Call your shot

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Bears are on the clock. Who go you want at 103 assuming they stay put?

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
That would be the Dream if Poles likes him. Missing out on JMS hurt. Would love to get the line straightened out this year and let them develop and mold together for a run next year.

As bad as we need pass rushers we can add that next year and they can come in and produce right away.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Also a few decent pass rushers still unsigned in FA

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Wypler. Seems to be the obvious answer to me unless there's something wrong with him.

As bad as we need pass rushers we can add that next year and they can come in and produce right away.

Plus if you get promise showing out of the offense/QB this season you have 2 firsts next year to use on pass rush. As far as I know there are no pressing 1st round needs for offense next year if we have young OTs and C.
Even if we will need a WR I'm not overly thrilled with high first WRs. At least with Bears that would surely be a 4-5 year player.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Wypler. Seems to be the obvious answer to me unless there's something wrong with him.

Plus if you get promise showing out of the offense/QB this season you have 2 firsts next year to use on pass rush. As far as I know there are no pressing 1st round needs for offense next year if we have young OTs and C.
Even if we will need a WR I'm not overly thrilled with high first WRs. At least with Bears that would surely be a 4-5 year player.

Yes outside of a pass rusher we dont have any major weaknesses that haven't been addressed. We need to see how they work out.
I think DE should be our biggest target in first round next year.

I think receiver need will come down to what they do with Mooney and Claypool. Poles has been adept at playing to the markets strength so far so I think a lot of those decisions will come down to what he thinks is available next year more so than even their production.

Eventually when we dont have to spend so much in FA we are going to let good players walk to keep recouping comp picks. It works only if you can draft will but Niners seem to have a handful of comp picks every year. I think they got 7 this year partially due Miami hiring their coach.

greg23

Liked Posts:
AA or R Johnson

Prefer a slight trade down in the 4th to pick up another 5th

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Double down with Roschon Johnson. This way you have 2 elite RB’s that can both play QB.

Or Isaiah McGuire-Edge

Last edited:

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I don’t want them to draft Wypler. The more I watch his tape the more I’m disappointed with his anchor. The Bears don’t need another center that gets driven backwards into Fields lap. I was hoping Ricky Stromberg would be here, but at this point the Bears probably stick with Whitehair & Patrick at center this year and attack the position in next years draft.

I bet the Bears trade down and add another pick, because there are still a ton of guys that I like a lot (in no particular order)

Israel Abanikanda - RB
Isaiah McGuire - DE
Blake Freeland - OT
Dawand Jones - OT
Adetomiwa Adebawore - DT
Andre Carter II - DE
Jaelyn Duncan - OL
JL Skinner - S
Andrew Vorhees - OL
Corey Trice Jr. - DB

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
mcguire would be the guy i'd take...wypler is still on the board for a reason, he cant maintain blocks because of his short arms and cannot anchor...sounds like mustipher to me

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If i'm going BPA then i have go Kelee Ringo.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I’d like to see us draft
Deuce Vaughn
Carter Warren
Zack Kuntz

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Tyler Scott, Ade Ade, Roschon Johnson. I wonder why Kelee Ringo dropped so far? I also like Antonio Johnson at the safety position

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Why not bijan backup?
Of course I’d like Bootleg Bijan. I think Vaughn compliments the backfield as a weapon that we don’t have. Johnson may be the best hidden gem back in the draft, so I’ve never had a problem going bootleg, and I’m not going to start now.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Why not bijan backup?
Also, somewhere buried on this board is a tweet that talks about and shows some vid of the Bears RB coach working Roschon Johnson out. I’m not digging for it, but they did show interest. I also did a write up on him for one of my mocks.