Carmelo Anthony to test free agency!

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I don't want Carmelo with the Bulls. he plays slow paced.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I would suggest Cleveland as well, but if Bynum doesn't work out and they cut him- are they really a contender? If Bynum DOES work out like they hope...then would they have room to sign LeBron? I don't think so.

In regards to the Laker thing- I understand its a long shot. Hell even my scenario of Randolph he'd had to take a 8.5 million dollar pay cut or so to make it work considering he has a PO for over 16 mil next year (which he'd never opt out of).

However, the appeal of the LA Lakers will interest him at the very least. If the Lakers DID re-sign Kobe...it'd be impossible for them to build any type of team around the two of them as they'd almost reach the cap with 4 guys (don't forget Kobe has stated he won't take a pay cut).

If the Lakers decided to part ways with Kobe at years end and fire D'Antoni (duh)...they could offer Calipari whatever he wanted to get him out of Kentucky...perhaps be in possession of a lottery pick in this year's very very very loaded draft..the ability to bring in other FAs to put next to LeBron and make Nash a premier spot up shooter...

Admit it- it has its appeal.

OK I'll give all the speculation a rest.

Screw the Lakers.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I would suggest Cleveland as well, but if Bynum doesn't work out and they cut him- are they really a contender? If Bynum DOES work out like they hope...then would they have room to sign LeBron? I don't think so.

In regards to the Laker thing- I understand its a long shot. Hell even my scenario of Randolph he'd had to take a 8.5 million dollar pay cut or so to make it work considering he has a PO for over 16 mil next year (which he'd never opt out of).

According to HoopsHype.com the Cavaliers payroll including Bynum is about 30 mil. If the cap is set to aboug 58 where it's been at for a few years then they have enough to offer lebron a max contract deal. Seeing how he took less money to go to Miami it's not out of the realm of possibility that he'd take less to go to Cleveland. And, even if Bynum DIDN'T work out they still have Irving who is an up and coming All star. Besides, how's miami doing with a big name big? Also, I disagree with your LA appeal scenario. I remember back in the summer of 2010 all everybody talked about was how LeBron and another big name FA was going to go to NY because it's the mecca of basketball and the market capital of America, blah blah blah blah. How'd that work out for them? As far as Calipari, he might sign with them, but I believe because they fired Brown and in your scenario fire D'Antoni i'm not sure they'll be able to pay for another coach and still have 2 on the books.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
If we found a way to fit Melo in salary-wise by removing Deng & Boozer, you can count me in.

A starting line-up of:

Rose
Buckets
Melo
Taj
Noah

Damn near unbeatable.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
If we found a way to fit Melo in salary-wise by removing Deng & Boozer, you can count me in.

A starting line-up of:

Rose
Buckets
Melo
Taj
Noah

Damn near unbeatable.

It can be done.........but is PaxGar willing, or even capable of such a blockbuster signing?...........
I wouldnt be suprised if PaxGar strikes out on all the available bigtime free agents and ended up signing the leftovers around the league, or purhaps they may just resign Deng.....Kind of pathetic.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
If you want zero ball movement on offense, shitty defense, shitty court awareness, a cancer, and have to pay him tons of money to boot, then Carmelo is your guy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Carmelo Anthony is the most overrated player in NBA history and it truly baffles me as to what people see in him. Scoring a lot of points doesn't mean much when you suck at everything else and you're a ball stopper. The ball stopping part is the biggest problem. You can't win in the playoffs when one player is chucking his team out of contention and doing nothing else of worth on the court.

Mr. 247

Liked Posts:
OHHHH!!!! SNAPPPPP!!!!

MELO woul be an AWESOME pick up!!!

My first choise is BG and KOBE but MELO would be nice like chicken fried rice!!!

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
OHHHH!!!! SNAPPPPP!!!!

MELO woul be an AWESOME pick up!!!

My first choise is BG and KOBE but MELO would be nice like chicken fried rice!!!

Id be happy with alnost any superstar player joining the team at this point.
And if not a superstar, a guy like B.G would help add points on the board when the Bulls struggle to score.
If Ben Gordon came back, i have a feeling it would rejuventate his career back to 6th man of the year status.

Either way, Rose is going to need another star on this team in order to get past the superteams for a ring.
The obvious is obvious.

But If i were the GM, my main targets to get would be LebronJames, Kevin Love or Carmello Anthony.
I love Kobe and B.G, but Kobes on his way out and B.G isnt exactly a star anymore.
I have my eyes on a major prize like Lebron-Love-Melo..............

Get it done GarPax.

Last edited:

(e)

Jimmy Boi
Liked Posts:
Only way I'd see us having a chance at Melo is if the Bulls and Knicks both agreed to do a sign and trade. Knicks sign and trade Melo, while Chicago signs and trades Deng and ships Taj along with him.

Plus we amnesty Boozer before this happens.

If we don't win a Championship this year then I'd be okay with the FO pulling the trigger on something like that. Especially if Nikola Mirotic is going to come over.

Otherwise, I don't see it happening. Melo is going to get his money first.

Getting rid of Boozer and letting Deng walk gives us like 44.5 million committed. Pretty sure Melo can sign a deal that starts out at more than ~15 million.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Only way I'd see us having a chance at Melo is if the Bulls and Knicks both agreed to do a sign and trade. Knicks sign and trade Melo, while Chicago signs and trades Deng and ships Taj along with him.

Plus we amnesty Boozer before this happens.

If we don't win a Championship this year then I'd be okay with the FO pulling the trigger on something like that. Especially if Nikola Mirotic is going to come over.

Otherwise, I don't see it happening. Melo is going to get his money first.

LoL
Why in the Hell would N.Y reward the Bulls with Melo? N.Y hates the Bulls.....
And why would N.Y want to replace a bonified superstar(Melo) with fucking Deng-Taj?
Ridiculous thought....
If anything, NY would want Noah, or Rose........................................

(e)

Jimmy Boi
Liked Posts:
LoL
Why in the Hell would N.Y reward the Bulls with Melo? N.Y hates the Bulls.....
And why would N.Y want to replace a bonified superstar(Melo) with fucking Deng-Taj?
Ridiculous thought....
If anything, NY would want Noah, or Rose........................................

Didn't say it was likely or I thought it would happen. Just saying Melo isn't ending up in Chicago unless something like that were to happen.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Didn't say it was likely or I thought it would happen. Just saying Melo isn't ending up in Chicago unless something like that were to happen.

My apologies if you thought i was being harsh.
I just dont see NY wanting anyone on the Bulls except Noah and Rose.
Obviously Noah and Rose are keepers to build around so Bulls definately arnt giving them up for nobody.

Anyway,
I think It would be wiser if PaxGarRose just recruit Lebron James.......
James-Rose would work out better than Melo-Rose.
Lebron James is a better team player.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Come on guys, lets think about this... why the fuck would NY trade Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls with a year left on his contract? Not happening.

Second thing, LeBron is not coming to Chicago. This doesn't even deserve serious consideration, and quite frankly it's an insult to even suggest this. LeBron is more concerned about his OWN legacy than to be apart of something that Michael Jordan built from the ground up. Maybe if LeBron were more evolved as a person, and not so self-absorbed, he would be here already with three rings and a lock for another three. Chicago was clearly the best fit with Rose and the supporting cast here, but LeBron has the emotional maturity of a 13 year old so he wasn't ready, never will be.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
Yeah the Lebron coming to Chicago thing is outrageous. Lebron didn't want to come here the first time and has made it quite clear that he can't stand this team (and the Bulls fans and players have made it quite clear they can't stand him)

But I guess people need to hang on to their pipe dreams to sleep better at night, so whatever, more power to them.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Yeah the Lebron coming to Chicago thing is outrageous. Lebron didn't want to come here the first time and has made it quite clear that he can't stand this team (and the Bulls fans and players have made it quite clear they can't stand him)

But I guess people need to hang on to their pipe dreams to sleep better at night, so whatever, more power to them.

Fine, then we might as well hang up our dreams of championships for quite a while.
:(

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
2012 was our best chance...we had our best team....that first game vs the sixers went so smooth...Rose wasnt even at 100% he was still shaking the rust from coming back from that groin injury...hell even Rip who was a massive let down had 19 pts and looked good

you also gotta account for Heat injuries wade had knee problems and bosh was hurt aswell....Boston who i thought we woulda beat in 6 took miami to 7

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
2012 was our best chance...we had our best team....that first game vs the sixers went so smooth...Rose wasnt even at 100% he was still shaking the rust from coming back from that groin injury...hell even Rip who was a massive let down had 19 pts and looked good

you also gotta account for Heat injuries wade had knee problems and bosh was hurt aswell....Boston who i thought we woulda beat in 6 took miami to 7

That really irked me in 2012 with the Rose injury ruining everything. We had a chance to play Boston in the 2nd round to avenge 2009. Oh well.