Bye Weekend Homework

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll try to break down the formations and audibles of the fog bowl vs the eagles

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know a game I won't watch, the postgame interview with the coach for that game for some reason stuck with me.

Dah....we got whipped in all phases, we gotta get better.

Next question: Dah....we spoke to Todd, he's gotta be better, dah... he knows that...coach scratches his head with an extremely perplexed facial expression.

More questions and a lot of head scratching and "Dah we gotta get better"

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
1991 Bears vs. Jets (with a young Pete Carroll as defenseive coordinator) in Soldier Field on Monday Night. With under 2 minutes left in the game, the Jets were up a TD and just running out the clock. Steve McMichael miraculously strips the ball from Blair Thomas and recovers the fumble. Then Harbaugh tosses a TD with no time left to Neal Anderson, who made a great catch. Game goes to overtime and Cap Boso scores what appears to be the game winning touchdown. His facemask is covered in turf as he gets up and celebrates. Both teams head to the locker room thinking the game is over. But wait... the refs review and say it wasn't a TD, so both teams have to come back onto the field... some players have already undressed and walk back out only half dressed.

I had this game on VHS and watched the end of this game a million times. Here's the link, already forwarded to the 2 minute mark:

[video=youtube_share;9o9T-9Ozz-o]https://youtu.be/9o9T-9Ozz-o?t=8317[/video]

ByTSxOYCQAABjDu.jpg

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1991 Bears vs. Jets (with a young Pete Carroll as defenseive coordinator) in Soldier Field on Monday Night. With under 2 minutes left in the game, the Jets were up a TD and just running out the clock. Steve McMichael miraculously strips the ball from Blair Thomas and recovers the fumble. Then Harbaugh tosses a TD with no time left to Neal Anderson, who made a great catch. Game goes to overtime and Cap Boso scores what appears to be the game winning touchdown. His facemask is covered in turf as he gets up and celebrates. Both teams head to the locker room thinking the game is over. But wait... the refs review and say it wasn't a TD, so both teams have to come back onto the field... some players have already undressed and walk back out only half dressed.

I had this game on VHS and watched the end of this game a million times. Here's the link, already forwarded to the 2 minute mark:

ByTSxOYCQAABjDu.jpg

2:18 is when the fumble happens--it didn't load to the actual fumble on my link

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ok, this might be fun..Might not be...

Your homework assignment for the bye week is to watch an old Bears games. Find one on youtube, VHS, DVD, ...whatever and watch it.

Post what game you think you'll watch here.

Come back here on Bears Monday where I will have a Homework Impressions Thread and tell us about. Little things you noticed that you had forgotten, things you liked, didn't like, bigger picture things you noticed, what has changed? What has stayed the same? Whatever you feel.

See you on Monday..hopefully we have some good stuff.

I love how your game starts off with the Coked Up Markol running in the blocked FG for a TD.

Then the Madden beer commercials are priceless.

Liked Posts:

ByTSxOYCQAABjDu.jpg

OMG I've been looking for this game forever.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I thought Bye weeks were supposed to be the same for the whole division. Why is it only the bears and minny, green bay and detroit all playing? Are they at least close?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I'd go back to 85 and watch both the Miami loss and the come from behind game vs the Vikes. Maybe take a look at the 2005 teams playoff loss to the Panthers. Always interesting to see what went wrong for quality losing teams and how it could have been corrected.