Call it now: Hard Knocks for the Bears?

Will the Bears be on Hard Knocks this preseason/training camp?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If it were up to the Bears, they'd never be on Hard Knocks.

If it were up to the NFL bean-counters, the Bears this year would ABSOLUTELY be on Hard Knocks.

And sure, the stars have seemed to align.

The Bears have not made the playoffs in the last two seasons.
They don't have a rookie head coach.
They've never appeared on the show before.
They're picking one of the most hyped prospects in recent memory.

Done deal, right?

I think you guys are forgetting the McCaskey factor.

George will do anything he can to keep the show from happening. Remember that the NFL cannot force a team to do the show if the team doesn't want it and there are other teams willing to do it.

There has only been one team in the last 5 years to be forced onto Hard Knocks, and that was last year's Jets team.

I see George leaning on the NFL to strongly encourage teams to volunteer, in one way or another, to help the Bears avoid the show. I've been adamant that the Bears will never, ever appear on Hard Knocks. It'll be canceled before the Bears ever get it.

But I'd love to be wrong. What say you?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I would say that the Bears won't be on it.

It's weird though, what is governing that a team would have to be on it? Is there some contract or something?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
looked it up:

"There is a partnership between HBO and NFL Films, and for marketing purposes a formula to determine who can't avoid doing it. "

Also:

"The other two teams this year who can't say no to the revealing program are the Denver Broncos and New Orleans Saints."

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Its the only year the Bears have been moderately interesting and apply for Hardknocks since the show's existence. The league should cash in before we go on a dynasty run..

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am of the mindset that it doesn’t help us to be on there, so I rather not… but as a fan, I’d for sure watch. That out of the way, I’m gonna guess there’s a ridiculously high likelihood that they’ll be on there. Maybe I’m in the Chicago bubble, but it feels like the Bears are dominating the media right now and probably will this season.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If the NFL can, they will strong-arm the Bears into doing Hard Knocks. McCaskey's still have a ton of pull with the league though so I can see them squirming out of it again.
The McCaskey's are lucky they married into the right family because they haven't done anything to help the NFL's brand other than exist. I don't even think they go to owner's meetings. Useless bunch of nepotees.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either its too good to pass up for the NFL....or they are waiting unitl Virginia heads to the gridiron in the sky before they do this shameless crap...

Bears have avoided for so long....time is up I think

Bust

Liked Posts:
looked it up:

"There is a partnership between HBO and NFL Films, and for marketing purposes a formula to determine who can't avoid doing it. "

Also:

"The other two teams this year who can't say no to the revealing program are the Denver Broncos and New Orleans Saints."

HBO Max has some great content. If you have Cricket Wireless, HBO MAX is included. Moi have had Cricket for 3 years now. They are THE BOMB and I tried them all.

Now for those who plan on swapping carriers, do your research. Location is HUGE for all carriers. If your residence happens to be close to a 5g tower, winner winner chicken dinner!

Rise

Liked Posts:
Since no team volunteered last year I don’t see why a team would volunteer this year. I mean saints and broncos are about as boring as it gets right now. The clear choice is the Bears.

2 HOFers, 3 if you count Peppers/ hof game
#1 overall hyped pick
Keenan Allen transition

Just those 3 points are interesting. Going to be a great show can’t wait.

Reactions: DC

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I guess the Broncos could be interesting. Let's be real, though. If the NFL and HBO care about the ratings, it'll be the Bears.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
HBO Max has some great content. If you have Cricket Wireless, HBO MAX is included. Moi have had Cricket for 3 years now. They are THE BOMB and I tried them all.

Now for those who plan on swapping carriers, do your research. Location is HUGE for all carriers. If your residence happens to be close to a 5g tower, winner winner chicken dinner!

Also, AT&T you get it for free

Bust

Liked Posts:

Also for those who decide to swap, get the unlimited plan. 55 bucks a month if you on autopay. That plan doesn't tank your speed during peak hours even if you burned thru data.

Avoid Mint Mobile at all costs (Ryan Reynolds commercials). Their so called unlimited plans are a scam. I came upon a promotion on their site to try out their unlimited plan (got to pre-pay for 3 months of service) with a full money back guarantee within 2 weeks.

As a test, I tethered it and burned thru 300 gigs of data within that 2 week period and the speed immediately tanked, musta been near 3g speeds cause I couldn't even do random app updates on playstore the speed so poor. Contacted mint mobile customer support and they didn't question the email I sent em as I basically told them their unlimited name scheme needs to be changed cause it was a scam, lol. They didn't respond to my hate mail. Got the full refund back within a couple days.