Caleb Williams had an outburst at Friday’s combine

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What scares you about painting your nails or showing emotion? Doesn't fit the male archetype you're comfortable with? Dude does his thing. Doesn't affect you or his ability to play ball.
I've gone over this. Not once have I said it impacts his ability to play ball. Chicago is a tough town. If he faulters, and he will, it's just another thing for people to point to. It's normal to show emotion. Chris Jones cries during the anthem. People cry all the time in the sidelines with their teammates. Most grown men do not go to their mothers during/after a game to cry. The media will have a field day with him if he cries to his mom after losing to Green Bay. There's nothing wrong with being a strong man. Perhaps, Caleb is that. Painted nails or not, I'll root for him. You're attempting to make this something it is not.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I've gone over this. Not once have I said it impacts his ability to play ball. Chicago is a tough town. If he faulters, and he will, it's just another thing for people to point to. It's normal to show emotion. Chris Jones cries during the anthem. People cry all the time in the sidelines with their teammates. Most grown men do not go to their mothers during/after a game to cry. The media will have a field day with him if he cries to his mom after losing to Green Bay. There's nothing wrong with being a strong man. Perhaps, Caleb is that. Painted nails or not, I'll root for him. You're attempting to make this something it is not.

Chicago will try to eat him alive the moment he has a rough game for sure.

They've done it to every QB that we've had who was "supposed" to be good. The only one who didnt let it get to them was cutler because he truly didnt give two fucks about anything.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Williams is refusing the medical testing at the combine, ???

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Williams is refusing the medical testing at the combine, ???
the questionnaire before the test asks male or female on it...he doesnt agree with being lumped into one of those two options!

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok Boomer.

(First and only time I'm going to say that. Just seemed to fit.)

All these older men and their fears of differences. It's embarrassing to read, at least for me.
It's not a fear. It's another thing for the media to pile on him when he hits a slump, loses to Green Bay, etc etc. Good or bad, the media will use those things to pick at him when he stumbles.

This article proves my point. There was no "outburst" nor was Caleb "out of pocket" when he had his playful banter with his teammate. Right or wrong, the first time he cries to his mom on the sidelines the media is going to eat him alive.

napo55

Liked Posts:
yes, hes refusing to have his medicals done by 32 teams and will only do medicals for the ones that might draft him. Chicago gets his medicals so who gives a shit
Is he going to allow the doctors from those teams to check him out--or just send them written reports from his own doctor?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OK dude you are at the combine in the big leagues how. These thread titles are beneath you.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is he going to allow the doctors from those teams to check him out--or just send them written reports from his own doctor?

He is taking the medicals for the teams with pre draft visits

Canth

Liked Posts:
He is taking the medicals for the teams with pre draft visits

Yep, and he has a good reason. He knows he's getting drafted, likely #1. There is no reason to give teams with no shot at him any of his medical history for them to exploit in any way, shape, or form in the years to come. Simply put, they don't have the need to know and so he isn't giving it to them for free.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fYi, caleb said birds are a government conspiracy.

Confirmed nutjob, paints his nails and thinks birds are fake. Bears fans better watch out, he's gonna start hanging out with aaron in caves soon!
so you and Caleb have a lot in common

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
It's not a fear. It's another thing for the media to pile on him when he hits a slump, loses to Green Bay, etc etc. Good or bad, the media will use those things to pick at him when he stumbles.

This article proves my point. There was no "outburst" nor was Caleb "out of pocket" when he had his playful banter with his teammate. Right or wrong, the first time he cries to his mom on the sidelines the media is going to eat him alive.
I'm not talking about the media. We know how stupid media is and almost has to be, especially now. We see that in Jordan's dumb ass click bait titles. (Nothing against Jordan, he's probably telling himself he just has to play the game--I kind of think he could do that in a much more creative manner though.)

I'm talking about the people who hate and fear change so much, they so desperately want everything to go back to a time when they can more easily understand things because they just can't handle the discomfort that comes along with change. It's like the difference between older people who are flexible with the changes that come in society and life and even curious about it versus the older people who fight it fucking tooth and nail.

God I hope I'm part of the former group because the latter group is just such a tired, old, nauseating bunch, at least to me.

I'm not at all implying you are in that group, I obviously don't know you from Adam. And I'm not implying that change isn't uncomfortable because it is. But it's also not optional, right? It's gonna happen. So you either have a choice to be curious and open with it or be at war with it. So many seem to have chosen (consciously or unconsciously) to be at war with it.

I view the people who judged Williams so poorly due to his nails and crying after a loss as people who at war with it. I'm sure not all of them are and I know I'm not being very curious and open right now but I kind of hate those kinds of people. They are the ones who were against the right for women to vote, against the right for Blacks to vote, against the right for same sex marriages and on and on. They are always on the wrong side of history but they don't know it at the time, their kids and grandkids know it after they are dead.

Excuse the diatribe, for real...I think I've had too much coffee.