Buster Skrine is KILLING IT in training camp!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was Skrine crisp today?

Asking for a friend.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Was Skrine crisp today?

Asking for a friend.
Duke Shelley(not sure if it is prononced shelly or Sheely) was swallowing men today, so if Skreen was crisp there maybe nothing left of him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Skrine is a downgrade. There’s a reason friggin’ Jets fans weren’t sad to see him go.

But he’s serviceable, and playing on the best defense in the NFL will do him some good and make him look better. I’m cool with that.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I definitely didn't cape as hard as @Rory Sparrow did for Skrine but I do remember when I said the Skrine signing will be just fine I got about 7-8 PMs from meatballs threatening to come over to my house and kill me. Boy were those idiots wrong.
They were such big idiots that they went to your neighbor's house and killed him.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Skrine is a downgrade. There’s a reason friggin’ Jets fans weren’t sad to see him go.

But he’s serviceable, and playing on the best defense in the NFL will do him some good and make him look better. I’m cool with that.
The Jets also forced him to play CB. So there's that.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will hold my thoughts until after I see Skrine play some NFL regular season games, but it's good to know that he doesn't look bad in practice.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Did Trubs look as horrible as the tweets say he did?

I wouldn't say he was horrible. He was primarily bad in deep attempts. Underthrew Wims on the one Skrine picked him off on, then overthrew a receiver on a route over the middle about 25-30 yards or so.

He wasn't horrible but wasn't great.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Remember when all of you wankers thought he was a bad free agent signing, and I was the ONLY ONE who soapboxed for the guy? You guys had already written him off, and I was the lone voice of reason. Thank the Lord that Ryan Pace is the Bears GM, and not any of you idiots. It just proves how much everyone here sucks and how little they actually know about football.

Buster appreciates your support. You've obviously motivated him.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holding out opinion until I see the performance with refs on the field.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Remember when all of you wankers thought he was a bad free agent signing, and I was the ONLY ONE who soapboxed for the guy? You guys had already written him off, and I was the lone voice of reason. Thank the Lord that Ryan Pace is the Bears GM, and not any of you idiots. It just proves how much everyone here sucks and how little they actually know about football.
Just chalk it up to CCS ignorance, imo. Pace is killing it with everything he's doing, imo. Although, I also think Nagy has something to do with adding Skrine.

He was familiar with him in the AFC. He was also quoted as saying he thought Skrine was the best Nickel in the NFL at one point.

The Jets played him out of position on a lousy defense. His penalties were a result of that. I predict Bears fans will love him when they see his physical style. A great Bears defense will allow him to play more within his framework.

The great news is Pace killing it again with stealing Shelley at the nickel position in the draft. Skrine might be great in the Bears defense, but might not even start ... eventually during this season.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The Jets wanted him to place outside, something he was not good at. If they wanted him and used him as a NB, Jets fans would have been fine with him

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skrine and Dix are fine enough as long as they aren’t asked to headline on a teams defense.