Cap at 58 million

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Little late now, but we had room for two max FAs without moving Deng after all. :angry:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well dang. On the bright side...if we get LeBron, we have a little extra to get someone of a 2 million salary range as opposed to bare minimum. And if he goes elsewhere...we have a lot of room to sign guys like Raja Bell, Ray Allen, Morrow, Reddick, Miller, Josh Childress (saw DT mention it on his blog, I think it's a decent idea, although he's not much of a 3pt shooter), or any other of the quality FA SG's out there or heck, even a combination. We can go for depth at the C too by resigning Miller to a 2 year deal or something, going for Haywood, etc. We can S&T with someone and absorb salary to get a good player. There's a lot of options still open. Although, the latter of those options was open to us anyway...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Congrats to Amare and JJ, they just got raises.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
The extra room also makes LeBron to Miami slightly more plausible.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
The extra room also makes LeBron to Miami slightly more plausible.

Something tells me his ego would never let him do that. If he really wanted to, they would have traded MB and every draft pick between now and the end of entirety to make it happen. And someone would have bit on it.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Yeah I don't think it's happening, but it's gone from a 0.1% to a 1% chance or something now.

And Hollinger sure knows how to rub it in:

"Good news Hawks fans: New cap # means Joe johnson deal looks even worse at $127M. "