls players at berto and talked fondly about playing in Chicago with Derrick...probably would have happened but Atlanta got spooked and offered him a supermax

-Howard: we weren't on his "list" because he didn't want to play in the cold...im glad we didn't give up assets because we would have ended up like LA probably...besides Howard hasn't been the same since the back injury

-Melo: i think he wanted to come here but the money just wasn't right...he was leaving too much on the table and like Howard may have actually benefited us since Melo started having knee issues

also technically Ben Wallace was the big fish the year we got him

This is pretty much it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. that signing sucked. We would have been better off staying with tyson chandler.
Yeah everyone knew that was going to happen at the time right? NO ONE THOUGHT BEN WALLACE WOULD PUSH US TO PERENNIAL ECF CONTENTION! Hindsight is nice eh?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Yeah everyone knew that was going to happen at the time right? NO ONE THOUGHT BEN WALLACE WOULD PUSH US TO PERENNIAL ECF CONTENTION! Hindsight is nice eh?

The pistons seemed to know. Hence they didn't try to retain him.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The pistons seemed to know. Hence they didn't try to retain him.
The Pistons did want to, but not for the price the Bulls offered. Ben Wallace was the best FA on that market that year, was defensive player of the year the previous season, and was widely thought to be back in Detroit without question. Its unfortunate that it did not work out for the Bulls, but they indeed got the big fish that year.

Free agency isn't a good argument...If you want to talk their inability to pull a blockbuster trade, we can go there. That has been lacking the entire time. Many times I feel like its out of the Bulls hands, but many other times they're just too in love with the players they drafted.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
They offered him a 4 year 48M deal which and were outbid by our 4 year 60M deal

Yep. They intentionally gave him a low offer knowing that some team would overpay. That way they can say they tried. They made no serious attempt to retain him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep. They intentionally gave him a low offer knowing that some team would overpay. That way they can say they tried. They made no serious attempt to retain him.
He would've been the highest paid player on that Pistons roster. What low ball offer.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The Pistons did want to, but not for the price the Bulls offered. Ben Wallace was the best FA on that market that year, was defensive player of the year the previous season, and was widely thought to be back in Detroit without question. Its unfortunate that it did not work out for the Bulls, but they indeed got the big fish that year.

Free agency isn't a good argument...If you want to talk their inability to pull a blockbuster trade, we can go there. That has been lacking the entire time. Many times I feel like its out of the Bulls hands, but many other times they're just too in love with the players they drafted.

They have failed on both fronts. I can't understand how anyone can dismiss their ineptitude in free agency. This team has had chances to acquire franchising changing players and has failed every time. This isn't the memphis grizzlies. This is chicago. I would think you can convince at least one guy to come here and play for a big market.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
He would've been the highest paid player on that Pistons roster. What low ball offer.
Doesn't matter. Fact remains no one thought he was a franchise changing player when they acquired him. I think it was equivalent to getting boozer. Good player but not enough. There have been those but the bulls always struck out.