I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Because we can't fix the areas on the offense that actually matter if we pay him and without those being fixed he and our defenseare wasted. Allen Robinson is replaceable. If he was Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins then maybe I'd feel differently. But Allen Robinson isn't them. Teams can win without good receivers if they are strong in the trenches.

ha okay, act like you can just find an Allen Robinson anywhere. And the bears need to get with the times. Trade some of the defensive pieces to free up room to bring Robinson back and invest the draft capital in the offense. Also, it’d help to have some competent coaching

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
ha okay, act like you can just find an Allen Robinson anywhere. And the bears need to get with the times. Trade some of the defensive pieces to free up room to bring Robinson back and invest the draft capital in the offense. Also, it’d help to have some competent coaching

Most of the top rookies drafted this year are as good or better than ARob. Tee Higgins is better for sure. Jefferson is better. You can draft another ARob.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Most of the top rookies drafted this year are as good or better than ARob. Tee Higgins is better for sure. Jefferson is better. You can draft another ARob.

Yeah, cuz this years draft class is the typical WR class. And imagine if ARob played with like Aaron Rodgers. You wouldn’t think he was so replaceable then. He’d have monster numbers with a real QB in a real offense

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He won’t be back. Too much money and he is not the final piece to be in place for this team to make a run. It’s like spending a few grand on rims to put on a car that is worth 500 bucks.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Well I think we'll have to disagree in regards to Robinson. He's a good player, but id rather give his money to a stud LT than him. WR can be addressed in the draft. LT has less depth and reliability in the draft. I agree competent coaching would be nice. San Francisco has shown a good blueprint. Build the lines and dominate there. Run the ball and create a good PA game with quick receivers who can create after the catch.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Yeah, cuz this years draft class is the typical WR class. And imagine if ARob played with like Aaron Rodgers. You wouldn’t think he was so replaceable then. He’d have monster numbers with a real QB in a real offense

Easy to say but that’s just opinion. We don’t know that. I do know that there are plenty of wr out there that produce more than ARob.

bufordht

Liked Posts:

Ya he probably would, but they don't have a real QB or a real offense. That's the point. If they pay Robinson, there is no money to build a real offense. What defensive players are you going to trade to free up cap? The ones eating up the cap have huge cap hits if they're traded.

I think everyone would like to keep Robinson around. The point is that he is lipstick on a pig at this point and that won't change in one off season.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Easy to say but that’s just opinion. We don’t know that. I do know that there are plenty of wr out there that produce more than ARob.

we don’t know that if ARob played with a top tier QB he would have bigger numbers than he does with the bums he has throwing to him in Chicago?! Ummm okay, sure...

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ya he probably would, but they don't have a real QB or a real offense. That's the point. If they pay Robinson, there is no money to build a real offense. What defensive players are you going to trade to free up cap? The ones eating up the cap have huge cap hits if they're traded.

I think everyone would like to keep Robinson around. The point is that he is lipstick on a pig at this point and that won't change in one off season.

id have to go look at the contracts of guys, not something I have memorized off the top of my head.

go ahead and let ARob walk, then here in a year or two all you bears fans will be bitching about how terrible the WR’s are

bufordht

Liked Posts:
id have to go look at the contracts of guys, not something I have memorized off the top of my head.

go ahead and let ARob walk, then here in a year or two all you bears fans will be bitching about how terrible the WR’s are

That's probably accurate, yes.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Agreed, Franchise him.

Draft a new QB, try and hope you can retain him.

You will need a weapon for the next guy. Thus far they have no one, just a bunch of guys who they hope might be someone.

Liked Posts:
Love ARob but he really should walk...he'd be amazing on a team with a competent QB, which the Bears will never have.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Arob obv is pissed, they benched the guy that targeted him early and often for the guy who rarely does.

I'd be mad too if they benched the guy that was netting me a big contract the following year.

For all of Mitch flaws he at least understood that his best chance at success was to throw it to Allen Robinson. Foles tries to scan the field and spread it around....which would be fine except he is doing it to the point he is under utilizing his best offensive weapon.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Robinson misses his guy Mitch.

Mitch's favorite target was arob