Can we at least get a new DC next year?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Assumptions: Bears keep Nagy and Pace. Not debating if they should or not, this scenario just assumes they are keeping them.

Can we at least get a new defensive coordinator then for 2021? One can actually get top 5 production out of top 5 talent on the defensive side of the ball? That would be nice.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Assumptions: Bears keep Nagy and Pace. Not debating if they should or not, this scenario just assumes they are keeping them.

Can we at least get a new defensive coordinator then for 2021? One can actually get top 5 production out of top 5 talent on the defensive side of the ball? That would be nice.
Yeah we need one. Maybe Wade Phillips?

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
It’s almost embarrassing to have so much talent on paper and look so bad as of late. Hopefully we get a new coordinator next season, the return of our true NT, a healthy OLB team, and the return of our elite secondary. It’s fun to make fun of them because of them not being elite, but in all honesty they should be top 5. Pags has ruined this unit. Now the offense is having to carry the defense. That’s not good

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Pagano has no clue. Calls plays like there’s not a star on the defense.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line and you run a TE end around. And you want the D corr gone?!! Nagy needs to GO!!!!!

Canth

Liked Posts:
1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line and you run a TE end around. And you want the D corr gone?!! Nagy needs to GO!!!!!

I've basically said in other threads that I would like an overhaul of everyone because I don't trust Pace and Nagy to evaluate or develop the QB position. However, I also recognize that there is an increasingly strong possibility that they are brought back - especially if they somehow make the playoffs. This thread isn't trying to be about that. The point of this thread was to discuss how much Pagano has underutilized or misused the talent on this defense.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Agreed 100%

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah we need one. Maybe Wade Phillips?
Wade Phillips isn't great as a head-coach. He is however amazing as a DC. He's made some Bears QBs (*cough* Jay Cutler) look awful over the years.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Wade Phillips isn't great as a head-coach. He is however amazing as a DC. He's made some Bears QBs (*cough* Jay Cutler) look awful over the years.
Wonder why the Rams let him go?

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Pagano still refuses to blitz and get Glennon hell

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I will vote to fire Pagano..The man stinks

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I’m not getting it either. It’s fucking Mike Glennon...

I'm all aboard the Phillips train, hell I'd sign Kubiak as a HC and have a reunion. That's likely not gonna happen now. They need a real nose in there though, to Pagano's defense they're getting zero pressure inside and the QB can just setup up. The ends are pushing the tackles but with no inside pressure a smart qb can just setup and throw.