Can someone cliff notes the past two weeks for me?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The latest two weeks as far as watching the Cardinals struggles, have been glorious.

They have a lot of talent, and are 16 games under .500.

I predicted they'd win 95, but the Willson factor has taken hold. He has a way of keeping the team he is on from coming close to its potential.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The latest two weeks as far as watching the Cardinals struggles, have been glorious.

They have a lot of talent, and are 16 games under .500.

I predicted they'd win 95, but the Willson factor has taken hold. He has a way of keeping the team he is on from coming close to its potential.
Wut??

But yes, it’s fun watching the cardinals struggle miserably in a season many thought they would win the division in

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's not the beat all-end all of catchers but he certainly was a key factor in 2016....only played about a half of that season with the Cubs but caught about 80% of the second half games and played in all the post season games.

Call me crazy but I'd say being a big part of a WS winner is helping max your team's potential.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Boys are the cubs back?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He's not the beat all-end all of catchers but he certainly was a key factor in 2016....only played about a half of that season with the Cubs but caught about 80% of the second half games and played in all the post season games.

Call me crazy but I'd say being a big part of a WS winner is helping max your team's potential.
What???

Montero was the primary catcher and the pitching staff was far better with him. He also had a huge grand slam to beat LAD.

I recall no contributions from Contreras in the postseason.

The Cubs jettisoned montero when he criticized Arietta and the pitching was never the same.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What???

Montero was the primary catcher and the pitching staff was far better with him. He also had a huge grand slam to beat LAD.

I recall no contributions from Contreras in the postseason.

The Cubs jettisoned montero when he criticized Arietta and the pitching was never the same.
No, he was not. Sure, he hit the GS and actually drove in what turned out to be the winning run in game 7. Only two hits he got....why, because he was PHing. Contreras played in all 17 games, starting most of them. HE was the primary catcher from late June till the end....actually did pretty well for a rookie before it all went down hill defensively for him. Don't forget David Ross. He caught all of Lester's games and caught a few in post season as well. Montero might have started a game in there somewhere but he didn't do a lot of catching in the playoffs....actually didn't catch a whole lot of reg season games after Contreras arrived.

Not sure what happened between Jake and Montero but I do know his game was slipping ....his throwing was getting bad, never could run, was hitting like ,215 and even worse....he looked out of shape.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Man, Mike fucking Tauchman have been an absolute revelation for the cubs in the lead off spot

It allows everyone else to slot a spot down and put Swanson in the 5 spot to make the lineup a lot deeper

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, Mike fucking Tauchman have been an absolute revelation for the cubs in the lead off spot

It allows everyone else to slot a spot down and put Swanson in the 5 spot to make the lineup a lot deeper
Late bloomer? It certainly does extend the lineup but the best part is that playing CF allows Bellinger to move to 1B.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

They had a pretty rough stretch in May that almost made me throw in the towel for the year lol. I was excited about Mervis and then he flamed out. Multiple 4 game skids practically back to back. And then boom, Mike fucking Tauchman brings them back from the dead. Don't get me wrong, I don't think anything comes of this season, but the division is shit. If they hang around long enough they might at least make it interesting down the stretch

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They had a pretty rough stretch in May that almost made me throw in the towel for the year lol. I was excited about Mervis and then he flamed out. Multiple 4 game skids practically back to back. And then boom, Mike fucking Tauchman brings them back from the dead. Don't get me wrong, I don't think anything comes of this season, but the division is shit. If they hang around long enough they might at least make it interesting down the stretch
The division is certainly up for grabs. Cubs are the only team that has a positive run differential.

The reds have won 10 in a row and are in first place, yet still have a negative run differential

If the cubs bullpen hadn’t been a bag of dicks, cubs are likely already in first place at this point

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The SCORE literally has boring baseball talk every morning lately that I don't listen to but if you will then you won't make these sorts of threads. You can also use google.
Cut him some slack, he's in IOWA

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The SCORE literally has boring baseball talk every morning lately that I don't listen to but if you will then you won't make these sorts of threads. You can also use google.
The irony of you telling someone not to start “these sort of” threads. ?