C J Stroud

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Stroud coming out is a good thing for the Bears imo. More QBs = more competition. Even though the chances are low, it also improves the odd of two trade downs.
I don't think it does too much to change the value of first overall, but as things stand now it definitely increases the value of fourth overall.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
I'm not. I think teams almost always have a #1 guy they will move up to get. They don't want to settle for a player they think is a lesser player.

I also believe this improves the chances of bears potentially trading down twice and getting a big haul multiple times.

I think bears will trade to 4 and then potentially listen to offers unless Arizona trades out of 3, then bears get will Anderson at 4.
That works for me, extra picks and Anderson isn't bad. getting that first pick is huge

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Will he declare or won't he and how does it effect the draft
I think if he declares then he will be drafted high, if not, then some other qb will. Just my thoughts.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
I think if he declares then he will be drafted high, if not, then some other qb will. Just my thoughts.
Good post. To add on to that, I think that if we stay at #1 we'll take a really good player... if not we will trade back and hopefully get multiple good players.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Will Levis is rising as the possible number one or two QB taken overall. CJ Stroud may be the third QB taken overall.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Vastly.

Young- he's the prototype in everything except for size. Was a #1 recruit, 5 star, athletic, mobile, good enough arm, can make plays in or out of structure, with and without pressure, Heisman winner, has put up elite numbers, played well consistently in high profile games. He's done it all. He has it all except he may be only 5'10", 185lbs. Teams have seen what he can do, but can he do it at the NFL level?

Levis- he's the opposite in a lot of ways to Young. He has the prototypical size, 6'3", 230lbs. Has a HUGE arm. Is mobile enough. But he wasn't highly recruited, is in the SEC but hasn't played on the big stage due to being at Kentucky. He hasn't played with a ton of NFL talent, and it got worse from 2021 to 2022 when he lost a couple players to Day 2 in the NFL. Teams haven't seen what he can do when everything is perfect, but can he show it when you perfect his supporting cast?

Stroud- he's the perfect mix of both. Was highly recruited, athletic, good arm, has played in high profile games but hasn't really performed well in them until the Semis vs Georgia. He has been coddled at Ohio St, by them playing easy schedules, having thrown to at least 5 different 1st round WRs in 2 years, and he hasn't really performed until the GA game when things break down in the pocket. Teams have seen what he can do, but can he do it when he has easily the most talented team on the field?
CJ is the best of these 3.