Bulls offering Mirotic, McDermott and Gibson

czman

Liked Posts:
I don't think Love will be traded before Dec. I think the Timberwolves will hold onto Love to sell tickets and then dump him after the new year. I don't see a reason to trade him early. Anyone who takes Love is going to want to have some backdoor guarantee for a new contract. I don't think he will lose value after the season starts.

sicko

Liked Posts:
I would do that with no hesitation if Minnesota is willing. Noah, Love with Gasol rotating would be unstoppable.

Lose some depth but you upgrade in Quality over Quantity! Only concern about Love is that up to now he STILL doesn't have Playoff Experience. I think he will end up in Cleveland though, Wiggins Potential would be hard for the T'Wolves to pass on

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My first question is .... does Love have a no trade clause in his contract?

Then, my following questions are... what's stopping Rose from re doing his deal to help his friend come to the Bulls? How come the Bulls are $10 mil under the Luxury tax but can only sign a min contract? Why are we seeing the same teams in the finals every year? I don't know about you, but I don't wanna see the Cavs against the Spurs for the next 4 years.

You can't restructure contracts, and luxury tax isn't what impedes signings, it's the salary cap. If the Bulls are 10 mil below the Luxury tax, they're above the salary cap.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
December? How do you figure? All these pieces just signed with their teams and can be traded after 30 days. Why would a team wait until the season starts, only to make the trade well before the trade deadline? That makes no sense to me.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
So, if Minnesota leaks this to Sheridan, is he obligated to report it? Also, if the Bulls are so tight lipped, how can he really confirm this? Consider this while bearing in mind that Minnesota has all the incentive in the world to float erroneous rumors to people who feel obligated to report it.

Maybe the Bulls wanted it leaked, like I said before?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
He likely can't be traded until December., which is yet another reason why this rumor is questionable.

Nikola can be traded in 30 days just like Wiggins

Liked Posts:
December? How do you figure? All these pieces just signed with their teams and can be traded after 30 days. Why would a team wait until the season starts, only to make the trade well before the trade deadline? That makes no sense to me.

Someone was saying it's different for veteran free agents. And since Mirotic isn't on a rookie contract, he seems to fall under this.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
You can't restructure contracts, and luxury tax isn't what impedes signings, it's the salary cap. If the Bulls are 10 mil below the Luxury tax, they're above the salary cap.

I'm pretty you missed my point ....

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Someone was saying it's different for veteran free agents. And since Mirotic isn't on a rookie contract, he seems to fall under this.

Not what I heard. Besides, you could trade a vet right away, no?

Liked Posts:
Btw, someone said these rumors were legitimate. This is in lockstep with what the sun times reporter said who was citing a source with the Timberwolves:

. The pieces of each report vary, though, so the full extent of the offer still seems unclear. The Bulls offered forwards Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott for Love, Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops reported Wednesday morning. Chicago Sun-Times beat writer Joe Cowley confirmed that Gibson and McDermott were a part of the offer but added “the source could not confirm that” Mirotic was in the deal. However, there would be other assets for the Bulls to include in that situation, Cowley wrote.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/07/23/report-bulls-offer-gibson-mcdermott-mirotic-for-love/

Btw, if you actually go to the sun times article, he's citing a source with the T'wolves. Here it's omitted. It's kind of a noteworthy detail and borderline shameful that this is omitted.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
He likely can't be traded until December., which is yet another reason why this rumor is questionable.

It's 29 days, not until December, as multiple outlets have reported already. The rules state that rookies can not be traded until 30 days after they sign their contract. If Mirotic was signing a FA deal, THEN it would be December, but he's a rookie signing his rookie contract therefore it's 29 days from now.

Liked Posts:
It's 29 days, not until December, as multiple outlets have reported already. The rules state that rookies can not be traded until 30 days after they sign their contract. If Mirotic was signing a FA deal, THEN it would be December, but he's a rookie signing his rookie contract therefore it's 29 days from now.

Are you absolutely certain about this? What's being reported is 2nd hand and hardly thorough.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
He's not on a rookie contract.

hes still considered a draft pick

espn trade machine says august 17th is when he can be traded

czman

Liked Posts:
He is not on a rookie contract but a draft pick signed with cap space is still held to the same rules as a player who is on a rookie scale contract.

HE will be eligible 30 days after he signed his deal. I am not sure when he actually signed his deal and that was passed to the league office.

I still think Love is not getting traded till right around the new year.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Very good points. Why wouldn't the Wolves wait and see what Wiggens, McBuckets and Mirotec look like before deciding which team is giving them the best deal. Gives them a chance to preview what they might get from all suitors

I still think GS is still in the picture as well

If GS was willing to part with Thompson, Love would be in GS already and that speaks A LOT to why they would consider the Bulls offer better than the Cavs. Most fans aren't thinking like a coach or GM in this situation. I don't think it's appealing to Saunders to go through a 4-5 year rebuild as a coach/president and roll the dice on 2 unproven #1 picks. Bennett was terrible last year and wasn't all that great in summer league. Wiggins struggled during summer league as well. Contrast that with the Bulls offer of Gibson (2nd in 6th man voting last year), Mirotic (Best young player in Europe the last 3 years), & McDermott (College Player of the Year who tore up the summer league). Or the Warriors offer of David Lee (solid 18-10 player), Barnes (up and coming talented player), & Thompson (one of the deadliest shooters in the NBA right now). Both of those offers, if I am thinking like a GM, are more appealing to me than what the Cavs have on the table.

Liked Posts:
He is not on a rookie contract but a draft pick signed with cap space is still held to the same rules as a player who is on a rookie scale contract.

HE will be eligible 30 days after he signed his deal. I am not sure when he actually signed his deal and that was passed to the league office.

I still think Love is not getting traded till right around the new year.

Fair enough. That's pretty stupid considering many of these foreign players make a greater sacrifice than the domestic free agents including paying money out of pocket.

Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bulls wanted it leaked, like I said before?

Or maybe all teams leak information, including the Bulls, so it's almost a courtesy to stay mum. Plus it's Pandora's box to squash all erroneous reports.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's only because he was recently picked #1. When all is said and done, Embiid will be the best player to come out of this draft. The Cavs got scared because of his injury so they went with their second option, which was Wiggins. He will likely be a perennial all-star, and has superstar caliber talent, but it's his motivation and drive that's a big question mark. He completely disappeared in a bunch of games for Kansas last year. All Wiggins is is potential right now.

That's not to say McDermott or Mirotic aren't just potential too, but they have shown more than Wiggins has at this point. McD was the College Player of the Year and Mirotic has played professional ball at a high level for almost 7 years now. We all know what Taj brings to the table and would provide a great defensive compliment inside with Pekovic. Let's also not forget that the Wolves will be trying to keep Rubio around, and he knows Mirotic from their time in the Spanish League together.

Or he could continue to have injury problems the rest of his career. Let's hold off on that. There's a reason why he dropped. Players like that are dangerous.