Bulls Record With Hinrich, With Deng, Without Deng

Fred

Liked Posts:
Some interesting facts I've discovered in doing research for an upcoming article:

1. The Bulls record in games Hinrich played in before Salmons and Miller started playing for the team:
12-12. (Salmons and Miller's first game was on 2.22.09)

2. The Bulls record in the games that Deng, Salmons, and Miller played: 2-3
(Deng's last game with the Bulls was on 2.28.09)

3. Bulls record in games this year in which Luol Deng has played: 23-26

4. Bulls record in games since Deng has been out: 13-7

5. In 49 games this season, Deng averaged 14.1 points per game. According to my back of the napkin math, Gordon scored more than Deng's average in 84% of the games he played. (67 games).

6. What would the Bulls record be without Ben Gordon?

This organization will regret pulling that contract off the table.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Probably 80-0, his poor defense was instrumental in the 40 losses. That may be harsh, probably 75-5. Vinny still would have blown at least 5 games even if we were relieved of Gordon.

Fred

Liked Posts:
I was thinking 73-7....you have to admit his 4 pointers helped us beat the Clippers and Detroit at home.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
With Hinrich without Salmons/Miller:
12-12

Without Hinrich and without Salmons/Miller
13-18

I think if you just want to look at win totals, and I don't think you should, then it would be pretty strong evidence that Hinrich has made a tremendously large difference in whether we win or lose games this year.

Actually, I believe that statement though, I do think Hinrich has helped us a lot this year and been a difference maker.

Deng clearly has not been. He's been awful this year.

Gordon is also clearly a difference maker, because he's played the whole time, we can only speculate on what the record would be if we had lost Gordon instead of Hinrich, but I think it probably would have been fairly similar. I think Gordon has helped more than Hinrich, but I don't think it would have been a ton different.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Re:Bulls Record With Hinrich, With Deng, Without D

dougthonus wrote:
Probably 80-0, his poor defense was instrumental in the 40 losses. That may be harsh, probably 75-5. Vinny still would have blown at least 5 games even if we were relieved of Gordon.

I thought we play 82 games and playoffs.

Anyways, I think if BG leaves, Bulls will definitely miss him. He scores in spurts and can break the game open with his big time scoring.

Teams have to zero in on him and have to know where he is at all times as they all are super afraid that if he gets hot, he can single handedly win the games for Bulls.

The only way I am okay for Losing BG is if we get Amare or Bosh and Rose takes that next great step (sorta like how Wade/CP3/Lebron etc took).

But then again, if those things happen AND if we have BG still with the Bulls, we will be BIG TIME contenders. We will be 2nd best team in the East.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

I'm a moron. At least I dragged Fred down with me in my stupidity when he predicted 73-7.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:

I'm a moron.

Since you said it first are we allowed to call you one now :laugh:

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Side note,

The Bulls were 4-6 without Gordon last year which was basically the identical winning percentage as we were with him. Not that I think this is important, but figured I'd throw it out there since it's as much a datapoint as we have without Gordon.

senrad

Liked Posts:

We have played 80 games so far this year. Thats what you meant right Doug? We would be 80-0 at this point in the season....sure thats the ticket.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Actually, that is what I meant. I take it back, I'm not a moron and have been completely redeemed.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

Too late, moronness is not something that can be taken back. Once you have it, it sticks for good.

Fred

Liked Posts:

In fairness to Deng, he had a really nice 2 week period after he came back from the injury.
The Bulls went 4-2 during a 6 game road trip during that period. Guys like Steve Kashul were giving all of the credit for this mini-turnaround to the Captains, Hinrich and Deng.

A closer look at Hinrich's 6-game span from Jan. 25th through February 3rd, though, shows that Deng alone deserved the credit. Hinrich shot 16-46, or 34.7% during these 6 games. Kirk did nothing but suck during this period, but that didn't prevent the media from giving him credit for a job well done.

sth

Liked Posts:
I think he does have a case. Since he hasn't been convicted or plead guilty he can't be forced to work. That only is allowed after you have been sentenced. So he may well win this case.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
This will be interesting the way it plays out. I think he has a case. I am no lawyer, but he makes a little bit of sense.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
He has a case. The fact that he is suing for 11 million dollars will discredit the case amongst the jury of his peers (the general public)....but that has or should have no effect on the courts ruling or ideals.

Interesting one here.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When my dad was in jail for something similar (allegedly) he told them all to fuck off. They wanted him to provide documents showing his assets, income, etc. He said "fuck you." They wanted him to mop floors. He said "fuck you." They told him everyone had to do their part. He said "fuck you." They told him he had to do his part to get along. He said "fuck you." Borrowing a line from Clerks: "I'm not even supposed to be here." After about a month of him being there, and the plaintiff being nowhere to be found, they released him and dropped the charges. When you have nothing to lose (job, income, etc.......) they can't really do too much to you. His thoughts were: I can sit here and read books in jail just as easy as I can do it at home.