Caleb Williams vs ranked opponents the myth that won't die

msadows

Liked Posts:
Unless I missed it the article said team not defense.

Goober, the argument has always been the QB's against top 25 D's, not top 25 teams.

This all started based on an ESPN graphic while the season was actually still going on during a USC game.

Not a surprise a guy who can't read like daniel missed the boat on the top 25 D thing.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Goober, the argument has always been the QB's against top 25 D's, not top 25 teams.

This all started based on an ESPN graphic while the season was actually still going on during a USC game.

Not a surprise a guy who can't read like daniel missed the boat on the top 25 D thing.
Yes showing how they played against top 25 defense is meaningful. The article in question did not say they where comparing the top 25 defense, the article said it was comparing to top 25 teams.

So that's why I asked.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Regardless of what CCS posters think or say Jeremy Fowler ask a handful GMs at the senior bowl what they think the bears will do with the pick, and it was unanimous. Staying put and taking a QB. That tells you what the league thinks of Williams as a prospect. People without bias that do this for a living.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes showing how they played against top 25 defense is meaningful. The article in question did not say they where comparing the top 25 defense, the article said it was comparing to top 25 teams.

So that's why I asked.
The stats are from top 25 defenses. If I remember correctly, the graphic it came from wasn’t very clear. Also, if I remember correctly, it had like 2 or 3 games (of 5 total) from his freshman year, which is probably a lot less relevant and overall not enough data for me.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The stats are from top 25 defenses. If I remember correctly, the graphic it came from wasn’t very clear. Also, if I remember correctly, it had like 2 or 3 games (of 5 total) from his freshman year, which is probably a lot less relevant and overall not enough data for me.
Apparently it's not, it's just top 25 teams, so not very meaningful for a comparison

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently it's not, it's just top 25 teams, so not very meaningful for a comparison
I guess I should clarify… the “fact check” part of it is referring to people who posted an image of Caleb’s stats against top 25 defenses. So the basis of the article is somewhat off in what exactly needs fact checking. Below is that image.

1707097754171.jpeg

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Regardless of what CCS posters think or say Jeremy Fowler ask a handful GMs at the senior bowl what they think the bears will do with the pick, and it was unanimous. Staying put and taking a QB. That tells you what the league thinks of Williams as a prospect. People without bias that do this for a living.
Agree, emotion is taking over both sides of the argument here. That is why Poles will take emotion out of his decision making and do what he thinks is best for the team.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So as an honestly ignorant reader on this (don't follow college ball), is it true that Caleb is/was significantly worse against top 25 Defenses - overall by end of USC season?

I don't care about Daniel's "article", esp. if since he's actually giving #s against top 25 teams as a response to claims that he was weaker against stronger opponents. <--While overall team ranks are sort of relevant maybe 🤷‍♂️,

Defensive strength vs his performance is the original claim & a more relevant comp, per the graphic.