Donald Sterling thinks the Bulls have too many white guys

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I missed the game, so I have to trust the never-reliable box-score.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
GarPax lives to fight another day, thanks to Dougie Doug.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Nice game by Wear too.

Man, no kidding, who's this guy. He banged, took charges, rebounded, hit 3's, WTF? One thing's for sure..... the Bulls have a good SL team!

It seems like everyone can hits 3's. Even 290lb Gardner hit some 3's??? Some interesting guys. It'd be nice to have someone emerge from this team that can help the Bulls. I like Jones, Freeman, and Wear on top of Bairstow and Dougie.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know it's just summer league, but I'm starting to like the pick a little bit more. Wasn't high on him at all when we first drafted him... but I think he could have a future here.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I know it's just summer league, but I'm starting to like the pick a little bit more. Wasn't high on him at all when we first drafted him... but I think he could have a future here.

I know it's SL right now, but I'm calling for a Championship!

A SL championship! And Dougie McBuckets, aka, Dougie Fresh, is gonna shoot them to a victory!!!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think it's easier to like the pick, because he is doing well against a deep class in SL.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wonder what happened to Snell today. Only 4-12. Still shot 50% from 3 though, so he's still got that going for him. He's probably shooting at least 50% from 3 through 3 games which is good to see. Dougie continues to impress.

Though...Marquis Teague also did well in his 2nd summer league and still sucked, so grain of salt people.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Wonder what happened to Snell today. Only 4-12. Still shot 50% from 3 though, so he's still got that going for him. He's probably shooting at least 50% from 3 through 3 games which is good to see. Dougie continues to impress.

Though...Marquis Teague also did well in his 2nd summer league and still sucked, so grain of salt people.

Well, I don't want to stick up for him, but It seemed like he had a decent guy checking him, (McRoberts or smt), but yeah, consistency is part of taking the next step. Still, it's nice to see Doug take over at that time.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
So.... Does everyone here have NBAtv? or How you watching the games?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So.... Does everyone here have NBAtv? or How you watching the games?
I haven't watched a single game. You could probably pull up nbatv on firstrow or another similar streaming site though if you wanted to

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Teague was alright in the 2nd year of summer league. He was a complete mess in the first year though. To me it looked as if it was just that he had a year under his belt the second go around.

Outlaw_Wales

Liked Posts:
Long time Bulls fan -- and Creighton season ticket holder here. Really glad to see people warming up to Doug. I could not have been more excited when he landed in Chicago. I have zero doubts that he's going to be a really solid NBA player and will silence the doubters. Many of you may know some of his history, but many of you might not have really known much about him when he got picked -- I think a lot of Bulls fans who were "down" on the pick immediately never really saw much of his play before.

When he was coming out of high school, his dad did not recruit him to Iowa State because he didn't think Doug would be good enough to dominate there and didn't want his son playing for him at a school like that if he was a middle of the road player. He put up big numbers in high school, but was on Harrison Barnes' high school team, so doubters suggested his stats were inflated because of Barnes. (I saw that high school team play several times and thought then that McDermott looked like the better player, although Barnes was obviously way more athletic.)

When Coach McDermott came to Creighton and Doug got a release from Northern Iowa, doubters suggested he wouldn't be much of a player in the Missouri Valley Conference. They expected he'd be a mid-major coach's kid playing a role on the team. Instead, he came out and won the Newcomer of the Week award for the conference more times than any player in history and ran away with the Newcomer of the Year award.

Doubters suggested that it was just one year, was a down year, etc. So he came out the next season and dominated the Player of Week award more than any player in history and ran away with the Player of the Year award in his sophomore season -- and made the All American team.

Doubters suggested that he wouldn't be able to repeat that because teams would start focusing on stopping him -- and they did. But he ran away with the Player of the Year award again as a Junior and repeated as an All American.

Doubters suggested that was just because he was in the Missouri Valley and ignored his big performances in pretty much every game against major conference teams. Doubters suggested he'd really struggle in the Big East, facing more athletic players and a more demanding travel schedule night in and night out. Instead, he ran away with the Player of the Year award there, too, became the first three time All American in decades, and pretty convincingly swept every National Player of the Year award there was.

But, of course, doubters suggested his game won't translate to the NBA and he won't be able to compete against athletes at that level. So far he's lighting up the Summer League and showing that he can score in a variety of ways -- including well beyond the NBA 3 line, coming hard off screens, with the step back, etc. And he's playing decent defense (something he was encouraged not to do too much in college because he could never afford to get in foul trouble), is racking up rebounds and assists, etc.

Doubters still want to say it's "only" summer league -- which is true -- but with Doug's track record of proving doubters wrong at every single stage, my money is on him to be a big contributor for the Bulls for a long time. He's much more than a spot up shooter, and the reason he is so open so often is because he works his ass off to get open. Incredible work ethic, ridiculous competitiveness. Just a baller. He also has quite a bit of experience against NBA guys already from his prior play with the USA National team.

Really glad to see other Bulls fans starting to come around! I can't wait to get to Chicago for some games this season.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Summer League: Bulls and Sixers Sunday at 9PM

Just a place to talk about the game.

When the game is settled, this thread will be merged into the Bulls Summer League thread.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I'm actually excited to watch this SL game. We get to see Noel, who's been playing great as well.