Can we hang up this dopey idea of tagging Mitch?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
you realize there is probably 4-5 qbs in the history of the nfl as good as rodgers

There's a reason good teams don't get beat often. Good teams don't lose often. The issue is that the Bears do not have a good enough team to compete against the top dogs.

Grape

Liked Posts:
Watch the packers pass plays and let me know how much better those plays looks. People are open downfield. Bears plays are at the line of scrimmage
Um I'm sorry but fans were clamoring for Nagy to stop pretending like we're KC or whoever start adjusting for Mitch and the offense's strengths. This is what it looks like adjusted.

Now that we've done that, your argument is why don't we look like the Packers? Give me a break.

Bust

Liked Posts:
we know one thang is for sure. Arob definitely prefers Mitch Trubisky throwing him the ball.

Just think, only one year ago there were a ton of posters here demanding Arob be paid. BRUTAL!!!

Liked Posts:
we know one thang is for sure. Arob definitely prefers Mitch Trubisky throwing him the ball.

Just think, only one year ago there were a ton of posters here demanding Arob be paid. BRUTAL!!!

Huh?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who doesn't see the progression and are screaming about a single bad throw must really not understand the game of football.

Once we couldn't stop Rodgers, the game plan turned predictable like another poster mentioned. The Packers have a way of forcing an opposing offenses hand to have to out Rodgers, Rodgers. It doesn't work very often. Just look at what they did to Tannehill) last week: 11 of 24 for 121 yards 1TD and 2 INT. This was a guy who many have indicated would be the perfect qb in the bears offense and have even referred to as MT's "ceiling." He really played more like Kyle Orton in that game.

We're getting closer and closer to being competitive against Green Bay. This game was competitive most of the way and yes Mitch had a single bad throw (Rodgers probably should have also been picked a couple times and probably would have been if Roquan Smith didn't take an early exit). Rodgers did play near perfect football and we were down Jaylon Johnson and Roquan Smith and still managed to make this game competitive the majority of the way.

Save for the 1 pick, Mitch was efficient and is gaining confidence. His deep ball needs work but he wouldn't be the first quarterback in NFL history to struggle with the deep ball early in his career. This last month hasn't been a fluke and suddenly even the offensive line is playing acceptable football.

Why blow all of that up when they're trending in the right direction? Why create a need at QB when we have one that we already win with. Instead they should keep the core of guys they have; Mitch, A-Rob, Mooney, Montgomery, Cohen, etc. Build off of that and let the offense continue to ascend.

Couple that with what will almost certainly be an improved defense by Eddie Goldman clogging up the interior after a year of rest and perhaps now the flexibility to add yet another defensive play maker without the need for a QB and less of a need for offensive lineman. Maybe this will be the answer to the Bears beating the Packers with another blue chip player on the defense and an offense that's coming into its own.

They should absolutely give it another shot and anyone who doesn't see that is completely idiotic. If Foles was not pulled, this is easily a 10-6 team. Mitch responded to his benching by coming back with the first back to back to back to back 30 point games for the first time since 1965.
this post aged badly

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's interesting here is that Mitch's dead money under the tag or option would be almost exactly the same as Foles plus Dalton. Would it really have made any difference if the Bear kept Mitch instead as long as they still drafted Fields?

The cap was fucked either way. With this protection, Mitch may have not been worse than Dalton and likely more available so overall better ? . Does that mean I thought it a good idea? Fuck no. I didn't want to pay Mitch $24m and extend the dysfunctional blame game going on at Hallas when both coaching and play were sub par not pay that sort of money to what appears to be a journeyman but I did understand why Pace might have chosen to bite the bullet and keep him another year.

I think 95% of us are happy he didn't tag him but really, wouldn't we be better off if we had resigned him in FA for say $3m rather than an old Dalton for $10m with this O? More cap to keep guys we cut, likely more availability to actually play and clearly not a worse record and a more concise grooming of Fields, whatever that means with this staff. :rolleyes: Find a way to move Foles (wishful) and we have even more resources.

I preferred Dalton to Foles and Mitch becaue he could at least run this stupid O but pressure has always been his Waterloo so scheme and health at OL was paramount. So much QB debate going on when other HC/OCs are getting acceptable results from journeymen backups. It really didn't matter what we did outside of some blockbuster QB move like Wilson. Hopefully the real problem is correctly addressed and will begin to get solved in a month.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, if he won us this game, played well, and then won us a playoff game.

I've mentioned in many threads I dont see mitch's market value being pas the mid teens. I expect him to get near what mariotta got, or a bit more. 2 yrs/20m total. Fully guaranteed year one.
i year at 2.5 mill, nowhere near Mariotta like

msadows

Liked Posts:
i year at 2.5 mill, nowhere near Mariotta like

Yea, he got a lot less than everyone expected.

That being said I pointed out t hat you don't give him the 5th year. Zero way.

I would have loved to have BOTH fields and Mitch. Especially Mitch at 2.5m. Instead we got dalton. Ohh well.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Gotta think, that had the Bears extended Robinson he would have been all in on the rookie, instead of playing his way out of Chicago.