1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I dont care about the outfielder, im specifically talking about campana. I dont care if the outfielder fainted out there, the fact that campana hit a homerun will give a lot of fans false hope that campana is a starter and will be a starter in the bigs because he is sooooooo fast.

Koyie Hill hit a home run before, I think he can be a starter... :troll:

Really though, nobody said he is a starter... well, now daddies does, but I sure as hell don't... not when we already have Colvin, Jackson, and Szczur as potential starters and when Campana can't hit his way out of a paper bag...

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not so sure why this thread got derailed into Campana being an every day starter. Rush just posted a vid of an inside-the-park homerun. No need to dissect something that there.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Koyie Hill hit a home run before, I think he can be a starter... :troll:

Really though, nobody said he is a starter... well, now daddies does, but I sure as hell don't... not when we already have Colvin, Jackson, and Szczur as potential starters and when Campana can't hit his way out of a paper bag...

So a 3 hit game in MLB dont mean anything? Again this guy hit in minors everywhere he went. Guess what the same guys he facing also pitched in minors at some time.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
So a 3 hit game in MLB dont mean anything? Again this guy hit in minors everywhere he went. Guess what the same guys he facing also pitched in minors at some time.

Small sample size much?

I'm sure Koyie Hill had a 3-hit game at some point too...

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Small sample size much?

I'm sure Koyie Hill had a 3-hit game at some point too...

I just dont get why you guys dont give this guy a chance. He has something that most MLB players dont, INCREDIBLE speed. He did hit in minors and had .350 OBP in minors. So just give this guy a chance. Hate when fans label a guy after he has barely 50 AB in MLB

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I just dont get why you guys dont give this guy a chance. He has something that most MLB players dont, INCREDIBLE speed. He did hit in minors and had .350 OBP in minors. So just give this guy a chance. Hate when fans label a guy after he has barely 50 AB in MLB

Well here we don't give Barney or Colvin a chance, why would you expect us to give Campana a chance?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well here we don't give Barney or Colvin a chance, why would you expect us to give Campana a chance?

:clap:

For a team that is 18 games under just funny how guys want a rebuild but when they bring younger guys up Cub fans are all over saying they suck right away.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will give him that today he hit the ball the hardest I have ever seen. Usually most everything is just on the ground and you hope it is slow enough for him to leg it out. It is fun to watch him play and wish he could hit enough to make him useful as a starter.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:clap:

For a team that is 18 games under just funny how guys want a rebuild but when they bring younger guys up Cub fans are all over saying they suck right away.

I don't think most true fans feel that way...a lot of young ones that don't understand salaries and what not maybe...but I'm fine w/ Barney. I don't think he's the long-term answer, but I'm not against him getting some playing time in. I think they're all called like they're seen. Camp's got great speed and is an excellent option off the bench. Barney's probably a career util-type player. Colvin, I'm more pessimistic on him than most are on here, but I don't see why that's a big deal, either.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will give him that today he hit the ball the hardest I have ever seen. Usually most everything is just on the ground and you hope it is slow enough for him to leg it out. It is fun to watch him play and wish he could hit enough to make him useful as a starter.

Have to give him playing time to find out. Him playing 1 time a week wont help him show he starter material or just 5th OF

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
barney is 26..

he doesnt have a really high ceiling like some of the younger players do

not a bad guy to have on the team

but i wouldnt expect anything great from it..but i like surprises:)

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe Rudy J told him somethin' somethin'...

That was a pretty cool inside-the-park homer although Alonso totally misplayed that off the wall...tough play, but still, yikes! Once it got past him, Campana was home free.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Rudy J told him somethin' somethin'...

That was a pretty cool inside-the-park homer although Alonso totally misplayed that off the wall...tough play, but still, yikes! Once it got past him, Campana was home free.

Oh you knew it was going to be good the way it was headed for that spot along the wall with Alonso playing it for the first time.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
barney is 26..

he doesnt have a really high ceiling like some of the younger players do

not a bad guy to have on the team

but i wouldnt expect anything great from it..but i like surprises:)

This fact seems to escape most people's notice. Campana, Barney and Dewitt are all about 10 months apart in age. These guys have a chance to get better, but it isn't going to be by leaps and bounds. For the most part they are what they are at this point, which on good teams is bench/role players.

Last edited:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I definitely don't expect him to go 3-for-5 every day with hard hit balls. Kid just doesn't have that much power. But if someone else gets on base and Campana pinch-runs for him, they might as well give him third base :lol:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looked like Campana ran the bases in about 14 seconds so I had to look up the fastest time ever and apparently it was Evar Swanson in 13.3 seconds...amazing