bullseye 104

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Something tells me that he will turn a profit in the long run.

Maybe, but now his team sucks and he is losing money...

And I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in Charlotte with the Bobcats soon.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Nice try defending Sam, but swing and a miss. There wasn't any early exits by Scottie Pippen. He played 45 minutes vs. Detroit - so exactly when did he "early exit?"

And vs. Utah he played in the 2nd after, I believe, he got a shot in his back. He was on the court in the second half.

I believe that's Scottie Pippen in the #33 red jersey as the Bulls are celebrating their 6th title. So again - where are these early exits? you always talk about fables and fairy tales but Sam Smith seems to have a lot of them in that article.

I see manipulation, but it ain't from Sam Smith. Now, again, bring him on your show...the swing and a miss here is your whole premise for your argument, and after going through the article, this is all you can find to disprove? You never answered any of my other questions, you continue on this point, even after I stated that Smith made a mistake. Good grief man...

Again, prove that those statements were wrong...and try not to push commentators as reporters, Mariotti and Telander don't cut it.

Of course Krause wanted the run to end, that is a known fact. He thought it was on its last legs anyway. And what does that have to do with Reinsdorf?

Krause believing that the team was at the end of its run is part of his job as a GM. Reinsdorf should have fired him because he felt that way? He overruled him! That is not enough for you?

Sam Smith lied and used misleading statements to trick readers. I already proven that with facts.

Sorry that you can't accept that.

You accuse me of pushing commentators as reporters (which I haven't done), yet this Sam Smith column is a commentary. You should take your own advice.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Something tells me that he will turn a profit in the long run.

Maybe, but now his team sucks and he is losing money...

And I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in Charlotte with the Bobcats soon.

Sports teams typically don't turn a profit overnight. Otherwise the owners wouldn't sell them. Most sales take place because of death or the team not making or losing money. Considering he started a team from scratch, bought a bunch of equipment and staff it makes sense that it would take time.

Regardless at last credible report (forbes last year) he was worth more than magic despite being younger and out of basketball less.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Jordan Motorsports has been around since 2003. That is not some new fledgling business. And again, who is worth the most does not necessarily imply who the better businessman is, or who you would rather have conduct your business. Plus, MJE was pretty much built from scratch, Michael Jordan's net worth got a kickstart from Nike, Gatorade, Chevrolet...etc. He acquired his net worth in ways similar to Tiger Woods, but Magic Johnson Enterprises is a group of business ventures and investments that have flourished over the years. That is why it is worth 700mil+...big difference.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Sam Smith lied and used misleading statements to trick readers. I already proven that with facts.

You accuse me of pushing commentators as reporters (which I haven't done), yet this Sam Smith column is a commentary. You should take your own advice.

What would Sam Smith have to gain by "tricking" readers concerning this subject? What possibly was in it for him in 2004? Give me a break...it was an error is all, I can find other errors by other writers, and have. But to act like this was a part of some grand conspiracy to cover up for what amounts to fiction that you can by no means prove though you believe it, is asinine. In another article done the same year, he refers to the migraine headache without saying Pippen missed a game. It could be a simple misnomer or as you want to make people think, Smith was throwing Jordan under the bus and trying to "trick" people for whatever reason.

That dug won't hunt buddy, you need to do better than that. And when it comes to how the Bulls work behind the scene, I would take Smith's investigative reporting over your wishful thinking any day.

I ask again, bring him on the show, if you think the truth hasn't been exposed and you want to unearth it, ask him if he would make an appearance based on that article.

Fred

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

What would Sam Smith have to gain by "tricking" readers concerning this subject? What possibly was in it for him in 2004? Give me a break...it was an error is all, I can find other errors by other writers, and have. But to act like this was a part of some grand conspiracy to cover up for what amounts to fiction that you can by no means prove though you believe it, is asinine. In another article done the same year, he refers to the migraine headache without saying Pippen missed a game. It could be a simple misnomer or as you want to make people think, Smith was throwing Jordan under the bus and trying to "trick" people for whatever reason.

That dug won't hunt buddy, you need to do better than that. And when it comes to how the Bulls work behind the scene, I would take Smith's investigative reporting over your wishful thinking any day.

I ask again, bring him on the show, if you think the truth hasn't been exposed and you want to unearth it, ask him if he would make an appearance based on that article.

Sam Smith had little or no access to Jordan and his inner circle after "The Jordan Rules" pubication in 1991. It's very clear when you compare the first book and his 2nd, "The Second Coming". Sam's been wrong before, and he'll be wrong again, as most of his recent articles have been. Regardless of what Sam says, Jordan wasn't done playing, a smarter or more loyal group of owners would have keep in playing him Chicago by either firing Krause or moving him to a different position...which is exactly what should have happened. It's clear Jackson wasn't done coaching. Obviously, the Lakers, Celtics, and Rockets were able to three other great players of the era (Magic, Bird, and Hakeem) happy enough to wear one jersey for their entire playing careers. But the Bulls weren't able to do this for the Greatest ever. Why? Because Jerry showed greater loyalty to a fat, pathetic, egomanical slob than to Jackson and Jordan, probably because it was much cheaper.

Fred

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
They offered Jackson a big contract for multiple years...he didn't want that contract, because he didn't get along with Krause, and he wasn't going to be part of a rebuilding process...history shows that. He does not want to be a part of any rebuilding. He wants to win immediately.

I am sorry if your hero, not JR was the one that bailed out on the Bulls dyansty, maybe he saw that it was done. I could see it. But whatever the thinking was, all JR did was look at Pippen, Jordan, Jackson and Krause as significant parts to a dynasty. That is good business because JR was right.

There was no need to rebuild in 1999. The Bulls, with Michael back, would have been the favorites to win the title.

Krause took over a team with the greatest player in the history of basketball already on it. He realized he would never be truly respected as a great GM until he won a title without Michael, so he was eager to begin the process by ushering Jackson out, and therefore Jordan with him. He then proved to the world his true identity as a completely incompetent, anti-social moron by building a team with the worst record in a 6-year span in NBA history, despite several top 10 draft picks. And that's exactly what Krause is without Michael. I have the scars from 98-03 to prove it.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Hou, Magic did commercials too. He wasn't a media pariah.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Fred, they were welcome back, you make it seem like the bulls refused to sign them. Management's job isn't to go around kissing employee's asses. If MJ wasn't tired and wanted to play, he certainly could have signed here or with any other of the 29 other teams in the league.

I know you don't like Krause but he is certainly a key part of the championships. He might have had MJ but there were plenty of teams that failed with great players. He drafted Pip, grant, Kukoc. He didn't just show up at the ring ceremony. As you say in the mid 80's it was far from a finished product. Why don't you ask Bron what kinda go he is having?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Sam Smith had little or no access to Jordan and his inner circle after "The Jordan Rules" pubication in 1991. It's very clear when you compare the first book and his 2nd, "The Second Coming". Sam's been wrong before, and he'll be wrong again, as most of his recent articles have been. Regardless of what Sam says, Jordan wasn't done playing, a smarter or more loyal group of owners would have keep in playing him Chicago by either firing Krause or moving him to a different position...which is exactly what should have happened. It's clear Jackson wasn't done coaching. Obviously, the Lakers, Celtics, and Rockets were able to three other great players of the era (Magic, Bird, and Hakeem) happy enough to wear one jersey for their entire playing careers. But the Bulls weren't able to do this for the Greatest ever. Why? Because Jerry showed greater loyalty to a fat, pathetic, egomanical slob than to Jackson and Jordan, probably because it was much cheaper.

First, Hakeem played for the Raptors...way past his prime...

Secondly, Jordan wanted to run the team, the answer is simple...no. I applaud Reinsdorf for his stance, and I applaud Krause for not cowering to Michael Jordan like most people did. I think Jordan's HOF speech showed his vengeful, unforgiving, arrogant nature. As I have stated before, worst speech at an HOF by an athlete...ever.

Yes, Krause was ready to build his own championship team, he wanted to get started in 1997...Reinsdorf said no...again, what is the problem?

Reinsdorf did EVERYTHING but fire Krause...and fire Krause for what? Jordan and Jackson were just as culpable to the disruption as Krause was. As I have stated before in Reinsdorf's way of looking at it, Jordan, Jackson, Pippen and Krause were all reasons why there are 6 championships. Anyone who wants to give Jordan all of the credit is an idiot. Anyone who wants to give Jackson and Pippen all of the credit and Krause known is basketball Special person...and an idiot. Reinsdorf is none of the above, Krause did a great job of surrounding Jordan with talent. Could he have handled some issues better? Sure...but he did his job well until it was time for him to rebuild and things collapsed. JR showed no greater loyalty to Krause than to anyone else. He was loyal to them all.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

It was you who said Magic didn't make much since the 80's right? I mean, you were wrong, I mean, really, really wrong. So now you think those commercials, which you said didn't add up to much, are a part of the 700mil empire he built? You think part of the projected 1Bil dollar company he started is due to him selling yellow converse shoes? I don't think so...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

It was you who said Magic didn't make much since the 80's right? I mean, you were wrong, I mean, really, really wrong. So now you think those commercials, which you said didn't add up to much, are a part of the 700mil empire he built? You think part of the projected 1Bil dollar company he started is due to him selling yellow converse shoes? I don't think so...

When your done twisting and distorting everything let me know.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Magic had a large name in the 80's and didn't turn it into much,

Did you not say that? Were those not your words? Maybe I did distort them, what did you mean by that...

My point is, according to you he didn't do much with his brand. Which I say supports my point that MJE was a lot of good business decisions, and of course Magic's name recognition. But he is actually running the company...he is the man when it comes to his businesses.