Cameron Meredith is getting ready to run the NFC South ahead of schedule

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears really wanted Cam he would still be here. Pace didn't make a mistake.

This needs to get put to bed. People overthinking it way too much.

The only problem is with Bears fans not understanding that Cam was not in their plans. If the Bears thought he was worth the 3+ million this year, he'd still be here.
Let's hope he's right about the current crew. I like them.

I don't think I'm quite following how you are applying the term "mistake" to this though. It reads like you don't think he made a mistake because he did what he thought was best based on all available information. By that definition, I would hope he has never made a mistake in his history as Bears GM.

Hopefully we can agree that there is room for a bad evaluation to be a mistake whether we think it applies to this situation or not?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If the Bears really wanted Cam he would still be here.

Sure, GM's always make offers to players they don't want. LOL

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Sure, GM's always make offers to players they don't want. LOL

Sure, GM's never set a limit to what a player is worth to the team. LOL

Just because an offer is made, does not mean the player is invaluable to the team.

There exists a world where a team's want for a player is overshadowed by the player's market.

And if you interpret what Modo said as, the team didn't want Cam, but they made an offer anyway, then no one here can help you.

:obama:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And if you interpret what Modo said as, the team didn't want Cam, but they made an offer anyway, then no one here can help you.

Where did I come up with that?

If the Bears really wanted Cam he would still be here.

I'm not looking for help right now, just leave your resume and we'll get back to you.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Where did I come up with that?

I'm not looking for help right now, just leave your resume and we'll get back to you.

So you thought that repeating an obvious foolish interpretation would somehow help your obvious foolish interpretation? Brilliant!

Was stating a fact that no one could help you, not offering. Sorry you misinterpreted that too.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Wow, 10 pages and 200+ posts for Cam Meredith? On top of the 41 page 900+ post Pace-not-matching-offer-for-Meredith thread? It's really very simple. Pace tagged Meredith as insurance, after being spurned last off season by some players that he offered the most money to become a Bear. Once Allen, Gabriel and Burton were in the mix, Meredith was no longer going to provide value. Had Pace not signed 2 of those 3 does anyone believe that Pace would have passed on Cam? He went from #2 or 3 on the targets list to 4 or 5. Allen, Gabriel, Burton, Cohen were all going to be in front of him. Throw in an unresolved knee issue and the pass is understandable.

Some want to see Pace as a dolt that lost Cam over $1M. Others want to see him as a guy that protected the Bears while still letting Meredith set his market that he couldn't have with a 2nd rnd tender.

In the end, it is still 1100+ posts for a guy that had 5 games with more that 4 receptions in 3 seasons and is coming off a yet to be healed major knee injury. Much ado about not much really. Oh, and I like Cam and wanted to see him back.

You should literally go back and read Number51's rekting of "Doctor" Sugar Walls. It was rather impressive.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you thought that repeating an obvious foolish interpretation would somehow help your obvious foolish interpretation? Brilliant!

Was stating a fact that no one could help you, not offering. Sorry you misinterpreted that too.

I quoted the guy, I didn't interpret anything.

You feel free to misinterpret what ever you want.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I quoted the guy, I didn't interpret anything.

You feel free to misinterpret what ever you want.

Tyra-Always-Called-Girl-Out-When-She-Wrong.gif

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You should literally go back and read Number51's rekting of "Doctor" Sugar Walls. It was rather impressive.

I was entertained by that exchange. I mean, what else is there to read about right now? It's "fluff Bears article" season with zero happening.