In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Why must you include Hinrich at all? He was coming back regardless of who we got.

The article added Kirk as part of Plan B along with Aaron Brooks, not me. I'm sure you are right and Kirk is a Bull for life.

SP33

Liked Posts:
It was in response to the general consensus that the Bulls are still where they've been and where there going. The topic is about upside and continuety, adding to that is my general outlook, that we have some legit offense in the making. Regardless, of having realistic expectations, or child like dreams. That's basketball. People get so fair weather with sports these days, what happens if the Bulls start off the season 20-0, these bandwagon riders would be sprinting to grab a spot. I'd much rather keep it 100 with my team, always.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Plan A = Melo
Plan B = Gasol and Hinrich.

Is that a joke? No way in hell is plan B better. Mirotic coming over still could have happened with Plan A so adding him to Plan B is just an attempt to make it sound better. Its over now so let's move on, but I don't need dumb articles to try and rationalize it or pretend that we are better off with Plan B.

If we couldn't afford Melo by himself, what makes you think they could afford Niko too? Melo would have taken all the Bulls money, and realistically maybe some players in a sign and trade. The way I see it is this, and one could argue it's better, imo. However, I'm so done with the Melodrama I can't wait to kick his ass!

Plan A - Melo, maybe no Taj

Plan B - Gasol, Mirotic, McDermott, Brooks, Bairstow, + the entire core

Melo's great, but it isn't a bad Plan B at all!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we couldn't afford Melo by himself, what makes you think they could afford Niko too? Melo would have taken all the Bulls money, and realistically maybe some players in a sign and trade. The way I see it is this, and one could argue it's better, imo. However, I'm so done with the Melodrama I can't wait to kick his ass!

It's not bad for depth, but it is bad for secondary shot creator/star thing that everyone wants. This is why people feel like nothing's changed.

SP33

Liked Posts:
i think he has....cant possibly see him getting much better...hes already allot better than ppl thought he would be

Ridiculous cop out. Noah has been steadily improving throughout his entire 8 year career. Up till this point nothing tells me his prime doesn't have another level.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
It's not bad for depth, but it is bad for secondary shot creator/star thing that everyone wants. This is why people feel like nothing's changed.

Understood, but I'm of the believe that this 2nd creator debate is over rated here. Time grows near, however, and I guess we're gonna find out soon.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Plan A = Melo
Plan B = Gasol, Nikola

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Plan A = Melo
Plan B = Gasol, Nikola
This is more accurate, but I suppose there is an argument that we could've gotten Melo and Mirotic through some sort of crazy scheme. I think at one point in the offseason there was a scenario that had us somehow getting Afflalo, Melo, and Mirotic. Pretty sure that was dismissed quickly, but I suppose it was theoretically possible.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i think he has....cant possibly see him getting much better...hes already allot better than ppl thought he would be

Ridiculous cop out. Noah has been steadily improving throughout his entire 8 year career. Up till this point nothing tells me his prime doesn't have another level.

well hes 29 years old also

next step would be him becoming a threat in the post or some kind of threat offensively and i dont see that happening

i think what we saw last year from Noah was peak Noah

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Understood, but I'm of the believe that this 2nd creator debate is over rated here. Time grows near, however, and I guess we're gonna find out soon.
I would agree if we didn't have to go through a team with 3 stars to our 1. I don't fault the Bulls for having gone to plan B (arguably C if you count gunning for Love), but it would definitely be nice to at least have someone like Jamal Crawford who can do a lot of ball handling/shot creating.

SP33

Liked Posts:
Yes the "big fish in the small pond". How clever. Give yourself two pats on the back for squeezing that line in there.

McDermott is going to light other benches up. His high scoring has been following him quite consistently. Bench level defenders are going to have their handsfull with him. He is the real deal folks.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

1. Mirotic and Bairstow are draft picks and fit with either plan.
2. Pau (7.1M), Nikola (5.3M), MDJ (3.3M), Kirk (2.7M), Brooks (1M) = $19M dollars for Melo plus a sign and trade of Snell would give him $21M to pretty much match what the Knicks gave. So the Bulls had enough for Melo without losing Taj.

If they wanted Mirotic with Melo, then yes Taj would have to go but they would have had an extra 3 million to sign a defensive replacement for him.

Plan A = Rose, Butler, Melo, Gibson, Noah with McDermott and Bairstow still on the team and the option to swap Gibson for Mirotic. Plus they could still go over the cap to sign bench players.

Plan B = Gasol, Brooks, Hinrich, and Dunleavy Jr.

Plan A wins easily.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2. Pau (7.1M), Nikola (5.3M), MDJ (3.3M), Kirk (2.7M), Brooks (1M) = $19M dollars for Melo plus a sign and trade of Snell would give him $21M to pretty much match what the Knicks gave. So the Bulls had enough for Melo without losing Taj.
I could be wrong, but I believe exceptions were used to sign some of those guys. I don't recall an easy trade scenario not involving Boozer that allowed Taj to stay and pay Melo 21M...pretty sure that wasn't possible or we would've jumped all over that.

czman

Liked Posts:
Plan A was never a real plan.

Melo was never going to take the paycut, as we saw.

The Bulls were not going to have the money to sign him as a FA.

The Knicks were not going to do a sign and trade.

Melo had no leverage because no one, especially the Knicks, thought he would take the paycut.

Everything that happened was a show. In hindsight we can look back and see that. I honestly thought it was crazy to think Melo would take less than 18 mil for his first year. In reality he was not willing to take any paycut this year. All he did was not take one raise. Everything else was Max.

The Bulls could not give the 5th year, even in a sign and trade. Melo took the money. We should just admit that plan A was actually Gasol, since Melo to the Bulls was nothing more than attention whore pandering to everyone he could for more limelight.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The article added Kirk as part of Plan B along with Aaron Brooks, not me. I'm sure you are right and Kirk is a Bull for life.

Hip Hip Hooray! Hooray Hip Hip. So deserving............So inspiring. So much bullshit!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McBuckets is no Michael Jordan. He is not a Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Big O, Jerry West, Moses Malone, Lew Alcindor, Lebron James, Hakeem, et al. He was the 10th pick in an NBA draft. He is going to be a limited player like it or not. He may make an all-star team or two but he is not going to be any kind of a star. He just does not have that kind of talent. He is MAYBE going to eventually be as good as Deng or Kukoc and that is a pretty high plateau for the guy.

This rationalization that somehow this team is going to be a favorite in the NBA is pretty far fetched. They will be good but not a championship bunch as they stand now.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I would agree if we didn't have to go through a team with 3 stars to our 1. I don't fault the Bulls for having gone to plan B (arguably C if you count gunning for Love), but it would definitely be nice to at least have someone like Jamal Crawford who can do a lot of ball handling/shot creating.

Well, I could debate the heck outa this as ya'll know, but at this point, we just need to see some teams play, imo.....

Melo isn't really known for his D as we know. He can shoot the ball great, give 25-30/ game, but most of all, hit a big shot at the end of the game, right?

For me, I always questioned his last second shot ability. I never put him in the clutch club like some other guys. That was always my concern with him. For me, when I see him stay in NY and not force a S&T, and maybe do a 2 yr contract, I question his desire to win. But hey, that's my opinion before the trolls .....

The question really is..... will the Bulls be able to manufacture shots at crunch time? The Bulls have proved everything else, imo. But can they score at the end of games? Right? I believe they will, but we shall see. :dunno:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Yes the "big fish in the small pond". How clever. Give yourself two pats on the back for squeezing that line in there.

McDermott is going to light other benches up. His high scoring has been following him quite consistently. Bench level defenders are going to have their handsfull with him. He is the real deal folks.

I like your enthusiasm, even if a little over the top. I have this gut feeling that we might be looking at something special with Dougie. If Thib's can get him to fit in the system on both ends of the floor, I've seen enough of his shot already, imo. His shot is not only great, but it's ultra quick. Dan Marino quick!

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

If they wanted Mirotic with Melo, then yes Taj would have to go but they would have had an extra 3 million to sign a defensive replacement for him.

Plan A = Rose, Butler, Melo, Gibson, Noah with McDermott and Bairstow still on the team and the option to swap Gibson for Mirotic. Plus they could still go over the cap to sign bench players.

Plan B = Gasol, Brooks, Hinrich, and Dunleavy Jr.

Plan A wins easily.

While I respect your rebuttal, I don't agree with it. I think Niko coming over (with no warning) kinda surprised the Bulls. If we did sign Melo somehow, I'm not sure what we would have done to sign Niko? I think it's gonna be an unexplained mystery.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jimmy Butler- Scottie Pippen