Campana's inside the park home run

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looked like Campana ran the bases in about 14 seconds so I had to look up the fastest time ever and apparently it was Evar Swanson in 13.3 seconds...amazing

Looked it up as well, and it is interesting since apparently Swanson was just running around the bases. Campana actually took a swing and made it around in about 14 seconds. The guy is really, really fast.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
wtf is campana doing batting 2?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
wtf is campana doing batting 2?

I know right...I'd either lead him off or bat him 9th if you're going to start him. Despite his power surge today (guffaw) he's usually going to hit it on the ground and that doesn't do so well in advancing runners, plus you don't want even Starlin Castro blocking his way on the basepaths :lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know right...I'd either lead him off or bat him 9th if you're going to start him. Despite his power surge today (guffaw) he's usually going to hit it on the ground and that doesn't do so well in advancing runners, plus you don't want even Starlin Castro blocking his way on the basepaths :lol:

Am I getting a convert to that idea?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really a convert, I just want to see more folks batting the pitcher 8th just to shake things up a bit.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think it's hard to be against Campana with limited appearances, I'd like him to finish off the season starting nearly everyday to see what they truly have in him. Starting guys like Johnson and Byrd are fine, but the Cubs are out of the playoff race for this season. We know what Byrd and Johnson provide. I'd like to see if Campana grows as a hitter, and can get on base at a better clip. :dunno:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see the value in starting Reed Johnson beyond showing he is healthy for a trade. I think they've done that by starting him back to back games. Using Reed against lefties makes some sense as well, but there is no excuse for playing Reed Johnson over either Colvin or Campana against a righty.

Byrd is a different story since he is likely to be a starter next season. I don't want Byrd to get an extra couple of months off just because the season is lost. I mean I don't mind him getting a few extra days off but we can't just sit him.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://tatertrottracker.com/

Fastest home run of the year so far but not by much.