Bulls vs Wizards keys, thoughts, matchups ect.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
did he really say no 3's? Because Augustine and Dunleavy should have a green light. The others I don't care, they probably shouldn't be jacking them. But without 3's Augustine isn't able to even make that last game close.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wish we could see a couple big line-ups particularly when we are getting abused.

Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Dunleavy, Augustine would give me the rebounding I need, and some length in Beal's face. Let them penetrate into our bigs, fine. I just don't like the small ball of Noah, Gibson, Butler, Augustine, Heinrich that Thibs has fallen in love with. It leaves us with very few clear advantages. not length, not size, not scoring.
Arguably with how Taj and DJ have played that lineup has decent scoring options while also providing good defense at all positions outside of DJ. Having two ball handlers allows DJ to work off the ball some and not get mobbed with the ball in his hands every possession. If Taj and Noah aren't enough length against a lineup that also has a small backcourt, I guess we need to be running with an all 6'6" and above lineup to satisfy you or something. Running 3 bigs won't really solve our problems offensively because our spacing wouldn't be any better.

All that said, yeah I do think Boozer and Dunleavy need more 4th quarter minutes and opportunities.

czman

Liked Posts:
did he really say no 3's? Because Augustine and Dunleavy should have a green light. The others I don't care, they probably shouldn't be jacking them. But without 3's Augustine isn't able to even make that last game close.

They showed a timeout at the end of the game and that is what he said. I understand why. The Bulls could not hit the 3 at that point, fatigue and skill. I understand he wants them to be aggressive and get into the lane; although that is not always easily accomplished when the defense is pinching in.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They showed a timeout at the end of the game and that is what he said. I understand why. The Bulls could not hit the 3 at that point, fatigue and skill. I understand he wants them to be aggressive and get into the lane; although that is not always easily accomplished when the defense is pinching in.
It's a reasonable call to make when your team is bricking jumpers. Getting to the lane and drawing a foul is usually the remedy for that and helps players get back on track. It just didn't work out for us. Defense was tight and whatever contact there was wasn't being called a foul for us. Unfortunate circumstance there.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The one thing for sure as far as I see it, is that Hinrich should not have been on the court so long in the 4th and OT. The only legit shooter other than Augustin is Dunleavy who has played well in the series. Boozer also could have helped late in that game. To the Wiz credit, they contested every shot but the Bulls couldn't hit shit late in that game. A rested Dunleavy could have made them loosen the pressure underneath for the Bulls.

czman

Liked Posts:
It's a reasonable call to make when your team is bricking jumpers. Getting to the lane and drawing a foul is usually the remedy for that and helps players get back on track. It just didn't work out for us. Defense was tight and whatever contact there was wasn't being called a foul for us. Unfortunate circumstance there.

I am not saying it is not reasonable. it is a failure to understand the actual problem. If a coach says to a QB " whatever you don't take sack!" and then calls a naked bootleg is it the QBs fault it he takes a sack? Maybe. Tibs was not addressing why the Bulls were shooting 3s. They were shooting 3's because they could not get in the lane. You want them to drive to the lane then put them in position to do so.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only key matchup to this series is scoring more points than Washington. Which, we can't, because our offense is as about as appealing as a soiled diaper spinning in a dryer.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think if you had Thibs in a room and he answered honestly, I'd bet he wished that he had those comments back.

casinnova

Liked Posts:
Yes the offense is bad, but they won. Does that make Washington's offense worse than ours?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
listen up!!! this shit is just getting started. Nothing matters but game 3 and chicago will bring it, their best effort yet. The machine must come out and Thibedau needs to go to a deeper more rabid rotation where everybody plays with everybody and we add some confusion. We are too predictable right now, we need to take that away even from ourselves and just ball and play defense hard against these guys. Let them speed it up and play frantic, our rotation couldl allow us to play faster and not get tired. Speed up Wall and he will turn it over and you can start to get some fast break stuff. Play Augustine more and Dunleavy more and Boozer more too. We have to trade more buckets and keep the attack random and from everywhere. we can do this, even if Tom doesn't do those things. !!! The heart of this team is strong and we will be unfazed, no more likely to win or lose game 3 than before and we took two hard losses in close games. Gotta finish better, we are just getting started!!! grind them to the bone chicago!!

Not only did Thibs do everything I said which is a small miracle in itself, but we also won the game and Nene pulled a Seabrook. Now we need to take advantage, I think the series gets decided tomorrow!! We go home 2-2 I know we take care of business, flip the pressure on them this series and they will fold in 6 or 7 being young. All 3 Chicago franchises and the Sox are being run pretty well right now. Its an exciting time, we could be approaching the triple crown of football, basketball, hockey.....not too much hope for a baseball championship soon though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keys for tonight are Boozer, Gibson, and Noah. With Nene out this is the game Boozer and Noah should be able to take over, and have to in order to keep Beal and Wall tight and forcing things.

Augustine, Dunleavy, and Butler must contribute scoring again. I think we are getting more comfortable with them and removing Nene will make a huge difference.
This is a must win.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
14-0 Wiz already. Bummer.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Down to 6.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Worst time ever for Hinrich to have the shittiest game of his entire career. He once again is driving me nuts. He just is not and has never been a point guard.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
SOmeone tell Hinrich that my old grandmother could penetrate and dish better than he can.