Cap numbers as they stand right now... huh???

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
But still, that view comes from your perspective that Cutler is going to play at least as efficient as when he was at his best last year. And do it consistently.

I see what you mean, and agree, but what I'm saying is the perspective that actually counts is that of Emery & Trestman. They believe Jay is the guy, so they paid him as such. I've been critical of Jay in the past, so my opinion may not mean shit to some. I guess my main point was that if the FO believes Jay is their guy, and his contract was up, you gotta pay. People tying together Jays contract & us not having 30+ million to do whatever the hell we want in free agency seem short sighted.

stats guy

Liked Posts:

Chicago Bears 2014 Salary Cap

Est. Salary Cap Space: $8,583,177
Offensive Spend: 25 Players $71,593,550
Defensive Spend: 29 Players $39,258,989
Specials Spend:
4 Players $3,935,000

This is probably close right now for the Bears current salary cap amount. This is basically the same amount the media reported the Bears had prior to FA. The Bears are just moving money around and still have room to do stuff.

Emery will just not shoot his waud knowing that there are still guys out there, we still have the draft, UDFA's after that, and he always waits for the June cuts as well.

We can free up another $1.1 mil by cutting Weems, and another $2.5 mil if we cut Earl Bennett, which I don't want, but is a reality. Part of the cap amount now is made up of some future/reserve contracts that will make up about 3-4 mil, and should cover the rookie pool.

Lastly, it's well publicized that the Bears can redo Cutler and Jenning's contracts to free up as much as $14 mil, if they found a player that was worth paying now.

The moral of the story is the same trolls are the ones complaining about the Bears. All they do is bitch, and they never appreciate what's taking place before their very eyes!
Thanks Bear Pride,

But how come they don't have an official number for each team. The league has to know what the numbers are. Why don't they share them with the fans?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They can, but then that creates a burden on future caps by spreading out the cap hit.

Second, they could have signed Ward, Byrd, Verner, or someone else to shore up the secondary along with Houston. With a QB whisperer as HC, I'm still perplexed why the Bears QB has to carry the highest cap hit in the NFL.

How does going from absolutely no cap hit in future years to some SB wreak havoc? If the Bears need 8 million then they convert 10 million into SB which then adds 2 million in each of the next 5 years.

Is 2 million wreaking havoc? You are being dense. Most contracts have SB and the Bears currently have none. So they can easily convert a reasonable amount into SB and still be well under what is normal SB in deals such as this.

In short, Cliff Fucking Stein is smarter than you and he knows what the plan is going forward. So you can bet he has done the deal in the best way possible so STFU and respect his authority.

You are free of course to bash giving Jay the money in the first place but crying about the flexibility of the contract is pretty fucking stupid. The point of a flexible contract is that you can use that flexibility as needs arise.