Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Yes...one game of 21 pts. (which he used to do every single game before injury) erases all of that doubt. Great point. Can't believe I didn't see it.

He left the game after a nice quarter (12 points in third) at the 4:52 mark, then we didn't see him again until 7:02 remained in the game. Be nice to get more than a part-time player for 20 mil a year.

Sorry, when you've worn out your goodwill among fans with your constant nicks and scratches, one game with a nice quarter where Noah and Butler were the true forces down the stretch to get us a victory doesn't excuse it.

Hmmm... I seem to remember seeing Rose take a nasty charge in that "nice quarter" then get back up and hit a big 3 to tie the game. Then I think, though I could have been hallucinating from the tryptho in the turkey leftovers at lunch, but I swear I saw him draw the entire defense into the lane then dish a perfect pass to Noah for a wide open jumper to seal the victory. But yea I guess he didn't do jack to help the team win the game. :smug:

And the nerve of that guy to not come back and play 40 minutes in this game after aggravating a hamstring injury the game before. I mean seriously, who the fuck does this douche think he is!?

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Wow. Give me a break. I didn't say he didn't do jack to help them win the game. I said having a good quarter and making a few plays doesn't make up for the last 2 years and a frustrating November of will he/won't he. I want him to help this team. I also want him to earn his ridiculous salary and be a star for this team. He's not the best guard out there right now wearing "Bulls" on his chest. When he contributes on a regular basis, I'll revise my opinion. Until then, I have the right to question him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How dare he get injured so often. What a farce! He's not even averaging as many points as he did in 10 games last year.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Wow. Give me a break. I didn't say he didn't do jack to help them win the game. I said having a good quarter and making a few plays doesn't make up for the last 2 years and a frustrating November of will he/won't he. I want him to help this team. I also want him to earn his ridiculous salary and be a star for this team. He's not the best guard out there right now wearing "Bulls" on his chest. When he contributes on a regular basis, I'll revise my opinion. Until then, I have the right to question him.

And no said that this game makes up for him missing 2 years (which was completely out of his control btw), but it's a positive sign and a step in the right direction. I'm pretty sure everyone wants to see him play out there and play for long stretches. I get the frustration but what you are doing is holding it against Rose for YOUR lack of patience with him. I mean I don't know why the majority of fans were deluding themselves into thinking he'd step on the court and be A-Ok from the get go. When you don't play for 2 years, it takes time for you body to readjust to the grind of a season. You talk about having surgery on your ACL's and understanding what he's going through mentally & physically but then deride him for being cautious with injuries now so he can stay relatively healthy for the remainder of his career.

If Rose was so mentally weak or afraid or whatever the hell everyone has been calling him, would he have stepped in front of a lumbering Jeff Green to take a charge, then get plastered to the floor in an awkward collision that raised every Bulls fans blood pressure a bit? And THEN come back and hit a big 3 to tie the game? How, in any way shape or form does that display any kind of mental weakness? I mean honestly, I just don't understand where fans are drawing these conclusions other than from sports writer hacks and talk radio blowhards looking for internet hits and ratings.

Look, I'll admit it's frustrating that he's having these little nagging injuries this early but I also realize 1) it's early; and 2) this is fairly typical when players return from not having played for awhile. What I can't stand is the questioning of this kid's heart or dedication to his team and this city. To come from where he's come from, to become the youngest MVP in the league, to losing 2 years of your prime to catastrophic injuries, to enduring constant questioning on your health and mental state every single day, to hearing nothing but constant criticism for almost every decision you make, most people would completely crack under that kind of pressure and scrutiny. Rose has worked his fucking ASS off to get back to where he is, and now the entire fan base is turning on him and it makes me fucking sick. These are also the same people who wanted to trade Jimmy Butler for a bag of balls last season. This constant bitching and whining from the fans, and speculative articles from "sports writers" has grown extremely tiresome.