Capitals @ Blackhawks IGT 2/28 at 11:30 a.m.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finally showed up to play ice hockey.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Big win great game. Some dominant stretches. Ladd #1 star. But seriously. He'll need a a little time to adjust not a bad game for him but nothing promising yet. When hoss gets back I am sure it will click big time it's gotta be hard for them to play with Shaw sometimes

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great game and win. Hoss was definitely missed along the boards and backchecking. This team will only get even better when Hoss, Krugs and Weise get here.

Bears4life

Liked Posts:
Great win again, plus you can see these guys love playing together!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And wtf was the unsportsmanlike called on Hammer for? Very out of character for him, and the announcers didn't say dick about what happened. Did he mouth off at a ref?

Bears4life

Liked Posts:
And wtf was the unsportsmanlike called on Hammer for? Very out of character for him, and the announcers didn't say dick about what happened. Did he mouth off at a ref?

I am sure we will find out tomorrow

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Troy Murray was hinting at that on the radio postgame show. Still haven't seen it confirmed though.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Hjalmarsson had some words for the ref after believing he was getting high sticked. That is why he received the penalty. Bad time to take a penalty, that's for sure.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hjalmarsson had some words for the ref after believing he was getting high sticked. That is why he received the penalty. Bad time to take a penalty, that's for sure.

Bad time for the refs to make a call that could've effected the outcome, more like it. Hammer doesn't have a rep for complaining. That player hurt my referee feelings, time to give the Caps a long 5 on 3 at the end of the game. SMH!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bad time for the refs to make a call that could've effected the outcome, more like it. Hammer doesn't have a rep for complaining. That player hurt my referee feelings, time to give the Caps a long 5 on 3 at the end of the game. SMH!

That type of call is sickening....the ref thinks it's more about himself than the game....fuck that bullshit. The league should stick it to the refs that take it upon themselves to make that type of call.

On top of that Hammer plays a very clean hard nose style and rarely complains aboot anything.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Quick to jump on the refs without even knowing what Hjalmarsson said. Clearly at some point there is a line with every ref and Hjalmarsson crossed it. He shouldn't have been complaining at that point in the game, put your head down, forget about what you think happened, and focus on killing off the penalty. Not in his character (though he has gotten a couple misconducts before for mouthing off) so it is an easy one to forget about and move on from after the Blackhawks escaped with a win.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quick to jump on the refs without even knowing what Hjalmarsson said. Clearly at some point there is a line with every ref and Hjalmarsson crossed it. He shouldn't have been complaining at that point in the game, put your head down, forget about what you think happened, and focus on killing off the penalty. Not in his character (though he has gotten a couple misconducts before for mouthing off) so it is an easy one to forget about and move on from after the Blackhawks escaped with a win.

When a ref puts a team two men down at the end of the game, possibly altering the outcome of them. then, YEP, time to jump on him. That late in the game, if what the player says is so egregious, instead, give him a misconduct.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I thought that the Caps coach should have kept the goalie off of the ice after they scored getting the two man advantage. Glad they didn't:)

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The refs were getting it from both sides yesterday, from the bad non-icing call to Hammer. I think Hammer probably got it due to the level of bitching from bad officiating, and he basically got the "last man in" call.

You can blame the refs, or maybe tell Hammer to not chirp at a critical moment of the game.

Go to game 7 against Detroit and see Hammer's reaction to the goal being waived off in 2013. He has a mean streak to him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The refs were getting it from both sides yesterday, from the bad non-icing call to Hammer. I think Hammer probably got it due to the level of bitching from bad officiating, and he basically got the "last man in" call.

You can blame the refs, or maybe tell Hammer to not chirp at a critical moment of the game.

Go to game 7 against Detroit and see Hammer's reaction to the goal being waived off in 2013. He has a mean streak to him.

He also loves angrily throwing sticks around.

This is after they swept Minnesota last year:

Vj7aWoi.gif

This was after he scored a goal:

tumblr_nmvm3m4DM81skgd7ao1_500.gif

This was after surrendering a goal:

hatemystick.gif

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
He's a very passionate player is all. hah.