Canseco (and Sosa/Palmeiro/McGwire?) to sue MLB

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
NEW YORK(AP)—Jose Canseco plans to file a class-action lawsuit against Major League Baseball and the players’ association, saying he’s been ostracized for going public with tales of steroids use in the sport.

Canseco said Wednesday that he has discussed the suit with lawyers and intends to enlist Sammy Sosa(notes) and Rafael Palmeiro to join in the suit.

Canseco said the basis of the suit would be “lost wages - in some cases, defamation of character.”

“Because I used steroids and I came out with a book, I was kicked out of the game, but I have not been inducted into the Hall of Fame,” Canseco said in a telephone interview.

“A lot of these players have not been inducted into the Hall of Fame: Mark McGwire and so forth. They’re losing salaries, because obviously when you’re inducted into the Hall of Fame, you get asked to do certain, you know, appearances and shows and so forth, which incorporates income. So there is a major income loss.

“Not even that, baseball blackballs you from their family, meaning you can’t have a future proper reference from them, a job, no managerial jobs, no coaching jobs, nothing. They completely sever you.”

“Like I’ve said all along, in my era 80 percent of the players were using steroids and why would Sammy Sosa be excluded from that?” Canseco said. “I think people are going to be amazed how, you know, extensive that list is that Major League Baseball is holding back right now and who are on it.”

Canseco said the list should remain private because players were promised anonymity, but he predicted the remaining names eventually will trickle out and become public.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_y...vLYF?slug=txsteroidscanseco&prov=st&type=lgns

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
As much as I think Canseco is a complete ass, he has a good point here. The MLB essentially lied to all these players telling them it would be anonymous & no punishment would come from it, then they go ahead & start leaking out names at the best possible time to smear a player's reputation. A-Rod does an interview saying he never took roids. A month later they release his name. Sosa says he's retiring so his name won't be smeared by the roids scandal. 2 weeks later they release his name. It's absolutely appalling how the MLB has handle this entire situation. If you're going to release the names, THEN RELEASE THEM ALL!! Roids & PED's actually helped save this league if you think about it because if it wasn't for the 98 McGwire-Sosa HR Derby all season, baseball could have gone down the tubes. Bud Selig has got to be the worst commissioner of any major sport on the globe.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I love Jose, I hope he goes out and gets MLB.